Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did NPR make a mistake by firing Juan Williams
yes 146 86.90%
no 17 10.12%
other 2 1.19%
not sure 3 1.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:39 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,023,064 times

Advertisements

NPR rep, Schiller is now saying Williams should have reserved these comments for his "psychiatrist!!!" Guess they think anyone who doesn't think and speak like them is crazy and needs medical help...Unbelievable. This is supposed to be the press in the U.S.A.??? This is getting more outrageous by the minute.

Anybody else hear this, or am I hearing things and need to see a "psychiatrist" myself???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 01:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,894,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I wonder if "extreme" Muslims call themselves "extreme" or just "Muslim"?
IIRC on the Fort Hood jihadist Maj. Hassan's business card it identified him as a "SoA" Soldier of Allah.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:40 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,490,362 times
Where are the signs----O'REILLY IS RIGHT.

PC has jumped the shark. Williams was trying to say we over-react to our biases and gets fired. Point taken and shows he is right. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NPR is stupid.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,913,551 times
Sarah speaks in defense of Juan, who has been VERY tough on her in the past. But that shouldn't matter, what should matter is the ability to speak freely without the censorship the Left would like to impose on individuals in order to silence dissenting opinions and UN-PC-ness.

Juan Williams: Going Rogue | Facebook

Quote:
We have to have an honest discussion about the jihadist threat. Are we not allowed to say that Muslim terrorists have killed thousands of Americans and continue to plot the deaths of thousands more? Are we not allowed to say that there are Muslim states that aid and abet these fanatics? Are we not allowed to even debate the role that radical Islam plays in inciting this violence?
According to the Left and obama, the answer is NO.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,680,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Where are the signs----O'REILLY IS RIGHT.

PC has jumped the shark. Williams was trying to say we over-react to our biases and gets fired. Point taken and shows he is right. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NPR is stupid.
No, I think he was, as so eloquently stated here, trying to justify our biases. That goes directly to the heart of bigotry.

One Way To Recognize Bigotry - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,221,776 times
So when Obama said his grandmother was a typical white person for being nervous around blacks, you NPR-bashers all defended him, right?

Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,913,551 times
RealClearPolitics - Video - Juan Williams: NPR Fired Me For Making "Bigoted Statement"

Juan talks about the phone call he got.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._together.html

Even the nuts on the view disagree with NPR.

I think the consensus among the "sane" is that this was a very bad mistake on the part of NPR.

The fringe far Left, like Stink Progress, Media Matters, Moveon are again on the wrong side of the issue.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,235,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sarah speaks in defense of Juan, who has been VERY tough on her in the past. But that shouldn't matter, what should matter is the ability to speak freely without the censorship the Left would like to impose on individuals in order to silence dissenting opinions and UN-PC-ness.

Juan Williams: Going Rogue | Facebook

According to the Left and obama, the answer is NO.
Good thing is by their political correctness, and intolerance, they will alienate everyone but the extreme leftists who are in complete denial about reality. The left are shooting themselves in the foot.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:50 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,864,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So when Obama said his grandmother was a typical white person for being nervous around blacks, you NPR-bashers all defended him, right?

Guess he didn't lose his job...Chit!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:50 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,100,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Can we include militant New Black Panthers in dress carrying billy clubs outside a polling place?

I would be at first, but then I'd walk right past them daring one to swing on me.
You aren't being politically correct unless every time you say something like this you remember to say that not all black people are black panthers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies