U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
 
768 posts, read 964,396 times
Reputation: 337

Advertisements

Many people believe that part of being a good moral person is to pay their taxes. I believe just the opposite and below I intend to prove it.


My reason's for avoiding taxation at every opportunity are twofold: First, it has never been shown, at least to my satisfaction, that I ever agreed to being taxed. Have you? When did we expressly agree to taxation. Some say it is because we have a social security number. But did we agree to be assigned a social security number? For natural born "citizens" of the US, our social security number was assigned when we were still wearing diapers because our parents "caved" to the demands of the state on our behalf. That hardly connotes expressed agreement on our part. Others say we tacitly agree to taxation by enjoying the benefits provided through taxation. This argument could be applied to local taxes perhaps because local taxes fund police and education. Highways are maintained through income generated through gasoline taxes, etc. But what benefit do we receive from the federal taxes? Well, maybe Wall Street does. Still others say that because we complete a W4 form when we are employed that we have agreed to be taxed. But at best this is coerced agreement, not a freely given consent. We all know that if we don't fill out a W4, we will not be employed. I contend that a coerced choice is no choice at all and is tantamount to a thief robbing you at gunpoint and telling you it's your money or your life. Sure you "give" him your money, but was it a free choice? The completion of a W4 is no different. You need to earn money to survive, but the only "legal" way to earn money is to complete the W4 and have taxes deducted from your earnings. Finally, many will argue that because all financial transactions are made with federal reserve notes, we are agreeing to taxation because we use "government money." But this ignores the fact that we are required to use it and that it is almost impossible to do otherwise. The fact is, most of us have NEVER freely and expressly agreed to taxation.

Having established that we have never freely and expressly agreed to taxation the obvious consequence is that we have also not been given a choice in the amount of taxes we are required to pay. The taxing authorities never confer with us first as to whether we can afford the taxes imposed. They seem oblivious to any hardship that the tax burden besets us with. Do they take into consideration that while we are sattled with the burden of increasing tax rates, we are at the same time encumbered by rising commodity costs as well; increases that are due in part to taxation on corporations and their unwillingness absorb the loss, but rather pass it onto stressed out and abused consumers? It's sickening that while most people are struggling to put food on the table, many corporations are reporting record profits.

So what it all boils down to is what many have suspected and were maligned for doing so. Taxation is theft, pure and simple. The benefits received from the taxes paid are minimal for the vast majority of us. Therefore, the tax burden, instead of making life better and easier for most, is in fact a major hindrance to survival. This makes it downright immoral. Therefore, tax resistance, evasion and avoidance become not a crime, but a moral imperative as well as an act of self preservation. Does anyone respect the person who does not defend or protect himself from harm? Does that person respect themselves? To refuse being taxed is to refuse victimization!

RIP Joe Stack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Status: "Trump: Comrade!" (set 12 days ago)
 
10,485 posts, read 6,181,899 times
Reputation: 7222
In prison, try to avoid having the lower bunk. It is my understanding that it is easier to be 'cornered' in the lower bunk than the upper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 32,325,675 times
Reputation: 11452
I don't pay taxes.

It is very legal.

I file each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:47 AM
 
1,009 posts, read 2,009,878 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
In prison, try to avoid having the lower bunk. It is my understanding that it is easier to be 'cornered' in the lower bunk than the upper.
Lol.

The OP is nonsense, of course. When you can find a nation in history that has managed to maintain sovereignty and stable borders without taxation of it's constituents, you let us know. When you can explain where else you would rather live in the world that allows citizens to "Opt-in" to taxation, let us know. Until then, I would keep your tax evasion on the down-low, if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:15 AM
 
768 posts, read 964,396 times
Reputation: 337
It's sad that there is so little self-respect among those posting on this thread. Such easy victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Washington, DC
3,845 posts, read 3,956,983 times
Reputation: 6489
Astonishing post... actually I never agreed that oxygen was required for life in the US. I'm pissed off that I need it, that I'm required to live above ground and out of water to survive!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Status: "Trump: Comrade!" (set 12 days ago)
 
10,485 posts, read 6,181,899 times
Reputation: 7222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
It's sad that there is so little self-respect among those posting on this thread. Such easy victims.

I have a job and plenty of self-respect.

I do not waste my time by trying to weasel out of taxes and other responsibilities by yapping about how I did not 'give my consent' upon being born.

Sit quietly (you obviously have plenty of time) and think about what society is, and how a country like this works.

Here is something to think about, to get you started: was the Constitution of the United States only applicable to those people alive at the time of its adoption, and so became irrelevant when the last living person (alive in 1787) died?

Anyway, when people say that something has not been proven 'to my satisfaction', it is my experience that they can never be convinced, since their minds are already made up.

Finally, to quote Scott Adams: when did ignorance become a point of view?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,698,629 times
Reputation: 3745
I personally think it's cute that the IRS believes it can enforce the taxation of physical commodities and bartering. Such adorable would-be tyrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:52 AM
 
768 posts, read 964,396 times
Reputation: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have a job and plenty of self-respect.

Ditto, but I also protect myself from victimization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I do not waste my time by trying to weasel out of taxes and other responsibilities by yapping about how I did not 'give my consent' upon being born.
So tell me, when did you freely, expressly and without any coercion give your consent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Sit quietly (you obviously have plenty of time) and think about what society is, and how a country like this works.
Are you saying that any means is justified to bring about an intended end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Here is something to think about, to get you started: was the Constitution of the United States only applicable to those people alive at the time of its adoption, and so became irrelevant when the last living person (alive in 1787) died?
Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Anyway, when people say that something has not been proven 'to my satisfaction', it is my experience that they can never be convinced, since their minds are already made up.
No, I was where you are on this issue for the vast majority of my life until I actually began to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Finally, to quote Scott Adams: when did ignorance become a point of view?
So when did it for you, legalsea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 PM
 
5,346 posts, read 3,362,918 times
Reputation: 545
I'm following the lead from George Bush... "God told me not to pay taxes"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top