Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did NPR make a mistake by firing Juan Williams
yes 146 86.90%
no 17 10.12%
other 2 1.19%
not sure 3 1.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:22 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Now you're putting words in my mouth? Typical teabagger/Pub trick.

My use of the word "token" Democrat in referring to Faux News is not just meant for Juan, it's meant for someone like Beckel or Caddell too.

"Words in your mouth"? You are the one calling the guy a "token", not me. I am sure, that in private conversation, you let a few more choice "labels" fly. That is the sad thing about being a racist, these sentiments just seem to "pop up" and reveal one's true feelings. Don't worry- you are in good company. Most liberals are racist. It is just amusing when they reveal thier true sentiments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 08:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Then liberal radio and media wonders why no one wants to listen. There is no reason at all to listen to liberal commentators because what they are going to say, what they can say is already a given.

Liberal media might as well just bring in robots and program them carefully so they will never think on their own and only say the "correct thing". And they can sit there and repeat the same things over and over and over and wonder why Conservative media gets more listeners.

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
What so many people don't seem to realize is that broadcasters can and will fire anyone for making a comment they think will hurt their bottom line. It's about money, not "truth" or anything altruistic like that. Ol' Juan made a careless comment that his employer didn't like, and it got him fired. That's how the broadcasting cookie crumbles, baby. So what?
This cookie crumbled the day after the announcement of a large amount of Soros money being used to buy NPR. Spooky Dude has spoken.

7,211 posts, read 9,415,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So? The liberals must toe a very strict line. We all know they must march lockstep and never deviate in any way from the party line.

That's exactly why people are defending Williams on this. But we could have told him that he should have run by anything he might have said with the leaders of the far left before opening his mouth.
In not just this issue, I've seen the RWers here defend Juan on numerous occasions. Why?..Because he's a Faux News token "Democrat" and he consistently displays what those such as yourself would consider the proper deference to folks like Hume, Kristol, wheelchair boy and all the rest

Thing is, Faux News isn't fooling anybody but you and the rest of your ilk.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. I view Muslim attire the same way I view Nazi attire and KKK attire.

If Juan Williams said he got a little nervous when he sees men in white hoods and robes, it's absolutely no different than what he said about Muslim robles. Could a Jew today get by with saying they feel uncomfortable when people dress like German Nazi soldiers? The Muslims certainly don't like Jews any better than the Nazis.
I suspect if Juan said if when he boarded a plane and saw a group of tattooed white trash skinheads seated on the plane and stated that made him nervous then his opinion would have been viewed differently and non-bigoted? Please.

I think it is funny that the liberal slander slingers on CD labeling Juan a "bigot" are actually proving Bill O'Reilly right about the insanity of political correctness with the left. I'm not a Juan Williams fan, it makes my stomach turn to listen to him quite often; but, I'll defend anyone who I think is unjustly slandered. Maybe that is an important difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives are actually more fair minded, if CD is any indication.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 10-21-2010 at 08:44 AM..

Old 10-21-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
NPR depends on public donations. Most of NPR donors do not like bigotry.
But Spooky Dude doesn't mind a bit of bigotry if it will buy him a mouthpiece to use against Fox and he just unloaded a pile of money to NPR the day before Williams was fired. I guess money talks, no matter what it says.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,399,432 times
Quote:
You can try the lipstick on a pig approach all you like. Call yourself anything you wish, but I've read more than enough of your posts to make what I consider to be an informed opinion about your politics..

Heck, I can call myself a conservative...doesn't make it so.
Sure anyone can call themselves anything they want and you obviously have a label for yourself that you believe to be true. But even what you believe about yourself will be subject to other's opinions. Just remember, that your opinion is only relevant to you. It means nothing to the rest of humanity.

6,193 posts, read 5,359,165 times
Quote:
Heck, I can call myself a conservative...doesn't make it so.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Great logic.

O logic?

He was born a muslim, doesn't make him so. He was friends with communists and marxists in school, doesn't make him so. He sat in the pews at the Rev's church, but it doesn't make him so.

What made HIM what HE is?

Quote:
Check out all the Pubs standing up for their Faux News token "Democrat"
While we are checking out the lefty who doesn't know about the huge pile of Spooky Dude money that just went into the coffers of NPR.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,359,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
but spooky dude doesn't mind a bit of bigotry if it will buy him a mouthpiece to use against fox and he just unloaded a pile of money to npr the day before williams was fired. I guess money talks, no matter what it says.
ding ding ding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies