Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:53 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Misquoting is an accident.

Obama didn't paraphrase.

Obama didn't truncate.

Obama omitted, that's what he did.

In other words, none of your permissiveness even applies. So now what's your excuse?

Can he just re-write it? Is that ok? Sure seems that way.
Then I'm sure you're 100% behind the thought that our Pledge of Allegiance and our money should return to how they were before the word "god" was added to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Totally irrelevant and invalid excuses. All he has to do is read the words as written, or don't use them as an example for his audience. It's really that simple.
That Obama left out a word is totally irrelevant and invalid.

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Misquoting is an accident.

Obama didn't paraphrase.

Obama didn't truncate.

Obama omitted, that's what he did.

In other words, none of your permissiveness even applies. So now what's your excuse?

Can he just re-write it? Is that ok? Sure seems that way.
Oh for...... For....... Someone's sake!!!!

But for the sake of argument: Show me where OMITTING a word in the Declaration of Independence is against the law or unconstitutional?

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2010 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: personal attack

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You overdosed on Limbaugh! The paranoia is laughable!

Your ignorance of the DOI is pathetic. You stoop to insults because you can't argue the merits of the debate on the DOI....Shallow, vaccuous and embarrassing at the least. Carry on

Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post

But for the sake of argument: Show me where OMITTING a word in the Declaration of Independence is against the law or unconstitutional?

[MOD CUT].
The correct term to use is Anti-American. No man gives us our rights in this country and Obama needs to understand and echo that statement.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2010 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What I think is funny is that the Progressives here think that creator only means God and a Christian one at that. What is wrong with you people? I thought you were critical thinkers and highly intelligent? That statement couldn't be further from the truth in all honesty. A "creator" is any higher power that you believe in, whether it is religion or science. That is the point of that word being there. It drives home the fact that neither man nor government gives us those rights and neither man nor government can take them away. That is why it is important for him to recite those words. If you don't believe in a higher power and think humans are the be all end all of the highest power, I feel sorry for you.
Even you know better than what you just wrote!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:00 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post

[MOD CUT].
Who is arguing "constitutionality"? This omission is deliberate and the reason why is stated in my response above. No big deal. BO is merely showing his stripes. No big deal to those who worship at his feet but an insult to Thomas Jefferson and all those who signed the DOI.

So be it and take it for what it is here; a stupid political ploy to manipulate people minds when it comes to understanding the important elements in the DOI.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2010 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 10-20-2010, 10:02 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
The correct term to use is Anti-American. No man gives us our rights in this country and Obama needs to understand and echo that statement.
Actually, it was men that gave us our rights in this country. It's not like your invisible imaginary friend in the sky came down and handed us our Bill of Rights.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
What I think is funny is that the Progressives here think that creator only means God and a Christian one at that. What is wrong with you people? I thought you were critical thinkers and highly intelligent? That statement couldn't be further from the truth in all honesty. A "creator" is any higher power that you believe in, whether it is religion or science. That is the point of that word being there. It drives home the fact that neither man nor government gives us those rights and neither man nor government can take them away. That is why it is important for him to recite those words. If you don't believe in a higher power and think humans are the be all end all of the highest power, I feel sorry for you.
This all boils down to religion. That the founding fathers even referenced a creator was a mistake in my opinion. No mention of God should be allowed in a governmental document because that implies the government believes it exists. Our government has no official position on that issue. Your last statements certainly take a self-righteous holier-than-thou attitude. You even dictate what a creator is to the rest of us and take pity on us. Thanks, but I don't need pity. I need us to focus on real issues, not the sand in our swimsuits.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
This is so sad at how many people are making excuses for the changing of such an important document.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies