Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 03:50 PM

362 posts, read 774,596 times

Advertisements

......always tell people that jobs are lost and to vote for the politician who will get them a job because we've all lost our jobs, YET they have a job on the radio. I'm sure they make their fair share of wealth. My thing is "just leave the so-called"Sheeple" alone to fend for themselves, unless you want them to depend on your drivel" to which most of them do. Every five minutes Mr. Savage talks about his TUP book, then you have Glen Beck and his nonsense promoting saving up for food, while he dines on Caviar and Drinks champaign while suffering from Sarcoidosis(the symptoms are the tell-tale that nobody talks about)...and my favorite, Rush, with his lies. the ones that get me the most are the Local ones who keep talking about how the Dems are going to bring this economy down, yet they don't talk about how they're about to get laid off.

Why rely on a politician on finding you a job? unless you can't find one on your own, and please don't give me that "there are no jobs out there" when there are, you just aren't putting in your share of the effort, yet want the government to help you get one, sounds like a social call to me. So what if my taxes go up, I'm happy becuase I can find away to raise my income, unlike most people who prefer to be complacent and complaint all day about their taxes going up. Just move already, move out of your state if you think your taxes are so high, DAMN!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Nobody is asking politicians to provide jobs.
They're asking them to create an economic environment that nurtures job creation and long-term economic growth.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM

103 posts, read 95,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
......always tell people that jobs are lost and to vote for the politician who will get them a job because we've all lost our jobs, YET they have a job on the radio. I'm sure they make their fair share of wealth. My thing is "just leave the so-called"Sheeple" alone to fend for themselves, unless you want them to depend on your drivel" to which most of them do. Every five minutes Mr. Savage talks about his TUP book, then you have Glen Beck and his nonsense promoting saving up for food, while he dines on Caviar and Drinks champaign while suffering from Sarcoidosis(the symptoms are the tell-tale that nobody talks about)...and my favorite, Rush, with his lies. the ones that get me the most are the Local ones who keep talking about how the Dems are going to bring this economy down, yet they don't talk about how they're about to get laid off.

Why rely on a politician on finding you a job? unless you can't find one on your own, and please don't give me that "there are no jobs out there" when there are, you just aren't putting in your share of the effort, yet want the government to help you get one, sounds like a social call to me. So what if my taxes go up, I'm happy becuase I can find away to raise my income, unlike most people who prefer to be complacent and complaint all day about their taxes going up. Just move already, move out of your state if you think your taxes are so high, DAMN!!!
Rush is a bastion of truth and enlightenment.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Wow, how timely.

From a year ago............

Rush Limbaugh To New York: Drop Dead

"Well, I announced that I was officially vacating New York after these stupid, punitive, massive tax increases, and basically I go to New York now for hurricane relief, whenever a hurricane hits. No other reason to go there."

Old 10-21-2010, 05:13 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMcElwee View Post
Rush is a bastion of truth and enlightenment.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyooooooooowwwwwwwwww!
rush for prez.
If people listen long enough to something, the same drumbeat, they themselves begin to exhibit monotone traits.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:17 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
Exclamation Get A Job Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAoXw_DqvM

Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Nobody is asking politicians to provide jobs.
They're asking them to create an economic environment that nurtures job creation and long-term economic growth.
Oh Ho, and 8 years of GW Idiot really did that didn't it. The republicans are still promoting the same old same old, thinking there will be a different outcome this time. That defines "Insanity". Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. LOL.

When are the American people going to wake up to the fact the the GOP does not care one iota about the life of your average American. Not the poor or the middle class or even the well off. They represent the top 1% and them alone. Read some history for heavens sake. They have been against every single social reform ever introduced. Even civil rights they were dead against. They are like the guy that ate the golden goose.They are so small minded and mean that they think that any social progress in the country is going to take money out of their friends well stuffed pockets. Forget, that it might make a better country, No way do they care if it lifts people out of poverty, They care less if the country becomes more humane and moves toward a more just society. Meanwhile the country continues to swirl down the drain. And as it does they move their money and their jobs to China or India. Traitors!, the whole bunch of them!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Oh Ho, and 8 years of GW Idiot really did that didn't it. The republicans are still promoting the same old same old, thinking there will be a different outcome this time. That defines "Insanity". Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. LOL.
What are you talking about ? The GOP hasn't been in power since January 2007.
The economy was pretty good for the most part during Bush's presidency.
Now, tell me which of GWB's policies caused the housing bubble?

Old 10-21-2010, 07:47 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
What are you talking about ? The GOP hasn't been in power since January 2007.
The economy was pretty good for the most part during Bush's presidency.
Now, tell me which of GWB's policies caused the housing bubble?
Well, where do I start? Firstly GWB's fouled up both by commission and ommission. The GOP hates regulations and under GWB's watch the banking regulations that were there, were not being enforced and the lack of regulations were allowing the banks to almost wreck the world's economy. We have no housing bubble in Canada and the banks here are in great shape. How is that possible when the world's economy is going down the tubes? Well, the Canadian government does not allow the banks to do what they did in the USA. It's that simple.

GWB reduced taxes while increasing spending to a then all time high. But then, that is what conservatives almost always do. RR, GB the first and then GWB. They all did the same thing. While our liberal Canadian government had budget surpluses for 11 years in a row, what was happening in the USA? Deficits, big ones.

GWB started what was probably the worst war in USA history. Just complete nonsense. How many trillions of dollars do you think that cost the American taxpayers? Do you think that spending has no effect on the condition of the country?

GWB grew the Federal government and created another huge department. The department of homeland security. You have now how many departments looking after that file? The FBI, the CIA, NSA, ATF through the treasury dept, The state dept. spooks and on and on.

The continual errosion of American industrial capacity. The offshoreing of millions of American jobs to the developing world??? Why do you think that about half of the increase in the USA GDP during GWB's watch was in flim flam credit default swaps, derivatives and other worthless paper. The banks tricked the world into believing this crap had value and of course the GWB administration was complicit in the whole scam being the "Watchdog" over the financial institutions.

The saddest thing of all is that GWB was probably better than anybody the GOP presently has and what are they going to do in 2 years. The present line up of contenders is truly frightening. Can you imagine a "I can see Russia from my house" Sara Palin as the POTUS?

What can you think of a political party that actually considers what someone like Rush has to say???? All I can think of that is a party that is totally bankrupt of any ideas any morality any standards any platform and any truth at all. Fox news as a political force in the USA?? I really don't think it's possible to sink any lower than that.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Can you imagine a "I can see Russia from my house" Sara Palin as the POTUS?
Well, that line ruins all credibility of your entire post. She never said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies