Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you know how many 30 million is? I wonder how short of nurses we would have with the present numbers available. Oh well, I know how you ladies think.
It's funny that we've heard from so many people that there are no people w/o health care, just people w/o insurance. So many RWs claim that there is all this "free" care available and noone has to go without. Now some of the same people are saying we can't absorb all these people in our system. I say, Huh?

Quote:
Would most nurses be able to take care of "end of life" teaching sessions for we old people? I don't think that many of either group are really prepared for that part of Obamacare.

Oh well, i will soon be gone and maybe not have to have anybody teach me how to die gracefully.
To answer the question, I say a qualfied "yes". There are many nurses right now who work in hospice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Would most nurses be able to take care of "end of life" teaching sessions for we old people? I don't think that many of either group are really prepared for that part of Obamacare.

Oh well, i will soon be gone and maybe not have to have anybody teach me how to die gracefully.
Who takes care of it for you now?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Roy. It is the doctors who are refusing to take care of Medicare patients. Nurses are willing to. The government cannot pay for what it can no longer afford.
Nurses are willing to take care of we old people but until states get around to changing some of their laws we are stuck. Obamacare doesn't go into effect other than the taxes they will begin collecting in January and the money they are taking from Medicare. You have to understand that until the feds take over completely, which the real progressives want to happen as soon as possible, things just aren't going to be as rosy as you seem to think they will be.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Then I guess there is no problem with Medicare or "Obamacare".

Well that's for sure. Tuesday will mark the beginning of the end of Obamacare and the start of the revamping of Medicare.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know how many 30 million is. 30 million is too damn many people to not have access to medical care in our great country!
You know damned well that every one of those people have access to medical care if they want it. This story from you is merely progressive talk to push universal care although we have it now.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's funny that we've heard from so many people that there are no people w/o health care, just people w/o insurance. So many RWs claim that there is all this "free" care available and noone has to go without. Now some of the same people are saying we can't absorb all these people in our system. I say, Huh?

To answer the question, I say a qualfied "yes". There are many nurses right now who work in hospice.
But Obamacare doesn't call for end of life counseling after one enters hospice. It is an ever so often procedure whether the patient is about to die or not. You just skipped over the essence of my question to make your answer look better.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well that's for sure. Tuesday will mark the beginning of the end of Obamacare and the start of the revamping of Medicare.
Revamping Medicare? How? How are you planning to pay for it when a higher and higher % of our population are retiring? The baby boomers haven't even entered Medicare yet! I thought republicans were for less spending.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You know damned well that every one of those people have access to medical care if they want it. This story from you is merely progressive talk to push universal care although we have it now.
Then I guess we have enough doctors to take care of every one of "those" (30 million) people!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Who takes care of it for you now?
You know, I just don't know. Maybe my young woman "doctor" if it is necessary or someone in the heart hospital when I go back again. Nobody has ever approached me about what dying is like. I do wonder how anybody who hasn't had the experience can do a very good job. I say this because the EMT that rode the ambulance with me swore that the heart monitor said I was dead for a few seconds. Maybe I need to put in for that job once Obamacare goes into effect since I have died once. I have some experience with it.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
To show how weak I am, I have been praying for that very thing to begin after January 3, but I do wonder what will happen to us during the Lame Duck session ends, especially if by some accident the Dems lose the Senate, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies