Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:07 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Bullying is just part of life, it’s nothing new and laws will not stop children from doing it, It helps shape a persons personality. It’s something a person has to deal with if you’re an adult or child.
Yes. I think that all of this trying to protect kids from everything will just make them nonfunctionaing adults, incapable of handling the real world. Incapable of handling the fact that life isn't fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
He had darling status, that's all that matters. If Larry Craig had killed himself after the bathroom incident, the left would be calling him a coward.
anyone who chooses suicide is a coward not someone to be martyred.
Hitler the greatest coward of all time

Old 10-29-2010, 10:09 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Are antibullying laws a good or bad idea?

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. -Tacitus

Of course one can also cite, "Good men do not need laws to tell them how to act responsibly, and bad men will find ways around the law".

The fact that America needs to consider whether to enact laws on bullying is a truly sad day for this country and what it says for us as a people.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
to be honest, I would rather kill myself then faced the wrath of the soviets. However killing yourself over being filmed, that's a different story.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Some might say he was a practical man.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 AM

48 posts, read 189,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Bullying is just part of life, it’s nothing new and laws will not stop children from doing it, It helps shape a persons personality. It’s something a person has to deal with if you’re an adult or child.

Exactly. It's just how people handle it; I'm not psychologist so it's foreign to me. I'm pretty sure everyone was 'bullied' at some point in their lives; I definitely was. The difference between myself & the 'losers' was that I actually had guts to defend myself and get 'revenge'; whatever that meant back in high school. If you can't handle bullies, you're not going to be able to handle the real world. Especially CORPORATE AMERICA.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
to be honest, I would rather kill myself then faced the wrath of the soviets. However killing yourself over being filmed, that's a different story.
I wonder if he did it for revenge.

871 posts, read 1,630,124 times
Quote:
Yes. I think that all of this trying to protect kids from everything will just make them nonfunctionaing adults, incapable of handling the real world. Incapable of handling the fact that life isn't fair.
Quote:
It’s something a person has to deal with if you’re an adult or child.
right. if and when any of you or your loved ones are assaulted or hurt, do NOT go running to the law for recourse. that includes, traffic accidents or any myriad situations that could come up that would end up with this result.

you should know to be able to handle it on your own. being an adult would make it even more your responsiblity. just "deal" with it. maybe go and beat them up or use some type of revenge. that'll teach'em. lmao

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
He had darling status, that's all that matters. If Larry Craig had killed himself after the bathroom incident, the left would be calling him a coward.
You know what happens when you assume things, right?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:18 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
I can tell some people still can't handle that regardless....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies