Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 08:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,243,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Trash Obama all you want, but this is a fact: His approval rating is higher than Reagan's at the same point in his first term, and much higher than Bush's during his last couple of years in office.
Come on and compare Bush after two years like you do Obama. Are you afeared to do that one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 08:39 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That's exactly what we already know, people would rather go to church or watch a football game than see this POTUS. People have priorities and meeting Obama isn't high on the list anymore for most of America.
So you mean to tell me when Obama was campaigning and his first days in office, people would drop whatever they was doing to go see Obama? Naw I don't think that's how it worked or ever did for that matter for any president

Old 10-31-2010, 08:41 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,457,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
this is about obama, not Reagan or Bush or Lincoln DUH
Unless we're talking about 911, then you'll bring up Clinton. Or if we talk about the housing crisis, then you'll do the same thing...etc etc

Statistical data is often compared to that of the old. In this case the poster is merely pairing the two to give an idea of the American psyche then and possibly now. This makes sense and is within context of the topic; where you guys passing the buck is anything but.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
So you mean to tell me when Obama was campaigning and his first days in office, people would drop whatever they was doing to go see Obama? Naw I don't think that's how it worked or ever did for that matter for any president
I have always wondered if many didn't mob him in his campaign appearances to hear him talk about Hope and Change hoping he really meant what he was ranting about. I think that those that were interviewed right after voting and proved they didn't know much about him or his opponents proved that they would have gone to hear him preach Hopenchange before they went out for a BM.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:43 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,457,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That's exactly what we already know, people would rather go to church or watch a football game than see this POTUS. People have priorities and meeting Obama isn't high on the list anymore for most of America.
Guess you missed the part about 35,000 prior.

Again another point missed, just like the OP...but what do you expect from a group of people who watch a video of a girl being assaulted and then claim she "charged" the attackers? Is anybody to really believe that you can come to a logical conclusion after reading something? ha!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:45 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,845,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Come on, during the election the Obamanuts were some of the craziest nutbags around. They would stand in line for hours to get a peak at the messiah.

I rest my case.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20101031/i/r1433985915.jpg?x=400&y=281&q=85&sig=7grl1y.8Qbw2m 2nWp9m6SQ-- (broken link)

Black Man Gets on His Knees Next to Vehicle Reportedly Carrying President Obama in Chicago | The Hinterland Gazette

Old 10-31-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Thin Crowd For Obama Campaign Rally

Obama wrapped up a weekend of last-minute campaigning in Ohio on Sunday, addressing Democrats in an indoor arena that, in a sign of the “enthusiasm gap” that the president is working so hard to close, was little more than half full.
THEY didn't have anything to say about the topic so I will come back later and look at what THEY are saying.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:46 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,845,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Another point missed, just like the OP...but what do you expect from a group of people who watch a video of a girl being assaulted and then claim she "charged" the attackers? Is anybody to really believe that you can come to a logical conclusion after reading something? ha!
Just because you were making an ignorant point doesn't mean anyone missed it. You = fail again.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:52 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,021,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Unless we're talking about 911, then you'll bring up Clinton. Or if we talk about the housing crisis, then you'll do the same thing...etc etc

Statistical data is often compared to that of the old. In this case the poster is merely pairing the two to give an idea of the American psyche then and possibly now. This makes sense and is within context of the topic; where you guys passing the buck is anything but.
what the freak are you talking about but but but unless we are talking about viet nam you will bring uo Kennedy or Johnson or blah blah blah

Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,082,848 times
hussein obama has even lost most of the wackos on the left. Now that's saying something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies