U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,603,088 times

Advertisements

Says BIG, BIG lib, Bill Press. He really doesn't like it at all.

Bill Press Denounces Jon Stewart Rally as a 'Big Masturbation Festival' Where Liberals Get Drunk | NewsBusters.org

Quote:
It's like a big masturbation festival on the Washington Mall on the Saturday before the election.

Pure self-indulgence, on their part, and on the part of the people who are coming. I think it's like a giant masturbation movement.
The image his words conjures is fitting...and disturbing to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 PM

13,090 posts, read 7,814,488 times
Well if that's the case then the Glen Beck rally was a group lap dance.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 PM

888 posts, read 1,040,020 times
I was gonna say a circle jerk, but lap dance will do.

Steve

Old 10-29-2010, 10:21 PM

3,858 posts, read 6,133,089 times
I never heard of him. Had to Google. Wikipedia says he's not in the top 100 talk radio hosts.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:39 PM

11,127 posts, read 12,682,133 times
Don't sweat it, as soon as Jon Stewart criticizes Obama, every right leaning poster here will be frothing at the mouth going see see see even Jon Stewart says Obama blows...

Thank you for advertising however, apparently going to be a big smash

Oh and don't forget the Christian Science Monitor even ran a story about all the Republicans and Conservatives attending. Or will they be the gay ministers in green neoprene frog suits with gay hookers, meth and Jack Daniels? (which might also describe Barney Frank some days)

Who's going to Rally to Restore Sanity? Republicans and Libertarians, too.
Who's going to Rally to Restore Sanity? Republicans and Libertarians, too. - CSMonitor.com
Quote:
Boomers, Gen X-ers, Libertarians, and Republicans all are laying out cash and spending time to show up in person at the Rally to Restore Sanity.
Damn Christian pinko conservative commie self gratification indulging savages ... how dare they!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:42 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,603,088 times
I think they are just planning to mock Beck's rally...and that's about it. So basically it's pointless, but hey, if they want to spend the last weekend before the election trying to make themselves feel better by attacking conservatives...have at it.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think
Depends on who you ask. Out of the zillion stories about this rally you pick the most oppositional one you could find, while that is technically thinking, it is thinking someone else did. The vast majority of people just so happen to disagree with your thinking or Bill Press's thinking.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:48 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Don't sweat it, as soon as Jon Stewart criticizes Obama, every right leaning poster here will be frothing at the mouth going see see see even Jon Stewart says Obama blows...
I had to stop here because of the mental image that came to mind. This completely changes the image from masterbations, to blow jobs..

Old 10-29-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I had to stop here because of the mental image that came to mind. This completely changes the image from masterbations, to blow jobs..
Could be one reason the economy is growing

Old 10-29-2010, 10:51 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think they are just planning to mock Beck's rally...and that's about it. So basically it's pointless, but hey, if they want to spend the last weekend before the election trying to make themselves feel better by attacking conservatives...have at it.
These people will be in Washington all patting one another on the back and complaining about why society doesnt get it and they are the smart ones..

Makes me wonder how smart they are to take up the last weekend before an election day to be in DC instead of home making a last minute get out the vote push..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies