Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 07:05 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there was absolutely no 'hateful screaming or anything' at the 8/28 rally either, and it was also wall-to-wall people, horrendous traffic, ad nauseum

for some strange reason, heaps of libs keep chirping how much more 'fun' today's rally was. well, i should hope so. i don't think the hundreds of thousands of people who went to a rally named 'restoring honor' were there for giggles. i certainly wasn't.
I wasn't at the Beck rally, so I cannot speak about its mood. But at this year's 9/12 Tea Party at the Capitol there was plenty of vitriol, paranoia, and outlandish accusations. Plenty of us are tired of hearing "fear the government," "destroying the country," "2nd amendment solutions" and similar hyperventilating. Today's rally was for sanity and reasonableness. That's why it got so much support. It was time to remind America that a big chunk of the country doesn't feel aligned with the message the extremists and media are pushing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 07:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
What does it matter? Those types of signs were at the anti-Bush rallies, the anti-Obama rallies and everything in between.

There were also "birther" signs, the devil calling for sanity and a few people with signs about "big government".

The answer lies in these rallies having people, yeah I said it, people attending them.

It's no coincidence that politics and people are one and the same. There is no absolute rallies and if there are be worried, very worried.

Quote:
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried

~Churchill~

Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Wow, here is some hate and fear crowd control.

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » The Stewart/Colbert Shark Jumping Contest

Old 10-30-2010, 07:08 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Beck's rally was a boring Mormon church service.
LOL! I can't stand Beck myself, but you have obviously never attended a Mormon Church service or you would not have made such a ludicrous and unverifiable comment.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah! It even has a copyright on MSNBC's website - Getty Images.

Stewart-Colbert rally draws tens of thousands - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Just look at those doctored signs!
What can I tell you? Chip should have done a tidier job.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:11 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
everyone realizes that sign was poking fun at the Obama Hitler moustache signs, right?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I wasn't at the Beck rally, so I cannot speak about its mood. But at this year's 9/12 Tea Party at the Capitol there was plenty of vitriol, paranoia, and outlandish accusations. Plenty of us are tired of hearing "fear the government," "destroying the country," "2nd amendment solutions" and similar hyperventilating. Today's rally was for sanity and reasonableness. That's why it got so much support. It was time to remind America that a big chunk of the country doesn't feel aligned with the message the extremists and media are pushing.
Well. One should always be weary, IMO, in the face of controlling parties.

Quote:
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
Declaration of Independence - Transcript

Making sure they don't do it for "for light and transient causes" but for a real "long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism".

Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Early attendance estimates from 'Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear' vary - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20101030/us_ac/7085500_early_attendance_estimates_from_rally_to_r estore_sanity_andor_fear_vary_1 - broken link)

Quote:
National Park Service estimates between 300,000 and 325,000 people attended the Glenn Beck rally.
Quote:
Estimates ranged around 200,000, according to the live blog from The New York Times, to "easily tens of thousands," as reported by NPR.
Quote:
Judy McGrath, CEO of MTV Networks, told The New York Times that the National Park Service informed her that "well over 200,000 people" attended.
Well...not exactly.

I will predict right now that CBS, which estimated the Beck rally at 87,000 (totally debunked) will give their fellow leftists a figure of 200K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
everyone realizes that sign was poking fun at the Obama Hitler moustache signs, right?
Well, of course! When the Left does such things, it's all in Fun, Fun, Fun!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What about the Bush Hitler signs, right?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Well. One should always be weary, IMO, in the face of controlling parties.
One should. BigJon, did you watch the rally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies