Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:32 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

As a straight male, can I insist on a female screener for the grope? Gettin' felt up by another guy is creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascailly if you want to fly then you have to folow the rules. Otherwise don't fly;many don't for whatever reason. Flying isn't a right from waht I have seen.
Not to a sitting duck, obviously.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:35 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,762 times
Airport security has gone mad? Really?

How about our wonderful leaders of this once great country?

The whole scanning thing is blown way out of proportion. As most everything else in the US. "Scare tactics and fear mongering" should be the new motto for this country.

This is what the picture of the scan shows. Big deal.

Would you rather be safe or dead?

http://www.xscann.com/xscann_home.htm

Old 11-02-2010, 11:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
I refuse to eat irradiated vagina.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Next time I fly I am tempted to show up in a bathrobe, which I will give to the searchers, and a Speedo bathing suit and flip flops. Considering my age and obesity that should be good for a few seconds on the evening news.

I have nothing but contempt for the airline security system. It is not designed to prevent terrorist acts but to convince, with continuous reinforcement, the flying public a terrorist threat actually exists. This creates the fear necessary to keep funding the companies providing the "security". This is a complete waste of money.

I propose and alternative consisting of a single shot firearm loaded with small shot in each basket behind each seat along with the airline magazine. If some clown decides to hijack the plane or molest a passenger the person in the nearest seat can simply shoot the perpetrator. The small shot at very close range is deadly. As people are responsible for their own defense my proposal would provide the means without any threat to the airplane because the shot will spread out enough to prevent damage. I believe this would discourage future terrorists because, even if they do not fear death themselves, they do fear failure and ridicule.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:43 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So who should be checked and who shouldn't?
this is an excellent question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Got any objective proof of that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbMN6jueU1A
nice job showing something from the 1920s. you do know that x-ray machines have come a long way since then dont you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I refuse to eat irradiated vagina.
why? it tastes just like un-irradiated vagina

Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Next time I fly I am tempted to show up in a bathrobe, which I will give to the searchers, and a Speedo bathing suit and flip flops. Considering my age and obesity that should be good for a few seconds on the evening news.

I have nothing but contempt for the airline security system. It is not designed to prevent terrorist acts but to convince, with continuous reinforcement, the flying public a terrorist threat actually exists. This creates the fear necessary to keep funding the companies providing the "security". This is a complete waste of money.

I propose and alternative consisting of a single shot firearm loaded with small shot in each basket behind each seat along with the airline magazine. If some clown decides to hijack the plane or molest a passenger the person in the nearest seat can simply shoot the perpetrator. The small shot at very close range is deadly. As people are responsible for their own defense my proposal would provide the means without any threat to the airplane because the shot will spread out enough to prevent damage. I believe this would discourage future terrorists because, even if they do not fear death themselves, they do fear failure and ridicule.
I kinda like this idea.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 PM

78,407 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

Ok, I will agree with you....just don't start snoring real loud or I may have to consider it a terrorist act.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:02 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
I like the airplanes in "Kill Bill" where each seat had a slot where the passenger could put their katana. I'd fly that airline. Actually, I actually got a katana on a plane in Japan in 1988 but the stewardess saw it and made me check it before takeoff.

I'm flying next Friday and I am not looking forward to the groping. Does anyone have a list of which US airports have the virtual stripsearch macines? At airports tht don't have them yet do they grope everyone then?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
The freedom's this country once enjoyed are going away because the 'fear card' is played so very often.
I don't know of any terrorist that was caught or terrorist act that was prevented due to being imaged or felt up at the airports.
Maybe the terrorists are winning after all.
I refuse to spend my life in fear. I also refuse to be felt up by strangers. I won't be flying.
People are getting so well conditioned to the fear card you don't even have to wave it too often. The creap has been so slow they have ceased to notice. I have been saying that the terrorists are winning because "we" are obediently going into the sheep pen and those in government who see the chance to exert more control are being allowed to take it.

It's not just one party but both. Both of them are buying the fear card. The thing is that most people, once conditioned, simply can't see that being safe is relative. What if someone with your name gets on the no fly list along with infants and common names and the like? How would you feel then?

It's not true that if you did nothing they can't hurt you. Its even more true that you hurt yourself by swallowing the ideas they want you to. And no matter where or what or how mundane a moment of severe or life threatening, it is ALWAYS a choice.

Since I moved halfway across the counrty a couple of years ago I've traveled back for a visit a few times. But I take the train. The last time I flew, pre-9-11, I had a runin with a secrutiy person who wanted a painting unpacked so they could scan it. It was unpleasent. I haven't felt much like wanting to get on a plane since.

The painting was pushed through the person scanner, and passed and we left but today I'd just have the artist ship it to me. Would be hard to fit it on a train.

Sad thing is as things progress, people get upset but then they get used to it and go on. How things dissapear, with a whimper...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies