Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 02:09 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,600,467 times

Advertisements

The NAACP just lost whatever small bit of credibility it had left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 02:11 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
It's halloween. People put up gory displays in their yard.

he's got a hanged man in the yard. Where do they make the correlation between racism and hanged hooded man in his yard?

Old 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,857 times
Non-story. Every year the racist organization known as the NAACP recycles the same old boring cries of racism whenever somebody hangs a ghost or monster from their tree during Halloween, misrepresenting it as being similar "lynching" and therefore it's offensive and must be taken down.

And people wonder why our society is falling apart. Why do we continue to allow the media to 'report' on such vacuous things but ignore the real issues that affect all Americans?

People need to wake up.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:13 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It's interesting that some seem to know what is in the hearts and minds of others. I guess some just want to see racism alive and well here so they must create the image of racism. Without racism what is the purpose of the NAACP?

Do black people have black skeletons?
ROFL they'll deny it!!! Gotta hate white!! They'll insist they don't bleed red just because they don't want anything in common with white folks.

Oy vey what a nut job notion of equality they've got going on in their heads! Too bad the NAACP doesn't get into this century with a colorless philosophy/ name.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:13 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It's interesting that some seem to know what is in the hearts and minds of others. I guess some just want to see racism alive and well here so they must create the image of racism. Without racism what is the purpose of the NAACP?

Do black people have black skeletons?
too bad there is though, even if i was no racism they still be relevant to a degree

Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
So, the city asked him to take it down, even though it is obviously not done with ill-intent, but THIS is an example of free expression???

Display Stirs Controversy In Land Park - News Story - KCRA Sacramento (http://www.kcra.com/r/4180042/detail.html - broken link)
I'm saddened by this disrespect of military. I think it's in poor taste and wish he'd exercise his right to free speech more responsibly in appropriate venues. Adults really do ruin holidays for kids with their own petty antics. What a shame.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:25 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - One yard full of Halloween horrors is causing quite a stir for some folks in Illinois.

Josh Witkowski is the man who created the frightful scene on his Springfield yard.

Halloween Display Called Racist; NAACP Wants it Removed

I wonder why Fox didn't title it "White Neighbors Want It Removed."

The video report interviews two white people who object to it, one saying it "crosses the line" and another saying she'd go take it down herself if she had to live across from it. It doesn't interview any NAACP representative, nor does it quote any or have a statement from the NAACP.

The article says, "A handful of neighbors, passers-by's, even the NAACP say Witkowski's festive front yard has to go."

So, "even the NAACP" objects, along with neighbors, and how does Fox choose to title the story?

I'm not offended by the man's display, but I don't live there. I am offended by Fox's never-ending baiting with sensationalist headlines that cause people like the OP to fall victim to their prejudices.

UPDATE: some of the people who have called the city government to complain have been people upset because they knew people who committed suicide by hanging.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/regional/...-causes-uproar

Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Somebody should ask the NAACP how it feels to want. After that they should tell them to go defecate in their hat.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:30 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Next they will be complaining about the type of candy he gives out on Halloween...
they'll be protesting the unequal representation of black licorice in the kiddies' bags

Old 10-21-2010, 02:34 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
So, the city asked him to take it down, even though it is obviously not done with ill-intent, but THIS is an example of free expression???

Display Stirs Controversy In Land Park - News Story - KCRA Sacramento (http://www.kcra.com/r/4180042/detail.html - broken link)

Great article. I have a daughter in the military that fights for his right to put up that display. Funny though that they will hang in effigy those that are following the orders of the commander in chief. No matter...it's a kids holiday...some kids just never grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies