U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:11 AM

22,243 posts, read 15,267,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Let's see here: Looking at the date on cell phone.....ok- as I thought... It's October 21, 2010.

So.....posting things that happened on 1/1/10 is talking about what's coming next
Sorry, mistyped. The dates are 2011. I corrected the post. Thanks for pointing that out, I attempt to not make such mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 09:14 AM

2,086 posts, read 2,166,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I presume that means now you have no insurance and in 2013 you will have to purchase some. We will thank Obamacare for not having to pay for your care.
You wish! We have the best health insurance. AND it's free, becuase the employer pays for it as one of it's many benefits to it's employees. But it, like many other companies, are being forced by Obama to drop their employees health care. But this is what you liberals want, isn't it.
As usual, you presume wrong. I wouldn't keep that up if I were you. It doesn't make you look so good....

Old 10-21-2010, 09:14 AM

10,032 posts, read 7,107,534 times
Quote:
Sorry, mistyped, those are 2011 dates.

Fair enough. However, the question has and will remain to be:

What's behind curtain number 2?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:17 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,794,395 times
Quote:
Get a grip on rising health care costs - Oct. 20, 2010

Obamacare: The gift that keeps on giving. I can't wait to see what's next!
Can anyone give me a year that the cost of healthcare went DOWN?
I've been working for a long time and have never seen that happen.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:18 AM

10,032 posts, read 7,107,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
You wish! We have the best health insurance. AND it's free, becuase the employer pays for it as one of it's many benefits to it's employees. But it, like many other companies, are being forced by Obama to drop their employees health care. But this is what you liberals want, isn't it.
As usual, you presume wrong. I wouldn't keep that up if I were you. It doesn't make you look so good....

Now you will pay 100% of your premiums as well ass 100% of Johnny crack head's premiums. Meanwhile, Johnny spends his days sitting on the couch smoking crack and occasionally venturing down to the local social services office to see if there are any further entitlements that he's missing the boat on. Isn't that special?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Fair enough. However, the question has and will remain to be:

What's behind curtain number 2?
2012 and several more good things, then 2013, 2014, ... you get the point. It's 2014, where you will likely see the individuals portion of the premiums going down. Until then, they will go up, just as they have to several decades.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Now you will pay 100% of your premiums as well ass 100% of Johnny crack head's premiums. Meanwhile, Johnny spends his days sitting on the couch smoking crack and occasionally venturing down to the local social services office to see if there are any further entitlements that he's missing the boat on. Isn't that special?
Johnny crack head's, crack head's girlfriend and children. Not to mention, all the illegals.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
It is undoubtedly true there are employers taking this opportunity to drop their benefits, but there is little, if anything in the law that is forcing them to do that. What is driving that, is the desire to lower the costs of doing business, and using the new law as an excuse to their employees, rather than telling their employees the truth, they just want to increase profits. In fact there are things that would encourage employers to provide coverage in the Law but they may not trump the profit incentive. Particularly when they have employees so willing to believe the excuse.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 AM

6,226 posts, read 6,823,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Rising costs - a direct result of obamacare.
Costs were rising substantially for years, every year. What I see is the for profit money grubbing insurance lobby fooled the Obama admin. "Hey pres, just force those dumb sucker americans into our insurance plans and everything will be right with the world (and our profits). Wrong..........With or without Obamacare the rates were going to skyrocket anyway because they can.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
It is undoubtedly true there are employers taking this opportunity to drop their benefits, but there is little, if anything in the law that is forcing them to do that. What is driving that, is the desire to lower the costs of doing business, and using the new law as an excuse to their employees, rather than telling their employees the truth, they just want to increase profits. In fact there are things that would encourage employers to provide coverage in the Law but they may not trump the profit incentive. Particularly when they have employees so willing to believe the excuse.
There is no law, at least not yet. But this is not because they want to do this, they have no choice. Why would they pay for their employees for so long, if they could have been having them pay at least part of it? They could charge us now, but they are waiting until Obamcare is getting ready to kick in. That is the only reason why they are doing this. The great benefits are the # 1 reason why people work at most companies. Take that away, and they are really no better than anyother company. No one will reall want to work there anymore.
Obamacare hurts everyone. Everyone that actually works for a living, or has their own campany, that is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or