Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
Your hatred of our President is dripping down the monitor of my computer. Ugh!
I can't rep you now sorry. I think if the President said BOO they would have a turn and twist that would be equally nauseating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 PM

379 posts, read 211,453 times
Seems to me that this level of consistent, committed, unwavering, non-stop hatred could only be "bought and paid for" with good old fashioned money. LOL

Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Republicans are quite the sensitive bunch.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
I can't rep you now sorry. I think if the President said BOO they would have a turn and twist that would be equally nauseating.
But the President didn't say BOO. He said 'enemies'.

And Sanrene and many others (including myself) were correct to be upset about that.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_sucks View Post
republicans are quite the sensitive bunch.
lol.......indeed they are. Who would have thought a word like "enemies" would cause them to come unglued? Ahhhhh, the things $$$$ can buy for you.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 PM

565 posts, read 485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
And we had 25 pages on this thread, full of those on the left defending his use of the word 'enemy' when referring to fellow Americans. With every kind of spin imaginable.

OK guys (and gals)...Obama admitted he was wrong. Will you?
Of course he was wrong, never say what's true.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
But the President didn't say BOO. He said 'enemies'.

And Sanrene and many others (including myself) were correct to be upset about that.
Of course. Any opportunity to express that enormous hatred is pounced upon. Doesn't it feel good to hate someone as much as you guys hate our President? It must.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Quote:
"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s going to be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”
I can't believe that was on his teleprompter.

Quote:
and we’re gonna reward our friends
What rewards?

I suppose it doesn't matter. It's just plantation politics as usual.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:02 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
Of course. Any opportunity to express that enormous hatred is pounced upon. Doesn't it feel good to hate someone as much as you guys hate our President? It must.
What hate? I don't hate the guy.

I just happen to think he's woefully inept and completely devoid of any real leadership skills. I also think he has a tendency toward divisive rhetoric (as exampled by this most recent) that does NOTHING to advance the common good of the country. That does not equal hate...just extreme disappointment.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
What hate? I don't hate the guy.

I just happen to think he's woefully inept and completely devoid of any real leadership skills. I also think he has a tendency toward divisive rhetoric (as exampled by this most recent) that does NOTHING to advance the common good of the country. That does not equal hate...just extreme disappointment.
There are plenty of other folks who have no hesitancy to express their hatred of our President over and over and over again. Maybe you should take a look at the definition of "hatred." IMO, hatred is ugly in whatever form it takes. Ugly and disgusting.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hate

"to dislike intensely or passionately"............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies