Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Anyone who is delusional enough to believe that MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and NPR are anything but propaganda outlets that no longer deserve the title "media sources", are too far gone to even comprehend what is happening around them.

Wake up. Imagine that you are in Nazi Germany and the media is only a propaganda machine for the party in power. You are there now. If only the people in Germany would have paused and actually THOUGHT about the material that was being presented to them by the "mainstream media".

Wake up.
As some have learned from that experience, many have not. It's just too easy to trust government largess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 08:31 PM

785 posts, read 619,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
News has been "created" for profits since a long time now. It is yellow journalism, plain and simple, not a left/right thing.
This was not crafted for profit, it was crafted for political idealogy. It single handedly ruins the credibility of the involved reporters, and from the pathetic and dishonest "explanation", the station manager as well.

It also ruins the credibility of the larger MSM for not reporting on this.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:32 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
Ahhh, so you like the idea of working for, say, $5.00 a day? LOL Now who has the power between a company owner with a job available and hundreds of people wanting that job?
If you mean five dollars, and not dollar bills, I'd JUMP for joy - bad knees and all.
Silver is $25 / ounce, (that's dollar bills)
Five dollars (silver 1 ounce coins) computes to $125 FRNs / day...not bad.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Don't you just love cell phones and butt calls. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Of course they're covering their a**es. But by your last sentence you know very well that I was referring to your not researching enough to learn that CBS does not own or control that station. What is seemingly a minor error on your part, indicates your intent & willingness to slam anything you believe 'leans left', as you clearly believe CBS does. There is a difference between a CBS station and a CBS affiliate. But I think you know that.
Kinda reminds about the local FOX affiliate that went to court and the lefties on here yelled how FOX itself was the culprit. In fact many still do.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Doesn't suprise me one bit. Just more fuel to the fire concerning CBS and their ilk in the industry. I think CBS needs to stick with sports reporting. On second thought, nevermind, they suck at that to.
The annual Big Dance would certainly be a better lot better for those of us who watch it on tv without some of the people CBS uses. Clark Kellogg would be the first one I would like to see go.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is Joe Miller, who wants to abolish the minimum wage?

This actually sounds pretty benign. "According to a transcript posted by Miller’s campaign, a female employee, speaking about an upcoming Miller rally, said: “We know that out of all the people that will show up tonight, at least one of them will be a registered sex offender.”

“You have to find that one person,” a male reporter responded, with laughter audible in the background.

Palin calls Alaska media ‘corrupt bastards’ over leaked voicemail | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

A campaign supporter? So what? Writing an article that says "X, convicted child molester, supports Joe Miller!" would just make the paper look stupid and desperate.

I don't think this is as nefarious as Sarah Palin would have you believe.
I heard Palin talking about nearly not being able to wait until they could play that tape. Of course, coming from her that wouldn't be so bad for libs and their media friends.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:31 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
This was not crafted for profit, it was crafted for political idealogy. It single handedly ruins the credibility of the involved reporters, and from the pathetic and dishonest "explanation", the station manager as well.

It also ruins the credibility of the larger MSM for not reporting on this.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. What happened to the "pimp" reporter in that story?
Nothing in relationship to the story..
Quote:
Ahhh, so you like the idea of working for, say, $5.00 a day? LOL Now who has the power between a company owner with a job available and hundreds of people wanting that job?
You are willing to work for $5.00 a day? Trust me, I'm laughing harder than you are...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Simple solution turn off the news. they all make it up... Fox is so the same in spades. Just turn them off... problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies