Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It has nothing to do with education and everything to do with attitude. "Elitists" think they're better than "average" folk and look down on them if they have different views from their own.
So IOW, every right wing conservative and Christian in the country...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
"Elite Liberal" is da label da commun folk like to put on others jest so dey could feel good about themselves.
America don't like people who think to much and ax too many questions.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:05 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
Judging from the way the term is used on this site, I think it refers to anyone who graduated from college and understands history and government.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Throughout this forum I see the term Liberal Elite thrown around quite a bit from those who aren't liberal. Now I just have to ask, for clarification sake, what does it mean to be an Elite Liberal? I believe I'm liberal, but I hardly see myself as "Elite" whatever that may mean. Just looking for some clarification here.
This is what it means.....

"Do as I say..Not as I do"

Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Liberal elites are the “do as I say, not as I do” type of liberal. It’s Al Gore flying on a chartered 747 across the Atlantic to tell you to reduce your carbon footprint. It’s uber rich Hollywood types telling you that Republicans are the party of the rich. It’s Lady Gaga (thought he was a transvestite when I first heard of her) telling Arizona that it should allow anyone to cross the border yet keeping people out of her concerts if they don’t buy a ticket.

Liberal Elites think they are better and smarter than the common man and that it is their duty to preach to us and tell us how we should be living our lives. It is condescending and arrogant. Most of them couldn’t get by in the life of an average person for a month yet they think they know what is best for us.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Throughout this forum I see the term Liberal Elite thrown around quite a bit from those who aren't liberal. Now I just have to ask, for clarification sake, what does it mean to be an Elite Liberal? I believe I'm liberal, but I hardly see myself as "Elite" whatever that may mean. Just looking for some clarification here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
It must be said that the label of elitist liberal is a projection form conservatives since conservatism is an very elitist and exclusivist ideology so conservatives projects their own shortcomings on liberals.
Ultra's response is a perfect example. Only liberals are "educated" and therefore smarter.

Republicans only use it to project their shortcomings, lack of intelligence.

They think they are smarter and know what is best for you. You have to listen to them because you are too stupid to think for yourself.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Ultra's response is a perfect example. Only liberals are "educated" and therefore smarter.

Republicans only use it to project their shortcomings, lack of intelligence.

They think they are smarter and know what is best for you. You have to listen to them because you are too stupid to think for yourself.
I don't think you really read what s/he wrote.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
I certainly don't know, I've never met any.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:37 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I don't think you really read what s/he wrote.
Don't get the delusion that I care what you think.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:49 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

I think there are far more Republican conservative elitists than Liberal elitists. The entire concept of the "upper class" is what defines elitism. They have a system separate living areas (The Hamptons), schools (St. Paul’s, Harvard, Yale etc) and selective breeding (working studs are NOT invited to coming out parties). This separated life defines elitism.

Most Liberals are more interested in teaching than preaching. I am a Liberal but not an elitist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies