Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,891 times

Advertisements

California Jewel -- no offense but you sure like that "Cool Aide Comment" - is this a marketing ploy????
A_Lexus: Look I appreciate you agreeing with my comment on Obama but don't get carried away I'm not Anti-Republican. I'd guess there are about the same number of republicans who appreciate Obama as there are Democrats who appreciate Gingrich. I remember as a child "Parochial and Public". Irrational differences created by being a part of a group. Individually or as a group we have to make individual choices and for me that was and still is Obama -- as far as best President -- wow that is a stretch. Every President has his best moment and has his worst. He faced economic disaster -- how about the threat to our "Democracy", "The Free World", or our own civil rights -- Are any of the presidents who have addressed those issues be less than also the best. He is a man of conviction and his shadow is felt in every corner of the world because he represents the best of all of us and so long as he performs his duties with that in mind the clamor of those who may disagree doesn't bother me. Results cause you to either move in a forward direction or backwards but in a time of crisis most feel anything is better than standing still. I like someone who puts hic back to the wheel and even though it may be uphill he exerts all of his efforts to get it going in the right direction. Anybody out there who disagrees must be on Gatorade -- whatever that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
I remember Obama pre-election and the few who chose to run in the face of what was to be a crisis of monumental proportion. How many really wanted to tarnish their wings or would have the courage to face almost certain disaster. I remember the reports of failure in the markets would lead to the faltering of the entire US Monetary and Market system. You sometimes can delay the inevitable but inevitably you cannot delay the inevitable. Whose up to bat when the last out is made? Who fumbles the ball with seconds to play when your on the 1 yard line? Who shanks the ball into the rough with one green to play in an important tournament? Running a country is not the same as performing individually or with a team there is a whole lot that can go wrong and not just as a result of one man's actions. So here is what I am trying to say. Thank you Mr. Obama and crew for hanging in there when the going got tough and though you may not seem to be appreciated I appreciated you and your teams efforts. This is from a registered Republican who saw the Republican picnic and really wouldn't care to see it again.
Noted.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
I remember Obama pre-election and the few who chose to run in the face of what was to be a crisis of monumental proportion. How many really wanted to tarnish their wings or would have the courage to face almost certain disaster. I remember the reports of failure in the markets would lead to the faltering of the entire US Monetary and Market system. You sometimes can delay the inevitable but inevitably you cannot delay the inevitable. Whose up to bat when the last out is made? Who fumbles the ball with seconds to play when your on the 1 yard line? Who shanks the ball into the rough with one green to play in an important tournament? Running a country is not the same as performing individually or with a team there is a whole lot that can go wrong and not just as a result of one man's actions. So here is what I am trying to say. Thank you Mr. Obama and crew for hanging in there when the going got tough and though you may not seem to be appreciated I appreciated you and your teams efforts. This is from a registered Republican who saw the Republican picnic and really wouldn't care to see it again.
A "registered Republican" doesn't make you a conservative. A true conservative wouldn't find the ideals or actions of Barack Obama satisfactory.

I won't even go into the fact that when Barack Obama filed for candidacy,we were not yet in the Great Recession. So all this jibberish about Obama running in the face of a crisis was not what he signed up to do. In fact, after September 2008, he had to change his message to accommodate the crisis that was unfolding. Prior to that, the message was all about Unicorns Shcitting Skittles and all other things Hopey Changey that you fell for.

Why don't you go ahead and admit you're a liberal who's as easily conned as the rest of your brethren? You'll feel better in the morning for getting it off your chest.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:22 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
“He will forever be known as the president who signed indefinite detention without charge or trial into law.â€

ACLU trashes Obama over indefinite detention and torture act — RT

Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
This is what's frightening. The blatant hero worship. When a politician becomes someone that folks gush over, we're heading down a very dangerous road. Look back in history to the leaders that folks gushed over and worshiped.

Obama's done nothing in his two years, other than adding trillions in debt for programs that have accomplished absolutely nothing.

The programs that have added 'trillions' to the national debt are mostly non-discretionary and war. If you're worried about national debt you should be quaking in your boots at the thought of Gingrich or Romney as President

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Registered republican. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
I was wonder how long it would take before one of the right-wingers would make that statement, thanks for jumping right in and not changing the typical trend.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I just lost my breakfast. OP should know better than to worship a mere flawed community organizer with a tainted background of drug use and chumming about with Marxists and domestic terrorists.
So says the Paul cult member

Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, Obama barely has half the Dems behind him.
Poll: Dems split over handing Obama '12 nomination - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101030/ap_on_el_pr/us_ap_poll_obama - broken link)
Talk about wishful thinking.
Your wakeup call will be coming in November when the People of the United States of America re-elect Obama into office.
You do know none of your clowns for the GOP clown circus can win, don;t you, but hey, enjoy your fanatsy, it will cme crashing down around you soon enough

Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 PM

281 posts, read 256,233 times
Quote:
Obama - The man is a Scourge and should be Convicted.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:50 PM

281 posts, read 256,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Talk about wishful thinking.
Your wakeup call will be coming in November when the People of the United States of America re-elect Obama into office.
You do know none of your clowns for the GOP clown circus can win, don;t you, but hey, enjoy your fanatsy, it will cme crashing down around you soon enough
What a load of malarkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies