Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 04:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,289,005 times

Advertisements

[quote=lifelongMOgal;16331179] Complete disregard for natural law and the rights conferred be it by a Creator (not sky daddy) or natural law.

When Nazis exterminated over 6,000,000 Jews it sure looked to me like they took away their rights.

When the Khmer Rouge exterminated anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 million Laotians it sure looked like these people were having their rights denied to them.

When Joseph Stalin killed millions of Russians and interned thousands more in gulags it sure looked like he was denying those people their rights.

If man's rights truly came for a "Creator" then what did it take so long for the concept of democracy to become prevalent throughout much of the world? After all if these rights were truly "given" every man would already have them throughout the course of history. That is clearly not true. The concepts that this country was built on did not become clearly conceptualized until the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He will forever go down in history as quoting the document like he has. That is rewriting it in history. Since he is president and all

I dont think the document is important to you at all. Since you are on this board making excuses for it not being quotes correctly.
Glen Beck rewrites history every day and he gets a free pass.

The copies Declaration of Indpendence are widely available especially on the internet. Anybody with a shred of intellectual curiosity can view and read the document for themselves.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I like to see all the natural born commies here saying that governments give you your rights.. You people will be the first to be enslaved and like it I guess.
If you truly believe in the Declaration of Independence and the clause

Quote:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
Can you explain to me how the same people that wrote the Declaration of Independence chose to permit slavery when they wrote the Constitution. After all these are God given rights that anybody should have?

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 10-22-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
It is also insulting to the Document and to others like me in the LP.

The "whomever" may be irrelevant but the term and the reference is most relevant to the second paragraph in the DOI. The signors were making it absoultely clear "rights were endowed by their creator" and that government's job was to protect and guarantee that "we the people" enjoyed that protection of our rights by the government being established.

You can't omit the use of the term "creator" and have the document carry the same meaning in the second paragraph. It leaves a giant hole in that second paragraph and would have everyone arguing over the origination of the rights of man. This is why the word creator was used in the document.

When one eliminates the word "Crerator" from the DOI, it implies that rights are not endowed by the creator, and that is simply wrong in the interpretation of the document.
A document has no feelings, sorry it can't be insulted.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Lies and Alinsky tactics of demonizing the opposition. Yawn..........

Words have meaning and accuracy is important. Consistant deviation from accuracy is not a coincidence, it is a pattern. All patterns originating with Obama the ideologue are worthy of inspection, including the repeated exclusions of the word "Creator" from The Declaration of Independence.
Well if words have meaning and accuracy is important why did the people who wrote these words

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
allow slavery when they created the Constitution of the United States?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"We can change our history" -Michelle Obama

Not that is perfect example person fueled by hatred taking a staement totally out of context to suite their own agenda.

How Conservative of you!

Old 10-22-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I read enough history in the 1940s and 1950s to be able to understand that revisionist historians had taken to writing in the 60s and 70s. Now some more of that type will continue to revise what was written that I studied and the young people of the future won't ever see what we did in my days in college.

You are wrong in thinking that atheists are the revisionists. They are just the ones who will be aiding the far left revisionists, and nothing more.
The biggest revisionist in America today are the Conservatives i.e. Glen Beck "Taking Back" the Civil Rights movement and the Texas Board of Education totally perverting history to suit their conservative social agenda.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Who cares, you guys?

Seriously. Cry me a river. He didn't mention your imaginary friend. Get over it.

Why let it go? It's just one more reason to hate President Obama.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:22 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,184,271 times
Jazzy you could have wrapped all those posts into one thread.
Well said though

Old 10-22-2010, 05:24 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,361,263 times
There's an easy fix for O's 'problem'....

He can make two speeches....

One speech for us DOI purists that includes 'by their creator'.

Another speech for the audience he's pandering votes from.

See?

All fixed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies