Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,118,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Any woman that takes a swing at me will be met with the same thing, much harder. Don't you want equality for EVERYONE? Let's start there.

Anyway, a simple foot on the shoulder was nothing. She should have gotten more according to what I saw in the video.
She didn't take a swing at anyone. There was nothing wrong with them holding her down.

The "wrong" happened when that man put his foot on her and pressed down. He deserves assault charges. You would deserve them too if you ever did that.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,263,351 times
Does anyone remember the Christian prostelytizers who got arrested at a Muslim event in Dearborn?

I'm wondering if the disgusting individuals defending the assault on this woman would have defended Muslim assaulters if they had held down and stomped an evangelical for being where he wasn't supposed to be.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:05 PM

14,461 posts, read 11,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
it appears the wingnuts disagree with you on this, chivalry is indeed dead in their minds.
lol!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,013,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Most programming languages, which are limited to the ASCII character set, use "~=", "!=", "/=", "=/=" or "<>" to represent "not equal to"; "!=" has carried over into newsgroups and Internet forums.
Took the words right out of my mouth, well except this one:

Alt + = on my comp.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,402,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
It's always so nice to see an anonymous physical threat to another poster. I feel so warm and fuzzy inside knowing your there guarding the weaker sex.

I should think that all men, regardless of party, would condemn this punk's actions..

Are you suggesting it's okay to assault a woman just because her political persuasion is different than yours?

Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM

18,860 posts, read 14,038,590 times
Wading through the rhetoric, let's just clarify the basic points:
One group / wing / ideology wants inalienable rights secured.
One group / wing / ideology wants inalienable rights destroyed.
Which one is which?

Do you know what your inalienable rights are?

And from whom they came?

Group I
Based on the Declaration of Independence, we can conclude that our Creator endows us with rights, such as the right to life, liberty, property ownership and other rights, that government was instituted to secure.

Group II
Then there's "the other group" that asserts that rights come from government, and one's right to life, liberty, and property ownership are privileges, subject to the government ( and those who control that government ). For example, the communist manifesto sums it up as the abolition of private property (that which is absolutely owned by an individual), and replaces it with collective ownership.

Now, if "someone" attacks another, without just cause (i.e., defending rights), which group do they really represent, (disregarding exterior camouflage)? Was the episode staged, for the benefit of propaganda?

I am not saying Rand Paul, or his supporters are from Group I or II, but pay attention to what they want government to do. And pay attention to their opposition.

Personally, I prefer a government that is limited to securing rights - and governing those who consent.
I do not think a government empowered to secure private property rights should be involved in taking those rights away, under the guise of "bestowing new rights".

Anything government gives must be taken from someone else, because government makes nothing but more government. And that is not what the founding generation wanted. And neither should this generation. However, after years of pervasive propaganda, too few Americans even know of the republican form of government and how they lost it.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'll tell you something. I don't know whether you're male or female, but if you are a man and you did something like that in front of me, you wouldn't have time to do anything "more".

No true man assaults a woman for any reason. Period.
Oooh, an internet Chuck Norris.

Upton would have neutralized the threat with his pinky!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I should think that all men, regardless of party, would condemn this punk's actions..

Are you suggesting it's okay to assault a woman just because her political persuasion is different that yours?
Do you have a problem with what happened to Squeaky Fromme? I mean, her gun was empty.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,402,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Oooh, an internet Chuck Norris.

Upton would have neutralized the threat with his pinky!
Any true man would have stepped in and took care of the situation..

What would you have done...stood there meekly while a woman was being assaulted in front of you?

Old 10-26-2010, 01:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,154,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
So while Paul condemned it promptly after this event took place and asked that everyone refrain from using violence, it isn't enough?<snip>
Well I'm not sure how prompt his statement was, however his campaign has now released this
which I believe is more appropriate, maybe Paul is in damage control mode:

Quote:
"The Paul for Senate campaign is extremely disappointed in, and condemns the actions
of a supporter last night outside the KET debate. Whatever the perceived provocation, any
level of aggression or violence is deplorable, and will not be tolerated by our campaign. The Paul
campaign has disassociated itself from the volunteer who took part in this incident, and once again
urges all activists -- on both sides -- to remember that their political passions should never manifest
themselves in physical altercations of any kind."
The Plum Line - Rand Paul campaign condemns attack, disowns volunteer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies