Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:08 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

White Guilt got him nominated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 10:15 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
So do you think blacks calling each others N$%% is acceptable?
Yea. Pretty much.

Sorta like Italians calling themselves Dagos or Wops. Mexicans calling themselves Beaners or W**b**ks. Or the Polish calling themselves Po***ks. They're free to do so with impunity and i have no right to complain about it.

Besides, i don't see why what blacks call each other is any of your business anyway since it's clearly not. This is an intra-black issue. I'm sure you have enough to worry about without adding this to it.

When we need your input, we'll let you know. Don't hold your breath waiting for that request.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea. Pretty much.

Sorta like Italians calling themselves Dagos or Wops. Mexicans calling themselves Beaners or W**b**ks. Or the Polish calling themselves Po***ks. They're free to do so with impunity and i have no right to complain about it.

Besides, i don't see why what blacks call each other is any of your business anyway since it's clearly not. This is an intra-black issue. I'm sure you have enough to worry about without adding this to it.

When we need your input, we'll let you know. Don't hold your breath waiting for that request.
Please provide PROOF of Italians, Mexicans or Polish folks calling THEMSELVES such names. I WON'T be holding my breath waiting for a response as we all know none exist.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
White guilt+ Black unity+ Cult of celebrity= Buyers Remorse.
White guilt + black unity + Cult of Celebrity = DELUSION (Failure to admit Bush screwed up)

Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea. Pretty much.

It kind of comes down to, Are blacks, and do most blacks recognize themselves as a cultural demographic? The answer is yes.

I walk into my workplace in the morning and there's my long-time coworker and friend. I say, "Hey asswipe, how's it going?" He smiles and very possibly responds with a similar retort. If a stranger happens to hear me say such a thing he might tell me that such talk is "inappropriate". But of course a stranger does not understand the background meaning. The n-word phenomenon is a little like that X 4,000,000.

The only criticism I can think of is, Would my coworker be better off with some genuinely positive greeting rather than a mock insult? It's possible, but that's not how the American culture functions.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:58 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Quote:
White guilt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you feel that "white guilt" lead to Obama being elected regardless of his limited experience in National politics?
Hell No.

News Flash. His mother is white, he was raised by his white mother/grandparents.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
The only time you hear the "N" word thrown around is amongst your black friends and anytime you listen to a ganster rap song. Blacks calling each other Ni$$& and then complaing anytime some other race does the same thing is the biggest double standard I can think of!
Blacks do NOT have a free pass on the use of the 'n" word....it is just plain wrong to use it whether you're black or white...not ALL blacks use it....But Repukes like Palin think it's great! She cheered on that pig mouth dr. laura......

Do you think it's right to encourage its use?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
No, it was 8 years of Bush and a weak opponent that got Obama elected. Republicans can only blame themselves.
Yeah, I don't think Grandpa did himself any favors when he said he didn't care if we were in Iraq for another 100 years.

And after Bush, yes, anyone with a D would have been elected.

The upside is we finally get to hear the proper pronunciation of nuclear. Well, amongst other things.

I voted for BO and while I am thrilled he did what he could re: healthcare reform, I still see two wars continuing.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM

19,514 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Quote:
Please provide PROOF of Italians, Mexicans or Polish folks calling THEMSELVES such names. I WON'T be holding my breath waiting for a response as we all know none exist.
Well actually I do remember a girl on the bowling team calling another member just that, [this example, "a dumb Pollock"] as well as her husband and then she said that it is ok that she do so since she's one also. Does that count as proof to you? Of course, for you to believe it, you'd really have to be there to have heard it. So, just because you weren't there, doesn't mean it's not being said, right?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times
The "n-word" is unique word in that it's most commonly uttered by young black men and old white men. There is no other word like it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies