Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:00 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times

Advertisements

Jan Brewer: I Made "Error" in Beheadings Claim - CBS News

Brewer ADMITTED she was in error but guess what? As events in Chandler Az recently have proved she was right about this part........

Quote:
She said she was referring to beheadings and other cartel-related violence in Mexico that she said could spill over into the United States and that she is sorry if people were misled.

"I misspoke, but you know, let me be clear, I am concerned about the border region because it continues to be reported in Mexico that there's a lot of violence going on and we don't want that going into Arizona."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 07:01 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Jan Brewer: I Made "Error" in Beheadings Claim - CBS News

Brewer ADMITTED she was in error but guess what? As events in Chandler Az recently have proved she was right about this part........
She LIED before the fact!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
From your link:

In fact, there have been beheadings in Mexico in violence associated with criminal cartels that include those active in cross-border smuggling.

Brewer was MISTAKEN about the side of the border where these beheaded bodies were found. They were found just inside of Mexico.

And when she spoke of the Cartels - she was absolutely correct

Old 10-29-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Patrick Kennedy. Democrat.

-Wikipedia.

This Patrick Kennedy loser keeps getting relected. He is a democrat.

Where is the outrage from the left????????????????????????
Look, pay no attention to azriverfan. Trust me on this.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
When I think of Jan Brewer, I think of the smell of cigarettes. Now I can add alcohol to the mix. Eww.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
She LIED before the fact!
She was mistaken about where the bodies were. She did not lie about the FACT THERE WERE/ARE bodies being be-headed nor the sign put up by the Feds warning people about the violence in the area.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
From your link:

In fact, there have been beheadings in Mexico in violence associated with criminal cartels that include those active in cross-border smuggling.

Brewer was MISTAKEN about the side of the border where these beheaded bodies were found. They were found just inside of Mexico.

And when she spoke of the Cartels - she was absolutely correct
She LIED. She said there were beheadings in AZ. Guess what. There has been ONE that occurred AFTER her lies!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Patrick Joseph Kennedy II is the U.S. Representative for Rhode Island serving since 1995. He is a member of the Democratic Party.

Kennedy admitted being treated for cocaine use

Was alleged to have covered up a rape in 1991

In 2000 he paid a civil settlement for allegedly shoving a female flight attendant.

In 2000 he did $28,000 worth of damage to a rented boat.

In 2000 the U.S. Coast Guard had to break up a fight between Kennedy and his wife on a yacht.

Took $6,600 from a man convicted of attempting to influence office holders in 2007.

Sought treatment for an OxyContin addiction in 2006.

Kennedy was asked to not take Holy Communion by his own Bishop in 2007.

Yet, democrats keep re-electing this loser. And I never hear a peep about him in the media.

He ought to be in jail.

But he is a DEMOCRAT. Everyone knows that democrats are drug and alcohol abusers, so it is not news when they are caught in these offenses. Witness Obama, an admitted cocaine user.

But when a REPUBLICAN MAY have been drinking and driving (not proven, but rumored) that is a terrible offense, particularly since it was over twenty years ago, and is particularly relevent now, just as Dred Scott Act is today.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
She was mistaken about where the bodies were. She did not lie about the FACT THERE WERE/ARE bodies being be-headed nor the sign put up by the Feds warning people about the violence in the area.
Give it up. There is a clear difference between our border and theirs. Oh, and guess what...there are bodies being beheaded in OTHER COUNTRIES too! Their country vs ours is kind of an IMPORTANT detail!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
She LIED. She said there were beheadings in AZ. Guess what. There has been ONE that occurred AFTER her lies!
No, she was mistaken. You might want to educate yourself as to the definition(s) of the word(s) Lie, Lying v Mistake, Mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies