Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:18 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,266,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Designer Democracy - Kool!

Welp! There goes Intelligent Design right out the window!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,286,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Less than halfway through his first term, President Barack Obama has appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in history
Obama appoints record number of gay officials - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-
Since more homosexuals are open about their sexual orientation now this is not really a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not really
Yes, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Good. Demographics say they're about 10% of our population, ...
It is only 10% in urban areas like large cities. Overall, it is 1%.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,024,056 times
I couldn't possibly care less about the sexual orientation of Obama's appointees so long as they do a good job. Good for them.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,583,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
It is only 10% in urban areas like large cities. Overall, it is 1%.
1%? Where did you get that number? Most studies put the number somewhere around 4%, and that only includes people who are openly gay or bisexual.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,488,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suspect guess would be right given Obama's history of appointees and the failure of his policies.
The facts don't lie

Once again proving it's all about him

Old 10-26-2010, 05:26 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,286,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
1%? Where did you get that number? Most studies put the number somewhere around 4%, and that only includes people who are openly gay or bisexual.
This one says 2% and it includes bisexuals
What Percentage of the Population Is Gay?

Here's another but you will probably dismiss it based on the source.
Exposed: The Myth That "10% Are Homosexual"

The total crap 10% figure was based on a VERY flawed 1948 survey that only counted big cities. Yeah, I can easily believe 10% if you are only looking at New York, San Francisco, et al.

In the future you might give me a chance to respond before you PM me saying I'm full of crap.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:59 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,451,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
This one says 2% and it includes bisexuals
What Percentage of the Population Is Gay?

Here's another but you will probably dismiss it based on the source.
Exposed: The Myth That "10% Are Homosexual"

The total crap 10% figure was based on a VERY flawed 1948 survey that only counted big cities. Yeah, I can easily believe 10% if you are only looking at New York, San Francisco, et al.

In the future you might give me a chance to respond before you PM me saying I'm full of crap.
If the shoe fits>>>>>
Funny..... I find the figure to be 2% to 13%.....remember these are people admitting they are gay.....with the disrespectful/hateful thread responses like I've read here....I don't think many are in a hurry to be honest..

Up to 20% report gay feelings/attractions in a 2006 study......and my life experiences tell me close to 10% is accurate, considering all the closeted married men I have met.

Then add in all the politicians/preachers and posters who are screaming about it to hide their own sexuality and I'd say 10% is even a bit low of an estimate>>>>>
Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top 10 Anti-Gay Politicians Caught Being Gay: Anti-Gay Activists Out of The Closet | Ranker - A World of Lists .

http://www.365gay.com/news/obama-app...gay-officials/

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 10-27-2010 at 12:47 AM..

Old 10-27-2010, 12:23 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,685,379 times
... One couldn't cut through the amount of ignorance in this thread with a chainsaw.

Last edited by Nineties Flava; 10-27-2010 at 12:51 AM..

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 AM

968 posts, read 2,056,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Less than halfway through his first term, President Barack Obama has appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in history
Obama appoints record number of gay officials - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

So what?

Old 10-27-2010, 12:48 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,192,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why can't they just stay in the closet? I was so much more comfortable then.
I wish homophobes would stay in the closet and/or attic and be denied internet access. I seriously don't care about who is gay or not gay. People's sexual orientation is of ZERO interest to me.

People need to mind their own business, tend to their own sex life or lack thereof, and stop meddling in other people's private lives. If someone can do the job, regardless if they are heterosexual, homosexual, bi-sexual, tri-sexual, whatever sexual, that's all that matters to me.

I'm sick of ansy pansy Ted Haggard types "I know what you did last night" fundie preachers who get high on meth and then have sex with a gay prostitute/druggie and then act like they have no clue what that was all about. I'm sick of the guy who was on George Bush's team who persecuted gays while he himself was/is gay. I'd say most of the people who are against gays have some sort of sexual orientation issues themselves since they're so concerned about what other people are doing in the bedroom and with whom. I'm pretty sure of that, in fact.

Last edited by Donna7; 10-27-2010 at 01:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies