Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:19 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,250 times

Advertisements

I guess we need to start watching the news for the other family members getting into the act.

George Soros has been married and divorced twice, to Annaliese Witschak, and to Susan Weber Soros. He has five children: Robert, Andrea, Jonathan (with his first wife, Annaliese); Alexander, Gregory (with his second wife, Susan). His elder brother, Paul Soros, a private investor and philanthropist, is a retired engineer, who headed Soros Associates, an international engineering firm based in New York, and established the Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for Young Americans.[12][13] George Soros' nephew Peter Soros, a son of Paul Soros, is married to the former Flora Fraser, a daughter of Lady Antonia Fraser and the late Sir Hugh Fraser, and a stepdaughter of the late 2005 Nobel Laureate Harold Pinter.[14]

George Soros - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't look now, here's one.

Led By George Soros' Son, Student Contributions Buoy Democrats in 2010 Midterm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 05:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
This is a non-issue, Media Matters is a 501(c)(3). It's a non-profit media watchdog.
The RELEVANT issue - It is a non-profit, just like the other organizations you rail against - the "media watchdog" is up for debate and is irrelevant.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM

19,008 posts, read 14,186,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many times did you say you have watched Beck the past 2 years?
I have him on PVR. And I have repeatedly emailed him (or his staff, who reads his emails), to correct his errors of fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would say not once since he has talked about some of this stuff. I knew all of it but didn't know it was against the law to talk about it. Maybe you need to watch Beck, now and then, and then get out the rest of your list for me so you can show me something I didn't know.
Since I never wrote that it was against the law, perhaps you have also accidentally assumed you saw something on Beck, that never was broadcast.

And, no, he has NOT mentioned any of the aforementioned points of fact.
  1. He has repeatedly confused a republic with a republican form. The People's Republic of China is a republic - but it is NOT a republican form.
  2. He routinely talks about the drop in dollar value, when in fact, no dollars have circulated since 1933. A Federal Reserve Note (aka "dollar bill") is NOT a dollar- by law. Don't believe me - go ask a sitting judge at your local county courthouse to rule that a dollar bill is a dollar. Enjoy his reaction.
  3. He talks about the public debt (or national debt) but fails to point out the fact that the debt, in dollars, can never be paid with dollar bills. Debt cannot pay debt. And one cannot question the validity of that insane debt pursuant to clause 4 of the 14th amendment.
  4. And despite his yeoman skills at denouncing the "progressives", he has yet to mention that since 1933, the U.S. government has operated under a STATE OF EMERGENCY - continuously. That's why Congress surrendered its constitutional War powers to the President - for the duration of the emergency.

And I can tell you didn't follow the links that expanded on the points of fact raised in the previous post.

Please do not take offense. But do go and prove me wrong.
Take some time and read the law, available in any county courthouse law library.
But I doubt that you will. Like Beck, and the Congress, few Americans bother to read the law.

================
Here's your first homework assignment in Debunking Beck 101

It's a common mistake to assume "republic" = "republican form".

REPUBLIC - A commonwealth; That form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. In another sense, it signifies the state, independent of its form of government.
Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 1302

A republic is not synonymous with a republican form of government. The People's Republic of China is a republic but not a republican form.

GOVERNMENT (Republican Form of Government)- One in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the people, either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whom those powers are specially delegated.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 695

DEMOCRACY - That form of government in which the sovereign power resides in and is exercised by the whole body of free citizens directly or indirectly through a system of representation, as distinguished from monarchy, aristocracy, or oligarchy."
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, P. 432

In the republican form, the people (individually) are the sovereigns.
In the democratic form, the citizens (collectively) are the sovereigns.

I realize that reading legalese can cause a headache, because lawyers (or liars) are experts at twisting words to hide meaning.

In Article 4, Section 4, USCON, Americans are promised a REPUBLICAN FORM.
And that means the PEOPLE (not citizens) are the sovereigns. (Citizens, by legal definition, are subjects. Sovereign people and subject citizens are mutually exclusive - and that is in the law!)

Restating: In the republican form, the people are the sovereigns, and may surrender that sovereignty in order to exercise political liberty (vote and hold office), stepping DOWN in status, and becoming obligated to perform civic duties (as subjects of government).

When Beck, et al, exhort you to VOTE, he's telling you to jump in the sinking Ship of State, as their subject citizen, instead of heading for dry land, and your heritage as one of the sovereign people, secure in your inalienable rights endowed by your Creator.

And you will never hear that on Beck, O'Reilly, or any other "wing" of the MSM. That is why I conclude that Beck (and other so-called "right wing" media mouths) is but a part of the same vulture feeding on us.

On the off chance he is editing his comments so as not to "confuse" the masses, that would seem to contradict his claim that he respects his audience, unlike the opposition. He says that "they" think we're a bunch of "Homer Simpsons", too stupid to take care of ourselves.

Believe what you wish about Glenn Beck. But do not be fooled - he's a stooge for "the power" just as much as those he denounces.

If you can find a law that refutes what I posted, and supports what Glenn has repeatedly said, let's see it.

Here are my References:
Coinage Act of 1792, et seq.
Title 12 USC Sec. 411
House Joint Resolution 192, June 1933
Amendment 14, Clause 4, USCON

Advanced Study - the State of Emergency
Emergency Powers Statutes, Senate Report SR 93-549, November 19, 1973
Senate Report 93-549 1973
Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.
These proclamations give force to 470 provisions of Federal law. These hundreds of statutes delegate to the President extraordinary powers, ordinarily exercised by the Congress, which affect the lives of American citizens in a host of all-encompassing manners.

A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the date of the report), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency.

------------------
Still "Believe" that Glenn is telling you the "whole truth"?
------------------
Do you really think that "voting" will affect anything?

Last edited by jetgraphics; 10-21-2010 at 05:23 PM..

Old 10-21-2010, 05:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
Here's the big difference J-man: Soros donates his money openly, the Koch brothers are secretive and sneaky about it. Who's more conspiratorial?
Since when do other people need to report to you how they spend their money? Just saying

Also how many times has soros donated that you havent heard about it? Do you think this is the 1st time.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:21 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times
Well....it looks like that million dollars is chump change compared to the $7 million Bob Perry, a Houston home builder, has given to his buddy Karl Rove's American Crossroads just since last month!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/22/us/politics/22perry.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

Old 10-22-2010, 06:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Soros should expose where the money is coming from from. Oh, he did!

Old 10-22-2010, 06:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I always knew Soros was a cheapskate. Only a million bucks. That is couch change at his level of the game.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:59 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,250 times
This creep has his dirty hands into way to much.

The Senator From Soros
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies