Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,883,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You people are just plain out crazy. He himself isn't selling this stuff, his sponsors are. All he is doing is making money from his sponsors just like everyone else does.
More indication of the mental disorder that is liberalism.

Sponsoring advertizers now become attempts of an entertainer to "make you buy". Do liberals really have so little self-control that they want to buy every item ever advertised? Or, are they just pathological liars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 02:31 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,836,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
There's nothing wrong with having emergency supplies on hand in case of a disaster. I guess the next Katrina we get some people might be prepared for it, instead of waiting for the government to come and help them and then criticizing everyone for how long the response time was.
Having been thru a few Hurricanes, I can assure you it is much more enjoyable to go out, just prior to the storm, collect the items you need while sharing the experience with others. Talking about how bad the last one was, etc. Great fun! But, I also do all my Xmas shopping on Xmas eve.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:45 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,438,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
More indication of the mental disorder that is liberalism.

Sponsoring advertizers now become attempts of an entertainer to "make you buy". Do liberals really have so little self-control that they want to buy every item ever advertised? Or, are they just pathological liars?
Pathological liars.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:50 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,533,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Any person that lives where hurricanes hits has one.

Heck I keep 2 liter coke bottles for hurricane season. I fill them with water and freeze them. They can stay frozen for over a week. Much better then making ice cubes

But I dont see the big deal. He made a commercial. Should we do away with all commercials?
Quote:
You people are just plain out crazy. He himself isn't selling this stuff, his sponsors are. All he is doing is making money from his sponsors just like everyone else does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
He sells that all the time LMAO , its who he is . I like him but he is odd . We are not all the same we all have quirks.

He seems to have a deep love of food.
I think the point is that he's a schemer and no one should listen to a word he says... He's in it for the money, not America.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:50 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,828,532 times
I don't need to "go buy" a kit - I already have my BUGout Bag ready

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,670,621 times
Quote:
Then cry to the government for help because you were unprepared. I could see it now. I bet if you were in LA during Katrina, you'd be one of the people on their roof with a giant help sign spelled out on the roof.
LOL...I'm all about personal responsibility, Sourpuss. I've never been caught flatfooted, and never will be. Besides, I'm not stupid enough to buy a house that's below sea level.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,828,532 times
Quote:
Then cry to the government for help because you were unprepared. I could see it now. I bet if you were in LA during Katrina, you'd be one of the people on their roof with a giant help sign spelled out on the roof.
I guess you MISSED the part where Merc said they were "ready to walk"............ The ones on the roofs in NOLA after Katrina weren't prepared to walk anywhere.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,782,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
I think the point is that he's a schemer and no one should listen to a word he says... He's in it for the money, not America.
so then if you were in becks place, you would turn down advertising dollars? i think not.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:56 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,836,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
I wish I would have thought of it, it's a great scam being emulated by several people now.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,009,626 times
If you thought Glenn Beck was nuts before ....

I always thought Glenn Beck was nuts

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-off-air.html;

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 122 32.62%
No 252 67.38%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies