U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:10 AM

10,783 posts, read 11,825,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
With only 20% of Americans calling themselves liberal the TP has more clout, more members and more brains then the 20% left over anti Americans.

I am sure you can see the left wingers are scared to death they are going to lose some of their power real soon.

Notice they are down playing the loss of seats by now saying a major swing to the GOP will mean nothing.

Shows just how worried they are.

ONE single seat won by the GOP in either house is a HUGE WIN for the real Americans over the anti American left.
Sounds good, lets go back to those proven failed far right wing policies that go us in this mess in the first place. Let's take all that foreign campaign money from the communists and muslims and have a party! Send jobs over seas! Sounds like a good plan! If you support communists and muslims republicans are for you, or if they aren't extreme enough, the tea party evangelical fascists might be more your ticket

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2010 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 12:47 PM

22,798 posts, read 16,215,626 times
I think that everyone should have the representation they feel best serves their interests. That being said, I don't see how the TP candidates will have much more success moving their agenda forward should they get elected than anyone else has or does. The culture of DC is a slow-moving behemoth resistant to any change that threatens the status quo. Combine that with the fact that first-termers have virtually no power anyway and I expect that there will continue to be a lot of disappointed people sold on the idea of 'real' change that never comes.

Of course, if they are realistic and are content with incremental changes, like I am with the current president, then I guess the cup stays half-full

Old 10-21-2010, 12:49 PM

10,487 posts, read 6,184,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I think that everyone should have the representation they feel best serves their interests. That being said, I don't see how the TP candidates will have much more success moving their agenda forward should they get elected than anyone else has or does. The culture of DC is a slow-moving behemoth resistant to any change that threatens the status quo. Combine that with the fact that first-termers have virtually no power anyway and I expect that there will continue to be a lot of disappointed people sold on the idea of 'real' change that never comes.

Of course, if they are realistic and are content with incremental changes, like I am with the current president, then I guess the cup stays half-full

Good points. 'slow moving behemoth' indeed!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:04 PM

10,115 posts, read 6,980,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

The tea party won't move their agenda at all, and they won't have any power--the nonconservative republican party faithfuls and leadership (THEY will be the committee chairs and the majority of the party if the R's take the House) will make sure of that. This entire election is about the neocon republicans using the tea party anger to propel themselves back into power so they can do the same old stuff they did under the Bush Administration. Their contract with American, and Contract for America (the old R plan during the Clinton years, and the new R plan now) are identical--they are word for word the same. There will be no change, no tea party revolution. You've been duped people--they've been using people like you all along--ever since Reagan reached out to the social conservatives to help win his race. Don't you ever learn?

Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 PM

10,115 posts, read 6,980,852 times
Quote:
Notice they are down playing the loss of seats by now saying a major swing to the GOP will mean nothing.
A major swing to the GOP would mean the GOP taking both the House and the Senate by a large majority--ain't going to happen. What I think you WILL see is one party gaining or maintaining a majority in the House and the Senate by a very small margin. You're not going to see a mandate for either side. The country is still split pretty much 50/50 over the Dems and the R's. That's not downplaying anything--that's being realistic with the numbers.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:12 PM

8,592 posts, read 8,506,762 times
The only change will come if those elected have the courage of thier convictions and make things happen ( the dems didn't). Even if they do, I don't think my fellow Americans have the courage or staminia to allow that to happen.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:19 PM

7,090 posts, read 10,746,835 times
Count me down for that, they will bring real change.

The US will go from economic recession in recovery, to completely and utterly screwed.

It said change in how government operates, not to make government or the economy better for anyone.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:23 PM

6,013 posts, read 6,910,539 times
Quote:
The left wingers are worried because they know there are more TP members then there are liberals left in America.

links and facts please. ill give you a fact that the tea party patriots a faction of the tea party is ran by bigots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies