Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Tax cheats, bad. Tax evaders, bad. Provide the proof and file the complaints.

Now, back to the topic of this thread, do you think the Tea Party organizations are bad for corruption of the election process? Does our great country have to go through another Watergate Hearing because politicians are elected based on campaign cheating?
There's no need for a Watergate type Hearing and a waste of tax payer dollars. The Supreme Court ruling makes it perfectly legal for companies to donate to political campaigns of either party, anonymously.

Every one knows the Tea Party candidates are Republicans. Lack of disclosure should be your first clue If folks want to vote for them - let them. But, if they
are actually expecting to see changes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 10:13 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,592,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
There's no need for a Watergate Hearings and a waste of tax payer dollars. The Supreme Court ruling makes it perfectly legal for companies to donate to political campaigns of either party, anonymously.

Every one knows the Tea Party candidates are Republicans. Lack of disclosure should be your first clue If folks want to vote for them - let them. But, if they
are actually expecting to see changes
The Tea Party organizations are raising money illegally for election campaigning by doing it under wrong IRS tax status of 501(c)(4).
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/i...d=63&Itemid=61
Oct 5, 2010 -- IRS Urged to Review Crossroads GPS Tax Status: 501(c)(4) Status Questioned for Anonymously Funded Attack Ad Vehicle

Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,379,683 times
Quote:
All corruption is bad. At least post supporting evidence to validate your claims. I was teenager, remember Nixon resignation very well. It dealt with illegal campaign activities, and yes, this Tea Party illegal campaign activity is worse and far more widespread by its supporting organizations. Tea Party campaign orgs. violate FEC and IRS, possibly DOJ too. This could eventually lead to multiple resignations if Tea Party candidates "win" .
This post is hilarious. The first sentence asks for supporting evidence to validate claims. Then it goes on to indict the TP with no supporting evidence of any Judicial convictions to support the specious claims. I guess only one side need to prove their case around here????

FYI the Watergate Scandal involved a break in at the Watergate Headquaters for the DNC. It was the coverup that brought Nixon's resignation, not the break in. I Yi Yi...

Old 10-21-2010, 10:20 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,605,651 times
Quote:
I lived through Watergate, remember clearly the day Nixon resigned over it. But the lessons learned back then are being repeated again by the current conservative campaigns.

Democratic leader says GOP campaign cash threatens Watergate reforms - CSMonitor.com

Democratic leader says GOP campaign cash threatens Watergate reforms

By Dave Cook, staff writer / October 14, 2010
Washington "In the 2010 election, the Republican Party is relying on anonymous campaign donations in a “concerted effort†to reverse Watergate-era election reforms, Democratic Party Chairman Tim Kaine said..."
How much foreign money do you think president skippy received from contributions funneled through moveon.org?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,415,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
He's a foreign national. He wasn't born here is what I meant.
Murdoch wasn't born here either. Are you going to stop viewing any media outlet that News Corp. owns?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
This post is hilarious. In the first sentence asks for supporting evidence to validate claims. Then it goes on to indict the TP with no supporting evidence of any Judicial convictions to support the specious claims. I guess only one side need to prove their case around here????

FYI the Watergate Scandal involved a break in at the Watergate Headquaters for the DNC. It was the coverup that brought Nixon's resignation, not the break in. I Yi Yi...
Yes, Watergate coverup brought Nixon's downfall, illegal activity put Watergate criminals in Club Fed for awhile. If TP candidates do not stop utilizing illegal campaign financing by supporting orgs., what will happen to them?
There are no judicial convictions of TP , yet. Plenty of supporting evidence though within complaints already filed with FEC, IRS and DOJ. I have posted them on other threads dealing with specific TP organizations. Will post here on this thread too.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
I lived through Watergate, remember clearly the day Nixon resigned over it. But the lessons learned back then are being repeated again by the current conservative campaigns.

Democratic leader says GOP campaign cash threatens Watergate reforms - CSMonitor.com

Democratic leader says GOP campaign cash threatens Watergate reforms

By Dave Cook, staff writer / October 14, 2010
Washington "In the 2010 election, the Republican Party is relying on anonymous campaign donations in a “concerted effort” to reverse Watergate-era election reforms, Democratic Party Chairman Tim Kaine said..."
Hey there! How much campaign cash did Barack Obama raise for his presidential campaign? I'll bet is was more then a half a billion dollars.

azcentral.com blogs - McCain Central - DanNowicki - No public financing for Obama (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanNowicki/26031 - broken link)

0bama become the first presidential candidate since 1972 to rely solely on private donations for his general election campaign, by opting out of the system of public financing and spending limits, he rendered one of the more successful Watergate-era reforms ineffective. But I suspect you were never troubled by any of this during the presidential campaign.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
The Tea Party organizations are raising money illegally for election campaigning by doing it under wrong tax status of 501(c)(4).
10-5-2010 -- IRS Urged to Review Crossroads GPS Tax Status: 501(c)(4) Status Questioned for Anonymously Funded Attack Ad Vehicle
Oct 5, 2010 -- IRS Urged to Review Crossroads GPS Tax Status: 501(c)(4) Status Questioned for Anonymously Funded Attack Ad Vehicle
Then if that's known - I guess fine them.
I'm no fan of the IRS or tax codes.
If the Tea Party ran on the platform of repealing the
16th amendment I'd vote for them, but they are
running on absolutely nothing concrete. They are
sincerely insincere

But your right, any thing with Carl Rove's name associated
with it must smell pretty bad

Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Then if that's known - I guess fine them.
I'm no fan of the IRS or tax codes.
If the Tea Party ran on the platform of repealing the
16th amendment I'd vote for them, but they are
running on absolutely nothing concrete. They are
sincerely insincere

But your right, any thing with Carl Rove's name associated
with it must smell pretty bad
Karl Rove is behind multi-million dollar campaign finance scams called American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS, in violation of IRS and FEC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_762929.html

'..."I write to urge the Internal Revenue Service to examine the purpose and primary activities of several 501 (c)(4) organizations that appear to be in violation of the law," reads Durbin's letter to IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman, as reprinted by CQ's "The Eye" blog...'

Last edited by aspiesmom; 10-21-2010 at 10:40 AM..

Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
All corruption is bad. At least post supporting evidence to validate your claims. I was teenager, remember Nixon resignation very well. It dealt with illegal campaign activities, and yes, this Tea Party illegal campaign activity is worse and far more widespread by its supporting organizations. Tea Party campaign orgs. violate FEC and IRS, possibly DOJ too. This could eventually lead to multiple resignations if Tea Party candidates "win" .
wrong

it had nothing to do with donations..it had to do with a coverup of a break-in

nixon was covering up, because he was afraid the liberals had something on him..many suspect something about the warren commission..

the liberals of today are the more corupt party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies