U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:48 PM

29,546 posts, read 16,487,525 times

Advertisements

SafeLink Wireless is a government supported programthat provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers. Learn More (https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/program_info.aspx - broken link)

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/Home.aspx

I guess the next thing will be Obama i-phones, LED TVs and new cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM

25,881 posts, read 39,160,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
SafeLink Wireless is a government supported programthat provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers. Learn More (https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/program_info.aspx - broken link)

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/Home.aspx

Sorry for pushing this thread further up......it should not be mentioned...all these freebies that the rest of us can fork over.

Isn't it that people work for stuff and than are happy to enjoy the use...That is how we teach our kids...work and you get to enjoy the stuff and you have more respect for the stuff since you worked hard for it...but with Obama it is spread the wealth around...so just look at the lines at the foodbank...people come driving up in nice cars, are on the phone while in line to get free food, something is wrong with that....sorry i know not all people at the foodbank are like that, but there are too many like that when I drive by.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 PM

7,178 posts, read 6,469,711 times
this is why we are voting yes in Co to stop these taxes on our paid services so the welfare and illigal crowd get them free on our dime.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:59 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,664,473 times
I knew this would show up here sooner or later. I got it via e-mail and have been just waiting for someone to believe it and bring it to CD.

Click on the link provided. Move your cursor over the "learn" tab at the upper left. When the drop-down box appears, click on "about lifeline."

Read what comes up, then get back to me.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM

29,745 posts, read 16,439,768 times
The Obama Phone? | FactCheck.org

Old 10-25-2010, 06:04 PM

783 posts, read 1,937,047 times
Yeah it seems the OP didnt even bother to read the info he linked.

LIFELINE/SAFELINK FACT SHEET

There is no "Obama phone" or other newly created federal program to provide free cell phones. As you may know, this is a myth that is now circulating on the Web via email and blog sites. It has been thoroughly debunked by independent groups. (See for example: FactCheck.org at The Obama Phone? | FactCheck.org, which notes: "Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it."

Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 PM

29,745 posts, read 16,439,768 times
With the current administration and legislature this sort of thing doesn't seem so far fetched,so it's easy to get fooled.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:10 PM

12,358 posts, read 7,748,183 times
The "free phone" program has been around for a decade. So maybe you should re-title your thread, OP.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,747,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Never mind the facts, they're boring.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 PM

2,041 posts, read 3,218,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
Yeah it seems the OP didnt even bother to read the info he linked.

LIFELINE/SAFELINK FACT SHEET

There is no "Obama phone" or other newly created federal program to provide free cell phones. As you may know, this is a myth that is now circulating on the Web via email and blog sites. It has been thoroughly debunked by independent groups. (See for example: FactCheck.org at The Obama Phone? | FactCheck.org, which notes: "Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it."

Technically there is no "Obama Phone" but there is a government supported program from Safelink Wireless.

Quote:
SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program
that provides a free cell phone and airtime each
month for income-eligible customers.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/home.aspx

Quote:
“SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program 
that provides a free cell phone and airtime each
 month for income-eligible customers.”

“Lifeline Assistance is part of a program that was created by the government to provide discounted or free telephone service to income-eligible consumers. To help bring you this important benefit, SafeLink Wireless is proud to offer Lifeline Service. Through our Lifeline Service you will receive FREE cellular service, a FREE cell phone, and FREE Minutes every month! SafeLink Wireless Service does not cost anything – there are no contracts, no recurring fees and no monthly charges.”

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/cell-ph...-homeless-scam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies