Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

I said the teachers and professors are pseudo-liberal. They don't really care about minorities or the constitutional republic. Collectivism is their modus operandi. The far right Christian Republicans are the same. Same group of people with different names; deliberate and contrived to perpetuate collectivism and halt all individualism and freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Then what explains the Republican party's voting record where they all vote the same way? No free thinkers there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 12:45 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
If California can ban Palin's books and Happy Meal toys I'm sure it's within Iowa's right to get rid of judges who do not represent the majority of Iowan citizens.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
And at the end of the day "the people" are having their freedom eroded away. Both parties taking part in eroding the freedoms of the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
If California can ban Palin's books and Happy Meal toys I'm sure it's within Iowa's right to get rid of judges who do not represent the majority of Iowan citizens.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:02 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And at the end of the day "the people" are having their freedom eroded away. Both parties taking part in eroding the freedoms of the people.
Pretending that gays are somehow oppressed isn't working. Maybe we shouldn't take away people's right and freedom to kill their neighbors then, too?

Old 11-04-2010, 01:28 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
As far as I care anyone can do what they want but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it and it sure doesn't mean it's right or normal either.
Just because some people accept the mental disorder as normal sure doesn't mean the rest of us have to and it darn sure doesn't prove it's normal.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:32 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Judges are not there to represent anyone. They are there to interpret the law as it is currently enacted. Voting off judges you do not like does not change the law.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:46 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
There seems to be such a large portion of the population who DON'T understand that, it makes me wonder what is being taught in schools - both public and private - about the founding of this country and the way our government is supposed to work.
That's odd ....to me it is abundantly clear what is being taught in the public schools today, considering the portion of the population that DOESN'T understand the simple fact that the institution of marriage is for a man and a woman.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Interesting how the haters of Christians always pull out the most obscure things they can find in the Old Testament because they have no understanding of the covenant in the New Testament. I don't know whether to find it amusing or to feel pity for their ignorance.
Apparently those Christians who keep pulling out an obscure verse from Leviticus to try to condemn all homosexuals have no understanding of the covenant in the New Testament either.

So.... Do you find that amusing or do you feel pity for their ignorance?

Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
That's odd ....to me it is abundantly clear what is being taught in the public schools today, considering the portion of the population that DOESN'T understand the simple fact that the institution of marriage is for a man and a woman.

Well CorwnVic, that's because in more civilized parts of the world, where individual freedoms are actually valued and promoted, marriage is NOT defined as "an instutition for a man and a woman."

Indeed, countries that are doing quite well economically, socially and health wise (such as our neighbor to the North), has marriage for man-woman, man-man, and woman-woman. In fact, in our very own country, there are some states that have legal gay marriage.

In the end, it will be the usual backwards states with the sorriest social indicators that will be the last to implement gay marriage (if ever).... ya know, those solid conservative states with the highest out of wedlock births, teen pregnancies, fat kids, least educated populaces, most crimes, most welfare recipients, etc. etc. etc. Common thread: a stubborn unwillingness to open their minds in more ways than one.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:34 PM

16 posts, read 10,283 times
the fact stands, Americans dont want gay marriages, all you girly men and butch girls might want to look into another country if you care so much about being accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies