Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:19 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You may want to put the "punish his enemies" statement in its correct context which was "politically speaking" probably the Beckster or the Limburger guy skewed it to suit their purposes.
That kind of talk has no place coming from the mouth of a president. Just like his thuggish "get in their faces and argue with them" statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 05:35 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Anytime a thread comes up about revolution, I've got to ask the same question again:

Tear down the existing government and replace it with what?

I've never gotten a good answer to that question and I think it's because nobody has thought that far in advance.

Let's see if that's the case in this thread.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Well, please tell us more about your experiences that you make these statements.
Mexico, Bolivia, Brazil, and Peru. Go there and see what "bad" REALLY is. viva el che.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:27 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I dont believe that philosophy has gone by the wayside, whats gone by the wayside is the philosophy of lending a helping hand to fellow Americans that through no fault of their own have fallen on hard times or for whatever reason werent successful .
We've become a "Winner Take All" society. It's reflected in the way we do business, how we conduct politics and the people in society that are held up in celebrities.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Everyone who advocates revolution at this point in time is a fool. Revolutions very rarely lead to a better world; we would most likely trade our crooked, creaky but still more-or-less acceptable system for something far worse if we tried.

And trust me, it can very easily get far worse. Americans don't know how good they've got it, even now.
The

American Revolution
French Revolution
Industrial Revolution
Technical Revolution
Sexual Revolution

Actually revolution can be quite beneficial in advancing social, technical and economic changes . The determining factor in a revolution is successful in advancing humanity are the principles behind the revolution and the leadership.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
so you would turn america into a war zone and try to defeat your own military and topple your govronment. that is insane
You are dealing with delusional people that don't have a rational view of the world.

What the hell do you expect?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 AM

516 posts, read 375,733 times
Who was it that created all the violence in the 60's? Oh, that's right, it was the left. It was their war in Vietnam and their government policies that had their own constituents out in the street. SDS, Black Panthers, etc. were the proponents and actors of violence.

If the economy collapses and you don't think there will be violence you are not a student of history and if you assume that the military would automatically side with the existing government you are simply ignorant.

As to what would the government be replaced with, I believe we have a Constitution that would be the reason for all this in the first place. In other words, we'd go back to a constitutional government that represented the principles we once followed instead of this behemoth we have now with its fingers in every aspect of our lives.

We would be ahead to break up the country in my view with part of it going the far left crazies and the rest for normal people.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:56 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
In other words, we'd go back to a constitutional government that represented the principles we once followed instead of this behemoth we have now with its fingers in every aspect of our lives.

So if, after a period of violence and bloodshed, we'd just keep the same Constitution, what makes you think it wouldn't turn out exactly the same way again? Since we got to this place which makes you so unhappy WITH the Constitution, isn't it logical to assume that we'd get here again?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Who was it that created all the violence in the 60's? Oh, that's right, it was the left. It was their war in Vietnam and their government policies that had their own constituents out in the street. SDS, Black Panthers, etc. were the proponents and actors of violence.

If the economy collapses and you don't think there will be violence you are not a student of history and if you assume that the military would automatically side with the existing government you are simply ignorant.

As to what would the government be replaced with, I believe we have a Constitution that would be the reason for all this in the first place. In other words, we'd go back to a constitutional government that represented the principles we once followed instead of this behemoth we have now with its fingers in every aspect of our lives.

We would be ahead to break up the country in my view with part of it going the far left crazies and the rest for normal people.
Also while you were nice enough to point the left wing groups involved in violence doing the 1960's you failed to point out the Klu Klux Klan which had an organized campaign of domestic violence in the Southern United States that included voter intimidation and murders.

Now most of the groups calling for the overthrow of the United States are radical Right Wing Conservative groups. Keep in mind that Timothy McVeigh one of the perpetrators behind the Oklahoma City Bombing was a card carrying Republican.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:

I think if you have a revolution you can toss out your constitution as it wont mean much.
And as much as you seem to think the far left are crazy they would also think the far right is crazy so i guess your normal people are the ones a little to the left or right of center,politically speaking.
As an occasional tourist to America i dont see where things are so bad that revolution would factor in to any resolution to your problems,whats needed is a way to stop your big companies giving all the jobs away to other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies