U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did NPR make a mistake by firing Juan Williams
yes 146 86.90%
no 17 10.12%
other 2 1.19%
not sure 3 1.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,813,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can you explain what was bigoted in his remarks?

Are you trying to judge him? I don't know that I like you imposing your values like that! That's kind of bigoted!!!

There is nothing bigoted at all, with a remark that was sincere and honest, but come on now we all are use to this stuff now. Are we going to track down all the people i am on planes with who feel the exact same way, but don't share their thoughts as honest and sincere as he did. Infact some of the people i meet, say things that put what Juan did to shame, are you going to track them down, and fire them from their jobs, or make life miserable for them. Hey look, right or wrong he was sincere in telling his views and the truth, if the truth gets us in trouble, do we now surpress our feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,593,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Now you're putting words in my mouth? Typical teabagger/Pub trick.

My use of the word "token" Democrat in referring to Faux News is not just meant for Juan, it's meant for someone like Beckel or Caddell too.
Just watch---they will be fired next from any liberal place they may work.

Now any liberal that appears on FOX news has to be very careful. What is our country coming to? I thought only Communists regimes censor people's comments so much.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:53 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,458,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Good thing is by their political correctness, and intolerance, they will alienate everyone but the extreme leftists who are in complete denial about reality. The left are shooting themselves in the foot.

My thoughts exactly. Juan expressed his views in a rational way that could have brought more to the left. People like Maddow and Olberman just turn people off by spewing. Big mistake on their part. They should be outraged as well.

Shows how openminded they are.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 10-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,355,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So when Obama said his grandmother was a typical white person for being nervous around blacks, you NPR-bashers all defended him, right?
That's different. Obama isn't employed by Faux News.

If Juan Williams worked for MSNBC, you wouldn't hear a peep from all these good conservatives who have suddenly become concerned about censorship and rights..

Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,895,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
NPR rep, Schiller is now saying Williams should have reserved these comments for his "psychiatrist!!!" Guess they think anyone who doesn't think and speak like them is crazy and needs medical help...Unbelievable. This is supposed to be the press in the U.S.A.??? This is getting more outrageous by the minute.

Anybody else hear this, or am I hearing things and need to see a "psychiatrist" myself???

The deeper they dig their own grave, the faster their death will come at NPR

Old 10-21-2010, 01:55 PM

1,064 posts, read 885,683 times
Well, if there's any upside to this, it's that it occurred during NPR's fundraising week.

I suspect many will make their thoughts known with a firm closing of the wallet.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:56 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,054,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Just watch---they will be fired next from any liberal place they may work.

Now any liberal that appears on FOX news has to be very careful. What is our country coming to? I thought only Communists regimes censor people's comments so much.
Beckel will never be fired by any liberal group because of how he behaves on Fox. Caddell doesn't work for any liberals but he is detested by liberals all over the place. He was a Democrat at one time and lost his liberalness for some reason. I love to hear him cutting them to pieces.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 PM

22,354 posts, read 27,446,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
That's different. Obama isn't employed by Faux News.
You are correct... Obama does not work for MSNBC. (Although it seems like he does.)

Old 10-21-2010, 01:59 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,054,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Well, if there's any upside to this, it's that it occurred during NPR's fundraising week.

I suspect many will make their thoughts known with a firm closing of the wallet.
It will take a large group of suddenly snapping closed wallets to equal the $5million that Spooky Dude just gave NPR to get their support in killing off Beck and Fox.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:01 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,355,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Beckel will never be fired by any liberal group because of how he behaves on Fox. Caddell doesn't work for any liberals but he is detested by liberals all over the place. He was a Democrat at one time and lost his liberalness for some reason. I love to hear him cutting them to pieces.
Caddell not only isn't a liberal, he's not even a Democrat. He left the party around 20 years ago

Odd that Faux packages him as something he's not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies