U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:00 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,796,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Perhaps you should educate yourself. New Study
Take your own medicine. The day RTL manages to adopt out every unwanted child to competent parents they can talk but until that day comes the root causes of problems & mistreatment of children persists in fueling abortions. You've actively perpetuated dysfunction and believe yourselves to be holier than thou. It's all hogwash. This thread isn't about abortion. It's about lies people tell themselves and expect everyone else to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 05:20 PM

25,631 posts, read 30,280,913 times
No worse than the liberal bastards that put out this little beauty for
MoveOn's anti-Bush video contest. Sounds like a bunch of whiny assed liberals crying again. Poor Obama boo hoo hoo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkmP3wbynPU

Old 10-20-2010, 05:25 PM

18,970 posts, read 15,415,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
No worse than the liberal bastards that put out this little beauty for
MoveOn's anti-Bush video contest. Sounds like a bunch of whiny assed liberals crying again. Poor Obama boo hoo hoo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkmP3wbynPU
That ad never actually aired, this one is airing.....

Old 10-20-2010, 05:51 PM

25,631 posts, read 30,280,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That ad never actually aired, this one is airing.....
The article that the OP posted stated it was circulating on the Internet just like the one I posted. I found it faster than I could find the one about Obama. Maybe you should reread the article.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,175,538 times
I'm not rabidly pro-life, but I agree with the general message. It was powerful and no matter what side you fall on you have to admit that.

As for the disrespect for Obama.. I lived through too many Bush-Hitler comparisons to feel too bad for the guy. Plus his abortion votes in the Illionois senate are sick. No doubt about that.

When progressives starting comparing Bush to Hitler it set the precedent for absolute character assination of the other party's president. I doubt we'll ever have another president where hyperbole isn't in vogue.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,232,011 times
Are the things they mention true? well... if the shoe fits...

Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,068,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Take your own medicine. The day RTL manages to adopt out every unwanted child to competent parents they can talk but until that day comes the root causes of problems & mistreatment of children persists in fueling abortions. You've actively perpetuated dysfunction and believe yourselves to be holier than thou. It's all hogwash. This thread isn't about abortion. It's about lies people tell themselves and expect everyone else to believe.
The OP's ad was funded by a pro-life group. The subject matter was pro-life and therefore the expression of pro-life naturally includes the opposition to abortion. For this thread not to be about abortion you certainly had yourself a nice little rant didn't you?

My response was to the previous poster who expressed his/her disbelief about abortion being a billion dollar industry. If you are suggesting it is not please post links with such proof. Additionally, please list the lies in the OP's posted ad.

You did make me chuckle about placing the responsibility for all "unwanted children" on RTL. Be it abortion or adoption those who favor abortion are never willing to place the personal responsibility for the life created on those two adults who contributed to the actual procreation.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,068,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Sick indeed. Related article... Pennsylvania candidates for U.S. Senate have pushed the envelope with negative campaign ads | PennLive.com

So this is the purpose of tantrum tea & cowardly PAC's. Mud slinging contests to undermine elections & debase USA even further than they've done already. How anyone could take them seriously when fact checking proves them out as baldfaced liars. PolitiFact | 'Super PACs' and other groups have poor record for accuracy
Are you suggesting that the Democrat candidates are not slinging mud but are pristine and honest in the depiction of their opponents? Surely you jest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or