Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

The CBS number for Beck was of course bogus, considering others were told by the PS estimated it @ 325,000 and NBC said at least 200K.

This photo on the right;

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/beck-stewart.jpg (broken link)

IS THE SAME from CBS here;

Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The white columns in the foreground, the speakers/screens going through the crowd are in the same place, same size, picture of the stage IS THE SAME, based on the other structures around it, especially the large white structure on the right of the stage and you CAN indeed see the whitish columns and overhead on the stage.

However, this schematic is completely bogus;

The real relative sizes of the Stewart/Colbert's rally and Glen Beck's rally (image) via reddit.com

Compared to the one in this pic;

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/beck-stewart.jpg (broken link)

DO notice the round structured building on the right in the CBS pic - right about where the crowd ENDS/tapers off. On the bogus schematic here;

The real relative sizes of the Stewart/Colbert's rally and Glen Beck's rally (image) via reddit.com

you will see the round structure is about halfway on the schematic, whereas the company that did the "count" has the crowd going back all the way to Hwy 1.

Completely bogus, made up garbage, but what can one expect from a liberal outfit like CBS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
the door to the bitter parallel universe

the Fear half come to "life"
It's the ying to our yang. Taking Stewart v. Colbert's characters into consideration the dueling thread is not only ironic, but downright hilarious.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:36 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's the ying to our yang. Taking Stewart v. Colbert's characters into consideration the dueling thread is not only ironic, but downright hilarious.
Considering the rally was about restoring sanity, yeah it is pretty hilarious. How many pages comparing crowd sizes? I mean I've seen less testosterone type arguments from drunken college football players outside a strip club.

So who is peeing the highest on the fence post, anyone taking score? I see your Muhammad and raise you a blue eyed Jesus and 12 apostles. there, take that and put in your pipe!

Old 10-31-2010, 05:44 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Interestingly, the first face I saw was black. I can't really make out the racial profiles of everyone though. Can you?
Me too, I'm not sure if the guy even looked at his own photo. I took about ten seconds and scanned it and saw all kinds of people. These guys crack me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

So who is peeing the highest on the fence post, anyone taking score?
Meson claims he is, and I'm willing to accept that after checking Wiki and seeing it also says the same thing.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:17 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
WASHINGTON METRO RELEASES SATURDAY RIDERSHIP NUMBERS!

Stewart rally helps Metro set ridership record | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/breaking/stewart-rally-helps-metro-set-ridership-record-106413623.html - broken link)

Metro says 825,437 Metrorail trips were taken on Saturday, compared to average Saturday ridership of about 350,000. Metro says Saturday's ridership surpassed the 1991 Desert Storm rally, when 786,358 trips were taken.

(vs 510,000 on the Glenn Beck Rally Saturday)
Metro ridership spiked on day of Glenn Beck rally | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/blogs/capital-land/metro-ridership-spiked-on-day-of-glenn-beck-rally-101822258.html - broken link)

WashingtonExaminer.com | News - Topics | News Keywords | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/topics/tags/?keywords=DC%20Metro%20Ridership - broken link)
For September 12 2009, there were 437,624 riders. That doesn't come close to Inauguration Day's 1.12 million riders, or even the 631,000 riders for July 4.
Great information! Thanks for sharing although I'll bet a few neo-cons here will says it's bogus.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Meson claims he is, and I'm willing to accept that after checking Wiki and seeing it also says the same thing.
LOL! Oh no, not the wiki, thats the realm of elitist who use books N stuff. btw, what are all those funny numbers there anyway?

Old 10-31-2010, 06:54 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Who cares who had how many at either rally? Both had a lot of attendees. One however, was full of clowns.

Regardless, what matters is who shows up to vote on Tuesday. And from the looks of things, it wont be all the useful idiots who attend a rally held by clowns.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The CBS number for Beck was of course bogus, considering others were told by the PS estimated it @ 325,000 and NBC said at least 200K.

This photo on the right;

IS THE SAME from CBS here;

Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The white columns in the foreground, the speakers/screens going through the crowd are in the same place, same size, picture of the stage IS THE SAME, based on the other structures around it, especially the large white structure on the right of the stage and you CAN indeed see the whitish columns and overhead on the stage.
The two pictures above are very different..different times of day and look at how the building in one is squashed into a pinhead rather then a dome to make the total area look smaller. Another fail.

Last edited by plannine; 10-31-2010 at 07:51 PM..

Old 10-31-2010, 07:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The two pictures above are very different..different times of day and look at how the building in one is squashed into a pinhead rather then a dome to make the total area look smaller. Another fail.
The pictures are the same, the one included with Beck's rally is just a little blurry and you CAN tell the schematic used by the CBS "estimator" is bogus, since the crowd basically stops right around that round structure on the right, whereas the schematic has the crowd going way, way, back to Hwy 1 - totally bogus and anyone with eyes can see it.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:59 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Great information! Thanks for sharing although I'll bet a few neo-cons here will says it's bogus.
Of course, and they already are. Stewart kicked the crap out of Beck's rally not just in attendance, but intelligence and anyone with half a brain can see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies