Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
It didn't make any national news channel. It didn't make the cover of any magazines. It didn't make the rounds on talk shows. Yet the disgusting debacle of the stripper and the Duke LaCrosse players managed to get that kind of attention, because there was a mere chance that MAYBE some white boys had abused a black stripper prostitute. And here again, with this thread story, big news because it is "racially charged" which ALWAYS means a black victim and a white perp.

What happened to Christian/Newsome was an atrocity, yet it got no media coverage beyond local. It was a racist hate crime if ever there was one.
Lots of stories don't get the media attention that they deserve. It happens when victims are both black and white. I read this story before and what those people did was disgusting but why do you seem incapable of showing compassion for the woman who was beaten in this case? It's not like this has been plastered all over the news either.

When I was in college, there were several lynchings in the area, they never got national attention and were barely shown on the local news. If I were to bring up a story about a black person who was murdered by a white person in a thread about a black on white crime, all the while never mentioning that the black person was wrong for what they did, I would be accused of being racist and condoning the behavior of the black criminal. Just saying...

By the way, with regards to the Duke case, in case you haven't noticed, sex crimes, get a lot of attention. It wouldn't have mattered if the stripper was white or black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The trial of the Georgia redneck has started and this has all the racial drama that the Rodney King trial had. A redneck delivers a vicious beat down to a black woman in front of her young daughter at the local Cracker Barrel. He is charged with felonies and could do serious jail time if convicted. The trial started today with 9 whites and 3 blacks on the jury. One of the local black radio stations (WAOK) is broadcasting live from the courthouse. We already know what is going to happen if the redneck is convicted. But if he is found not guilty......???????

Cracker Barrel beating case goes before a jury *| ajc.com
By using the term redneck in such a derogatory way towards a white man you're no better than the guy himself.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Judge Judy says if you go looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it.
Which should mean Judge Judy won't press charges when she get the crack upside the head she deserves with her disrespectful attitude?

I don't know the details of this case but I sense both adults are guilty to one degree or another. Clearly the man raising this to physical assault is in the wrong to larger degree but there's a huge fill in the blank... whatever provocative posturing this woman did to escalate the situation isn't an example for her daughter anymore than this mans conduct is an example of manhood.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Lots of stories don't get the media attention that they deserve. It happens when victims are both black and white. I read this story before and what those people did was disgusting but why do you seem incapable of showing compassion for the woman who was beaten in this case? It's not like this has been plastered all over the news either.
I'm a female vet wondering why a female army reservist can't manage to fend for herself one on one. Seems her training is severely lacking.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post

When I was in college, there were several lynchings in the area, they never got national attention and were barely shown on the local news. If I were to bring up a story about a black person who was murdered by a white person in a thread about a black on white crime, all the while never mentioning that the black person was wrong for what they did, I would be accused of being racist and condoning the behavior of the black criminal. Just saying...

By the way, with regards to the Duke case, in case you haven't noticed, sex crimes, get a lot of attention. It wouldn't have mattered if the stripper was white or black.
You didn't read my first post in this thread. I do feel compassion for the victim and I hope the violent maniac gets real time (which it sounds like he will). I always feel compassion for the victims of violent crime, whether those victims are black, hispanic, foreign born, or white.

I just don't like it when the news media laps up white on black crime stories and ignores more aggregious ones that involve black perps. And btw, this WAS a SEX CRIME. What the maniac man did was awful, no doubt about it, but does it compare to gang raping a man and woman over several days, shooting and burning one of them, videotaping the gang rape of the woman and allowing neighbors to come in and out freely to watch her humiliation and torture, raping her with objects like a kitchen egg beater in addition to other objects, pouring cleaning solution and bleach down her throat, hog tying her, shooting her, then putting her in the garbage can while she was still alive and letting her ultimately die of hypothermia because it was wintertime?

I mean, come on, this crime is the worst thing I have EVER HEARD in my entire life -- but NO national news covered it, no 60 Minutes or Dateline, nothing. No Time magazine coverage. Nothing. No articles in the brainy Atlantic about the concept of black racism. Nope, nothing. This crime was unique in its barbarity. You cannot just dismiss it as one of a thousand crimes out there. If you don't know about it, you really need to go do some research. It is shocking.

The Medical Examiner who conducted the exam and wrote the report had a difficult time controlling her emotions on the stand and needed frequent breaks. She said it was the worst rape trauma she had ever seen. What kind of psycho animals would do such a thing? And yet, and yet, almost no one knows anything about this story. But if 5 WHITE thugs had done this to a BLACK COUPLE, we'd be hearing about it for the next fifty decades and it would probably go down in history books.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Judge Judy says if you go looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it.
Men should never put their hands on women in a fit of anger. Ever.

That's not a man.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Which should mean Judge Judy won't press charges when she get the crack upside the head she deserves with her disrespectful attitude?

I don't know the details of this case but I sense both adults are guilty to one degree or another. Clearly the man raising this to physical assault is in the wrong to larger degree but there's a huge fill in the blank... whatever provocative posturing this woman did to escalate the situation isn't an example for her daughter anymore than this mans conduct is an example of manhood.

Difference is, of course, that the man's behavior was criminal, and the woman's was not.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm a female vet wondering why a female army reservist can't manage to fend for herself one on one. Seems her training is severely lacking.
Is this a real post or are you just being disingenuous, or maybe intellectually dishonest?

He's a large male, she's a female.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
You didn't read my first post in this thread. I do feel compassion for the victim and I hope the violent maniac gets real time (which it sounds like he will). I always feel compassion for the victims of violent crime, whether those victims are black, hispanic, foreign born, or white.

I just don't like it when the news media laps up white on black crime stories and ignores more aggregious ones that involve black perps. And btw, this WAS a SEX CRIME. What the maniac man did was awful, no doubt about it, but does it compare to gang raping a man and woman over several days, shooting and burning one of them, videotaping the gang rape of the woman and allowing neighbors to come in and out freely to watch her humiliation and torture, raping her with objects like a kitchen egg beater in addition to other objects, pouring cleaning solution and bleach down her throat, hog tying her, shooting her, then putting her in the garbage can while she was still alive and letting her ultimately die of hypothermia because it was wintertime?

I mean, come on, this crime is the worst thing I have EVER HEARD in my entire life -- but NO national news covered it, no 60 Minutes or Dateline, nothing. No Time magazine coverage. Nothing. No articles in the brainy Atlantic about the concept of black racism. Nope, nothing. This crime was unique in its barbarity. You cannot just dismiss it as one of a thousand crimes out there. If you don't know about it, you really need to go do some research. It is shocking.

The Medical Examiner who conducted the exam and wrote the report had a difficult time controlling her emotions on the stand and needed frequent breaks. She said it was the worst rape trauma she had ever seen. What kind of psycho animals would do such a thing? And yet, and yet, almost no one knows anything about this story. But if 5 WHITE thugs had done this to a BLACK COUPLE, we'd be hearing about it for the next fifty decades and it would probably go down in history books.

Man. I guess the media, which are owned by blacks, are extremely biased against white victims of black crime.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Is this a real post or are you just being disingenuous, or maybe intellectually dishonest?

He's a large male, she's a female.
She's a soldier and you don't apparently have direct knowledge of what that means. Your ignorance does not equate to disingenuous or intellectual dishonesty on my part.

Again, is she qualified or not? Don't blame this on her being a helpless female BS. She had training or not? She's competent soldier or not? He should be missing a knee cap at very least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Man. I guess the media, which are owned by blacks, are extremely biased against white victims of black crime.
Speaking of disingenuous don't bother trolling around for sympathy for blacks if you're unwilling to recognize humanity as entirely colorless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies