U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did NPR make a mistake by firing Juan Williams
yes 146 86.90%
no 17 10.12%
other 2 1.19%
not sure 3 1.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM

25,631 posts, read 30,318,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Moderates aren't addicted to Faux News. Otherwise, they are not real moderates.

And the main reason Faux is dominant in cable ratings is because they're the only channel that caters to wingnuts exclusively.
This post is a perfect encapsulation of the logic that is causing the Liberal Democrats to get their collective asses handed to them right now. Like I said keep it up. The more the better for 2012. One of the best things Obama could do for his Presidency and reelection for 2012 is hire Juan Williams as Press Secretary. Then hire as many moderates and libertarians as he can get his hands on.

That's OK though it won't happen. Like rats caught in a glue trap the more you struggle the more stuck you become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM

16,812 posts, read 11,753,580 times
Default the 'lap dog' claims another victim

Eric, 'the lap dog' Holder baited Juan Williams with his 'nation of cowards' speech on race and prejudice. It worked!

It's OK, tell me what's on your mind, don't be afraid, I won't hurt you......
Gotcha!

The news just ran JW's comments, the words perceived to be offensive by NPR... The subteranean threshold level the left has set for condemnation is beyond belief!

People with such a low level of tolerance, are living hundreds of light years away and on a different planet, from the public they pretend to serve.

It would be more palatable if NPR fired Juan for wearing an out of style tie.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:32 AM

7,526 posts, read 7,194,115 times
The hypersensitive PC crowd is coming out en force. Since when can a person not admit that they feel nervous when they see muslims on their flight? I think it's a natural response after having been attacked by muslims who flew planes into the twin towers and the pentagon on 9/11.

Heck, I worried about my son when he flew to Paris and London over the summer. I worried that his plane could be hijacked or used as a WMD. YES, the likelihood is extremely small and he has a higher chance of getting hit by lightening, but the worry was still there. Does that make me bigoted too? And if so, IDGAF. Obviously, I was not SO worried that I didn't let him fly, but to fire someone for stating they feel the same feelings that MANY OF US feel is just plain stupid.

Juan was probably the best guy on NPR, but I guess they just want to be a mouthpiece for their own hyper-liberal agenda and include no other voices/opinions. I hope the republicans defund that BS.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:33 AM

5,138 posts, read 7,206,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
True but most people don't know that the 9/11 terrorists were dressed like Westerners. Most peopel do know they wer emuslims.

SO it is still a perfectly understandable reaction.
One would expect Juan Williams to be of a little higher intellect than "most people." I just read someplace that being ignorant is the new American cool.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:34 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,463,056 times
Quote:
I've told the Faux News viewers for years here, that despite the way he's packaged at the GOP propaganda channel, Juan Williams is not a REAL liberal. He never has been.

It's good to see my opinion, and that of others who feel the same, has been confirmed..

I guess you think you have to be a REAL liberal to work for NPR???

Well, maybe you're right. I hope he sues.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 AM

25,631 posts, read 30,318,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
One would expect Juan Williams to be of a little higher intellect than "most people." I just read someplace that being ignorant is the new American cool.
As of January 20th 2009 it is cool. Or should that be FOOL?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Did we? Or, was this just a fabricated excuse?

The timing smells fishy given that George Soros has launched an all out attack on Fox News and since Juan is a Fox contributor. Is the firing of Juan Williams related to the $5 million dollars George Soros just gave to NPR?

Did George Soros in effect have Juan Williams fired? Is George Soros using his money to buy the media via tha back door in a battle to control the conversation in this country?

I didn't realize this. There's your answer. Thanks for pointing it out. Silencing the opposition.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:42 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,103,870 times
Default NPR's statement on the firing of Juan Williams

NPR Ends Juan Williams' Contract After Muslim Remarks : NPR

Old 10-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Check out all the Pubs standing up for their Faux News token "Democrat"

Juan isn't a snarky elitist. It doesn't bother you that a minority was fired for expressing his opinion while off duty? Or is NPR supposed to "own" him mind and spirit?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 AM

5,412 posts, read 3,457,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Juan isn't a snarky elitist. It doesn't bother you that a minority was fired for expressing his opinion while off duty? Or is NPR supposed to "own" him mind and spirit?
And the same leftists who were upset about Helen Thomas being fired by a private organzation, and not one that gets taxpayer funds, are happy about this. They'll cal lhim a bigot for saying he gets nervous, but it's fine for a woman to call for the ethnic cleansing of jews from israel to be sent to countries they're not from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies