U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oh really? How many millionaire democrats have gotten filthy rich after they get elected as a senator or member of congress? And still others are in office one or two terms, walk into a job as a corporate lobbyist, and then they and the help make themselves and serving members of congress filthy rich. Don't even try to tell me that only democrats in Washington are poor, honest servants of the people.

Democrat senators and members of congress work with lobbyists or insert amendments to bills, and suddenly money falls into their laps, or the laps of their spouse, their children or they get a great deal on a home because someone buys the adjoining lot for $625,000,



Getting rid of politicians who are not upholding their oath of office, and spend decades empowering and enriching themselves, is a "step towards the better." I did not say we would get Nirvana. Are you only about playing partisan politics, and a greedy, self centered democrat to you, is a good democrat?

I hope to God people like you wake up, playing petty partisan politics is destroying the country. Reelecting a crooked, greedy politician who sells his country down the river just so the other party loses has got to stop.

At least some democrats are starting to join the conservatives in this, because we will see a lot of incumbents get kicked to the curb, which is a "step towards the better." One day you need to wake up and smell the greed and corruption.
Don't bother me with nonsense about Demcrats, crony capitalists, and lobbyists unless you also bring up Republicans and the K-street Project, OKAY??

Nuff said on that one.

And you didn't address a damn thing i said about Republicans bringing absolutley NO CHANGE to Washington the last time they had power. Wonder why? Please....entertain me...why is it going to be different this time? C'mon..i'm listening.

Please explain to me how Republicans are going to cut government and government spending. Tell me which entitlements they plan to cut drastically. Tell me how they're going to cut defense spending and end the wars. Tell me which government departments they plan to shut down. Department of Education? Homeland Security? What? Tell me how they plan to end all abortions, fix the deficit and debt....etc?

The answer: they have no clue. They are anti-Obama, and that's enough for you guys. At least have the stinking guts to admit it. There is a reason why no national Republican or Tea Partier running for office has named even a single Big Government program that they plan to eliminate....they don't plan to eliminate any, that's why!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,597 posts, read 9,433,671 times
Reputation: 9208
Oh man, DD... rock it!!! No slight to any of the other power liberals on here (you know who you are) but this is the first time I am seeing your posts and, as the kids say: you are kicking it to them, live. Indeed, all I have ever heard Republicans say is we have to cut spending but, as you so eloquently said, cutting spending without taking a hard look at the military budget... ... I think I'll leave it there. As I said a long, long time ago in another thread, "I guess some of you just feel better being screwed by a Republican".

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 AM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
"I guess some of you just feel better being screwed by a Republican".
Really, this is the gist of if all. Nevermind my posts...you've summed it up in one sentence. Their problem is Obama...not his policies because they know deep inside that McCain would've done no better on the economy. They don't like healthcare because Obama signed it. Same for financial reform, TARP, Auto-bailouts, etc. They don't disagree with these things on principle....they disagree because of Obama. No more, no less.

They don't even believe in small government. When they say they do, i demand proof, and they can never produce it. Reagan didn't produce it, Bush I didn't produce it, and Bush II didn't produce it. Their Republican Congress didn't produce it and didn't WANT to produce it. But we're all supposed to believe that it'll be different this time....even though you can't get one damn national Republican running for office (besides Rand Paul to a small degree) to tell us how they'll demolish big government, cut spending, reign in the deficit and debt or anything else of any importance. Hell, with a Republican Congress and a Repub President they couldn't even manage to get rid of abortion!

The only solution they ever offer (and have ever offered since Reagan) is to cut taxes! That fixes everything...including curing AIDS and cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
3,391 posts, read 4,094,951 times
Reputation: 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is why i'm gonna be so happy come Tuesday! Hope you guys win by a landslide!!
You're about to get your wish!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:49 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
You're about to get your wish!
I sure as hell hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
 
19,454 posts, read 13,198,165 times
Reputation: 4875
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't bother me with nonsense about Demcrats, crony capitalists, and lobbyists unless you also bring up Republicans and the K-street Project, OKAY??

Nuff said on that one.
Nuff said? You can hold your breath and stomp your feet for all i care.

You were the simpleton who thought crony capitalists did not exist in the democratic party! Wake up pal, they exist in both parties, what planet have you been on.

Sorry if i seem a bit upset, but I don't suffer partisan ignorance very well. Next you are going to tell me their are no illegal, backroom deals made by democrats, and William "Cold Cash" Jefferson was the first and last crooked democrat, and Maxine Waters and Charles Rangel are republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 PM
 
33,361 posts, read 14,567,754 times
Reputation: 7589
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't bother me with nonsense about Demcrats, crony capitalists, and lobbyists unless you also bring up Republicans and the K-street Project, OKAY??

Nuff said on that one.

And you didn't address a damn thing i said about Republicans bringing absolutley NO CHANGE to Washington the last time they had power. Wonder why? Please....entertain me...why is it going to be different this time? C'mon..i'm listening.

Please explain to me how Republicans are going to cut government and government spending. Tell me which entitlements they plan to cut drastically. Tell me how they're going to cut defense spending and end the wars. Tell me which government departments they plan to shut down. Department of Education? Homeland Security? What? Tell me how they plan to end all abortions, fix the deficit and debt....etc?

The answer: they have no clue. They are anti-Obama, and that's enough for you guys. At least have the stinking guts to admit it. There is a reason why no national Republican or Tea Partier running for office has named even a single Big Government program that they plan to eliminate....they don't plan to eliminate any, that's why!
ANYTHING the repubs do will be a hell of a lot better that what the dems have done these past 2 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
ANYTHING the repubs do will be a hell of a lot better that what the dems have done these past 2 years.
Ok..since i can't get an answer from the other Rethug fan in here, i'll ask you the same thing.

Why will the Republicans be any different this time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Nuff said? You can hold your breath and stomp your feet for all i care.

You were the simpleton who thought crony capitalists did not exist in the democratic party! Wake up pal, they exist in both parties, what planet have you been on.
I didn't say that crony capitalist didn't exist in the Democratic Party, and you can't find a quote where i said it.

So NOW you wanna admit that they exist in both parties since i brought up the K Street Project. But that's not what you were saying at first. You only said Democrats. Oh well..at least you came clean eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 PM
 
3,378 posts, read 3,133,474 times
Reputation: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Really, this is the gist of if all. Nevermind my posts...you've summed it up in one sentence. Their problem is Obama...not his policies because they know deep inside that McCain would've done no better on the economy. They don't like healthcare because Obama signed it. Same for financial reform, TARP, Auto-bailouts, etc. They don't disagree with these things on principle....they disagree because of Obama. No more, no less.

They don't even believe in small government. When they say they do, i demand proof, and they can never produce it. Reagan didn't produce it, Bush I didn't produce it, and Bush II didn't produce it. Their Republican Congress didn't produce it and didn't WANT to produce it. But we're all supposed to believe that it'll be different this time....even though you can't get one damn national Republican running for office (besides Rand Paul to a small degree) to tell us how they'll demolish big government, cut spending, reign in the deficit and debt or anything else of any importance. Hell, with a Republican Congress and a Repub President they couldn't even manage to get rid of abortion!

The only solution they ever offer (and have ever offered since Reagan) is to cut taxes! That fixes everything...including curing AIDS and cancer.
Your narrowminded thinking is very evident in your post. By saying that repubs don't like Obama you are implying that it is a racial thing. get real
99% of conservatives, and 85% of non-political americans don't like HIS POLICIES
Wealth redistribution, health care, military, immigration, gays, muslims...The list goes on and on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top