Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM

379 posts, read 211,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Rush never said he would leave the country. He said he would get medical treatment in Cuba, but he would not live there or anywhere else outside of the U.S.

You are correct about Alec Baldwin, though.
medical treatment in COSTA RICA. Not Cuba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 07:52 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,499,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
She's so annoying that even as VP candidate, she cost Republican votes.
No she didn't.

McCain was behind in the polls. He nominated Palin. He went ahead in the polls. And he stayed there until the economy crashed.

Poll after poll showed that the only reason conservative Republicans showed up was becasue of Palin. Polls also showed he didn't lose the independant or moderate republicans because of her.

Obama won for one reason. The economy crashed a couple weeks before the election and a republican had been in the White House when it happened. Therefore Republicans were blamed.

I don't know why people have decided to rewrite the 2008 election to somehow blame Palin for the republicans loss. It just didn't happen that at all.

Had the economy not crashed when it did Palin would be Vice President right now.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:57 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
No she didn't.

McCain was behind in the polls. He nominated Palin. He went ahead in the polls. And he stayed there until the economy crashed.

Poll after poll showed that the only reason conservative Republicans showed up was becasue of Palin. Polls also showed he didn't lose the independant or moderate republicans because of her.

Obama won for one reason. The economy crashed a couple weeks before the election and a republican had been in the White House when it happened. Therefore Republicans were blamed.

I don't know why people have decided to rewrite the 2008 election to somehow blame Palin for the republicans loss. It just didn't happen that at all.

Had the economy not crashed when it did Palin would be Vice President right now.
Many republicans didn't vote for McCain because of Palin. Others filled in the gap but the fact remains that her name on the ballot split the party in a bad way.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:07 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times
She has a 30% approval rating. Which means that just about 50% of Republicans thinks she's a loon.

Everyone talks about how President Obama is skipping campaign stops, because he would hurt the candidate more than he would help. However, Mrs. Palin has done the exact same thing. Sure, she draws a crowd where she goes, but generally she only goes to places where people like her. Just like the President.

They are both politicians, nothing less, nothing more.

She will never, and I mean never get the election. Even if 30% of the people do vote for her, and lets say she drew an extra 10% who just couldn't stomach voting for President Obama, that still leaves 60% or more of the populace voting for the other guy. Yeah, there might be a third party candidate, but even with the mayor of NY does spend billions of dollars, I doubt he's going to attract more than 10% of the total vote. That still leaves a 50/10/40 split in President Obama's favor.

And Remember, Bloomberg is going to draw some Republican votes.

And there is the fact that she turned a lot of people off by quitting her Governors job to run for President. My Grandmother is a die hard Conservative. She is socially and fiscally conservative, period. Not a liberal bone in her body. She used to love Sarah Palin. The day she quit her job, she threw away her book, and swore to God she would vote for someone else other than Sarah Palin, even if that meant voting for a Democrat.

Sarah isn't going anywhere. She'll run for President to get more publicity, and maybe, maybe a cabinet position. But she will never be the President of these United States.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:14 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,525,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
She has a 30% approval rating...
Approval rating of what? She holds no office.

I bet if the American public was polled on the "approval rating" of such people as Jesse Jackson-his would be probably 12%.

I do not get where you are coming from.

And what was Obama's latest approval rating? He is the POTUS.

You people are point out the "approval rating" of a person that holds no office?

Enough said.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Approval rating of what? She holds no office.

I bet if the American public was polled on the "approval rating" of such people as Jesse Jackson-his would be probably 12%.

I do not get where you are coming from.

And what was Obama's latest approval rating? His is the POTUS.

You people are point out the "approval rating" of a person that holds no office? : smack:

Enough said.
They take approval ratings for everyone. Hell, Lindsey Lohan gets approval ratings.

President Obama's approval rating is almost 50%, and his "likability" rating is still over 70%.

Sarah Palins likability rating is right at 30%, the same as her approval rating.

No chance of her winning. It'll be Mitt Romney, or someone around his level of "rightness".

Republicans want to win. Karl Rove and others won't let Sarah Palin win. They were ok with losing a few Senate races, but they were pissed about the Delaware race. Just wait, they won't be caught with another witch nominee.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:46 PM

888 posts, read 1,184,807 times
Sarah Palin got the VP spot in 2008, when the Social Conservatives/Religious Right convention delegates, threatened an open revolt on the convention floor, IF, Sarah Palin was NOT given the VP spot.

I would be very surprised if lightning struck twice, at the 2012 GOP convention.

Steve

Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,525,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They take approval ratings for everyone. Hell, Lindsey Lohan gets approval ratings...
Who is "they?" MTV?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,922,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That prospect is too frightening to even contemplate. Gives me bad dreams at night.

Rush and Alec Baldwin lied about leaving the country. If she becomes president, trust me, i'm outta here. And i'm most definitely not lying.
Of course you are. Nothing personal, but you are absolutely lying. How many people say it time after time? "If ________ wins I'm DEFINITELY leaving the country, and I'm not lying!"

Yeah, you're lying. Because when it's all said and done you're life wouldn't be all that much different than it is right now. And because if there was a better place to be than right here in this country, you people would have already gone.

Again, nothing personal, but you are lying.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Of course you are. Nothing personal, but you are absolutely lying. How many people say it time after time? "If ________ wins I'm DEFINITELY leaving the country, and I'm not lying!"

Yeah, you're lying. Because when it's all said and done you're life wouldn't be all that much different than it is right now. And because if there was a better place to be than right here in this country, you people would have already gone.

Again, nothing personal, but you are lying.
LOL...let's just say for the sake of conversation that i'm lying. OK..fine.

But "Because when it's all said and done you're life wouldn't be all that much different than it is right now"......under a Palin presidency?

Surely you jest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies