Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,665,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I wouldn't know because I don't watch David Letterman. Furthermore, I don't discuss her appearance. I also thought the whole one night stand article about Christine O'Donnel was tacky so don't make assumptions about me. There have been many rude comments and attacks on Michelle Obama and Nancy Pelosi as well so it's no less common on the right as it is on the left. What do you do when someone makes rude comments about the FLOTUS? What about their family? What about the possibilty that his children see those awful signs with his head on a wich doctor's body or a Hitler moustache? He said she was in a trance, he did not make a sexist remark or talk about her physical characteristics. It wasn't that serious so I am not sure why you are comparing it to the Sarah Pailin thing and why you only appear to defend Republican women.
What TV commentator has made similar comments to or about FLOTUS or her children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 12:37 AM

379 posts, read 210,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Matyhews has been a very agnry man lately and from what i saw tonight he seened confused;dazzed and was pretty disgusted with democrats. He realises that this is one quick swing being in the middle of a presidents first term. The numbers maybe a record for losss in the house tonight.Barely hold a senate majority in the other house of congress.
Amazing. I saw the interview, too, and it wasn't Matthews who looked "dazzed." Bachmann looked like a zombie or maybe she was already drunk by the time the interview took place. Who knows? She certainly appeared to be "in another world"........glassy eyes, staring straight into the camera, and repeating her talking points and totally ignoring the questions he asked her. LOL She was a hoot! I LMAO at her "dazzed" and confused appearance.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:42 AM

379 posts, read 210,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
And as the consumate, progressive media professional he is, all he could do was attack her physical appearance.

What a MAN!
Well, she did look weird. Really. The woman was standing there, very stiff, staring straight into the camera with glassy eyes, with anything but natural composure. I've seen her before on TV. She didn't look like she did tonight. It's not like Matthews said she was "ugly." He asked her if she had been hypnotized because the woman behaved strangely and did not respond to the questions she was asked. She was behaving in a very strange manner and she frankly looked like she was in an altered state.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:10 AM

45,130 posts, read 26,303,081 times
Openly mocking a candidate and her constituency is what passes for credible journalism with you people?

Bachman took the high road and didn't play into Mattews taunts while Olberman giggled like a school girl in the background.

And yes Maddow, the public has caught on to the fact that NBC and MSNBC are in the tank for the Dem's.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 11-03-2010 at 04:23 AM..

Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,939,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Openly mocking candidate and her constituency is what passes for credible journalism with you people?

Bachman took the high road and didn't play into Mattews taunts while Olberman giggled like a school girl in the background.

And yes Maddow, the public has caught on to the fact that NBC and MSNBC are in the tank for the Dem's.

So evident is their disdain (and disappointment in the huge sweeping loss) that they cannot contain themselves. They're crying their eyes out right now. The Republicans have taken the House and gained a hefty number of seats in the Senate.

Goodbye Demoncrat majority!!

Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 AM

785 posts, read 618,323 times
Quote:
I wouldn't know because I don't watch David Letterman. Furthermore, I don't discuss her appearance. I also thought the whole one night stand article about Christine O'Donnel was tacky so don't make assumptions about me. There have been many rude comments and attacks on Michelle Obama and Nancy Pelosi as well so it's no less common on the right as it is on the left. What do you do when someone makes rude comments about the FLOTUS? What about their family? What about the possibilty that his children see those awful signs with his head on a wich doctor's body or a Hitler moustache? He said she was in a trance, he did not make a sexist remark or talk about her physical characteristics. It wasn't that serious so I am not sure why you are comparing it to the Sarah Pailin thing and why you only appear to defend Republican women.
Your arguments are lacking consistency. First, I thought it was fairly obvious, but maybe not to you, that you do not encompass the liberal world. I was talking a tone and events that exist in the world of liberalism, and I backed it up. Simply because you do not watch Letterman is irrelevant. I am sure you have heard of this media powerhouse known as David Letterman, yeah? He is a well known liberal, powerful in the media, so my example works. Because you mention you do not watch him does nothing but avoid the facts, as is ironic given your chosen name. You also have yet to answer the question: What about the fact that many liberals have made fun of Sarah Palin's appearance. YOu condemn it when it happens to Mrs Obama, so is it not morally and logically consistent to also condemn it when it happens to Mrs Palin? You didn't asnwer that, maybe now you will.

As to the issue of put downs of Mrs Obama's appearance, they are morally wrong. I never denied that, and that wasn't the question. Please try and pay attention and not put words in someone's mouth. YOu keep losing here for a reason.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
What TV commentator has made similar comments to or about FLOTUS or her children?
its so odd isn't it? No liberal has stepped up to answer this question. Hey libs, its well noted you avoided this.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,949,300 times
I'm not a fan of hers, but I thought it was pretty clear that she could only hear bits and pieces of what he was saying through the crowd noise. Hence the somewhat strange answers.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
Rep. Michele Bachmann is such a Doll.

She did seem like she was in a trace, but no left eye wink? Too bad!

OT - I know Minnesota has many lakes. I wonder if she has spent any time at China Lake?
You're a moderator? expressing liberal beliefs? I knew the mods here were liberal!

This post won't see the light of day, and I'm sure my others will be scrubbed.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
YOU:
It wasn't that serious so I am not sure why you are comparing it to the Sarah Pailin thing and why you only appear to defend Republican women

ME:
Hey, did you miss this part of my post?

Its sad and uncalled for. Liberals have some explaining to do for any and all attacks on her family, just like any and all attacks on a Democrats family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies