U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did NPR make a mistake by firing Juan Williams
yes 146 86.90%
no 17 10.12%
other 2 1.19%
not sure 3 1.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 02:02 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Wow, listening to Juan's statements on FOX regarding his termination by NPR. Apparently NPR didn't even give Juan the courtesy of a face to face termination, they did it over the phone. Talk about low class. Way to set the bar NPR. How low can you go?
I heard Juan telling his side of this one but haven't yet heard the story as told by NPR and Spooky Dude who just, more or less, bought them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
NPR rep, Schiller is now saying Williams should have reserved these comments for his "psychiatrist!!!" Guess they think anyone who doesn't think and speak like them is crazy and needs medical help...Unbelievable. This is supposed to be the press in the U.S.A.??? This is getting more outrageous by the minute.

Anybody else hear this, or am I hearing things and need to see a "psychiatrist" myself???
Naw, neither you or Williams needs to see a psychiatrist although Spooky Dude and his new organization for running Beck and Fox out of business may need some help soon.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
IIRC on the Fort Hood jihadist Maj. Hassan's business card it identified him as a "SoA" Soldier of Allah.
I wonder how many people have forgotten this fact about that killer in the year since he played his terrorist game? I'll bet nearly every prog in the place has done just that

Old 10-21-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So when Obama said his grandmother was a typical white person for being nervous around blacks, you NPR-bashers all defended him, right?
I thought when he said that that it was one of his most racist statements from his early life. Not the only one but one of the worst. I didn't read the book but said back then that it was very racist.

1,476 posts, read 1,738,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Naw, neither you or Williams needs to see a psychiatrist although Spooky Dude and his new organization for running Beck and Fox out of business may need some help soon.
Whew! Good to know. I feared we all would start having to take those little pills handed out by Nurse Ratchet. It will, indeed be interesting to see how Spooky Dude reacts to all this backlash. Was it really not anticipated?

6,013 posts, read 6,903,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Most liberals are racist. It is just amusing when they reveal thier true sentiments.
Proof, but not any more racist than conservatives, no link needed for that

Old 10-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Caddell not only isn't a liberal, he's not even a Democrat. He left the party around 20 years ago

Odd that Faux packages him as something he's not...
Since you watch Fox all the time you evidently missed the intros of him where they call him a once Democrat. Hey, I was a Democrat for the first 21 years of my voting life but I finally saw the light and switched over 30 years ago, maybe nearly 40 years. I guess it is not PC for me to call myself a reformed Democrat, huh.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,462,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You are correct... Obama does not work for MSNBC. (Although it seems like he does.)

Or does MSNBC work for OBAMA???

Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,496,708 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwok...layer_embedded

Has anyone watched the full clip? I wonder if the Leftists at NPR have.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Whew! Good to know. I feared we all would start having to take those little pills handed out by Nurse Ratchet. It will, indeed be interesting to see how Spooky Dude reacts to all this backlash. Was it really not anticipated?
Beck knew he would push old Spooky Dude into doing something like this and I think that spurred him on. It is too bad that Williams, more or less, got caught up in it all but s**t happens.

Be sure to watch Beck in about 45 minutes as he will have more to say in his imitation of Spooky Dude and about Williams, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies