Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
This great leader, this great man, this human piece of excrement.

US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Doesn't even have the courage to stay home and face the music. Yet you still blindly follow this fool. for you.
You really need to back this up, please.

Maybe the Indian author of the piece miscalculated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times
An expenditure like this, during the financial hardship the US is facing, is arrogant, elitist, and unwarranted. This is why we have Hillary.

This is merely another junket for this guy and for taxpayers to foot the bill. BO should be in DC working on unemployment solutions and working to end those wars over in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. He should be calling all of the winners in today's election and planning to meet with them to really begin a bipartisan effort to seriously solve the problems of this nation.

The more this guy hangs around, the more he shows himself to be a "taker" and not a "giver". This guy is going to "crash and burn" and show himself to be the worst Presdient ever elected in the history of the US. And he had a real opportunity to make a difference. What a shame of missed opportunities and phony baloney from the most important political office in the world.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
An expenditure like this, during the financial hardship the US is facing, is arrogant, elitist, and unwarranted. This is why we have Hillary.

This is merely another junket for this guy and for taxpayers to foot the bill. BO should be in DC working on unemployment solutions and working to end those wars over in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. He should be calling all of the winners in today's election and planning to meet with them to really begin a bipartisan effort to seriously solve the problems of this nation.

The more this guy hangs around, the more he shows himself to be a "taker" and not a "giver". This guy is going to "crash and burn" and show himself to be the worst Presdient ever elected in the history of the US. And he had a real opportunity to make a difference. What a shame of missed opportunities and phony baloney from the most important political office in the world.
How do you know that amount is correct?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:34 PM

857 posts, read 2,002,375 times
This thread is a great example of groupthink and anti-obama hysteria. Jump on the bandwagon with your pitchforks and torches folks!

Please - and i know this is a lot to ask of you neocons - THINK! Think for just one minute.

Not only about the credibility of the source, but the actual report itself. You really think that a presidential state trip is going to cost more per day than the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined? With over 100k troops, contractors, and security forces - not to mention, um, the arsenal of equipment?

Terrifying what people will believe...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Well... that number goes up every post.

BTW... Reporters who fly on government transport (to include AF1) actually pay the equivalent of 1st Class fair plus $1.
If true that would be interesting.. Have anything to backup this? I've looked and couldnt confirm it. I know this has happened with all presidents, just something wrong with it.. People shout for seperation of church and state, but where is the seperation of freedom of press and government?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Forget the title; read the story with some UNDERSTANDING!

An un-named, anonymous, Indian state "official" pulls a number out of thin air and that's all there is to this "story." There's nothing else! Heck, he may not even exist!

And y'all act like it's the end of the friggin' world!

Boy, this sure would be a good time to be a politician. People will believe ANYTHING, no matter how outrageous, no matter how unlikely, no matter how unsubstantiated. All ya gotta do is whisper, "Hey...didja hear? Somebody said...." and the mobs are off and running.

With voters like this, I doubt our country will survive another week.
I've read the story with the very same understanding.. This "story" is the same type of story written by other anonymous sources..
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You really need to back this up, please.

Maybe the Indian author of the piece miscalculated.
Quote:
So we have you on record, agreeing that if the sum is correct, it would be excessive?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
This thread is a great example of groupthink and anti-obama hysteria. Jump on the bandwagon with your pitchforks and torches folks!

Please - and i know this is a lot to ask of you neocons - THINK! Think for just one minute.

Not only about the credibility of the source, but the actual report itself. You really think that a presidential state trip is going to cost more per day than the Iraq and Afghanistan wars comboned? With over 100k troops, contractors, and security focreds - not to mention, um, the arsenal of equipment?

Terrifying what people will believe...
haha, someone telling people to think, and then comparing the cost of the wars in Iraq, which is hundreds of BILLIONS, and calling it equal to the story which is hundreds of MILLIONS..

Do you notice a difference between millions, and billions?

Btw, no one jumped on any bandwagon or pitchforks, the cost was questioned by both liberals and cosnervatives...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If true that would be interesting.. Have anything to backup this? I've looked and couldnt confirm it. I know this has happened with all presidents, just something wrong with it.. People shout for seperation of church and state, but where is the seperation of freedom of press and government?
I toured the Ronald Reagan Library just this last Saturday. It's undergoing renovation for the centennial of Reagan's birth next year, so the only things open were the Oval Office, Air Force 1, the miniature White House and his grave.

It was part of the Air Force 1 tour that they pointed out that Reporters always pay to travel on Air Force 1. First Class + $1.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:48 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times
Quote:

I don't care how much it is here. I am certain it is in the millions. The point I make is he shouldn't be going anywhere when he could be in the US solving problems here.

It's not all about the money. It is about what he is doing and what he is not doing to help this country out of the economic slump and the resulting unemployment. The guy has wasted more money than I have ever witnessed by any President.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
It's not all about the money. It is about what he is doing and what he is not doing to help this country out of the economic slump and the resulting unemployment. The guy has wasted more money than I have ever witnessed by any President.
Sooooooooo.... it's not about the money. It's about the... money?

Is that what you're trying to say?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:54 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
What about all the money wasted/spent by cheney aka shooter in the face and his sidekick gwb aka bubba? All those smart/intelligent young people dead in the desert/maimed in the vet hospitals for nothing/hatred of other people. Downright WRONG and completely un-AMERICAN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies