Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And you could write a hundred more paragraphs or a hundred more pages and it wouldn't at all change the fact that marriage is an institution for a man and a woman.

Nor would it persuade society at large to accept and embrace homosexual relationships as normal and equal to heterosexual relationships, which is the main objective in the gay agenda.

so because someone is born gay that means that they don't deserve the same rights as you? saying something is only for YOUR orientation when our relationships are JUST as valid is unconstitutional. what do you expect gay people to do.. have STRAIGHT marriages?

we don't care about your 'acceptance'. this issue has nothing to do with YOU and our relationships are not about YOU> get over yourself. also our lives already ARE normal, whether you know it or not is your problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 06:25 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Around 54 percent of Iowans voted not to retain each of the three judges: Supreme Court Chief Justice Marsha Ternus and associate justices Michael J. Streit and David L. Baker. The campaign for the judges ouster was based on the court’s unanimous 2009 ruling that legalized same-sex marriage in Iowa."

Iowans vote to oust all three Supreme Court justices | Iowa Independent
Good deal

Old 11-15-2011, 06:38 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
No wonder the right calls the left smug---the right is just full of morons who just don't get it.
Priceless!

Old 11-15-2011, 06:46 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
so because someone is born gay that means that they don't deserve the same rights as you? saying something is only for YOUR orientation when our relationships are JUST as valid is unconstitutional. what do you expect gay people to do.. have STRAIGHT marriages?

we don't care about your 'acceptance'. this issue has nothing to do with YOU and our relationships are not about YOU> get over yourself. also our lives already ARE normal, whether you know it or not is your problem
I don't expect people who have been convinced that they're "gay" to do anything....except to get out of my face with their demands for conformity of thought and acceptance of perverse sexual behavior.

You don't care about 'acceptance'? Yep - 569 posts, the vast majority of which have been demands for attention to and acceptance of your "gayness". (Shaking head) I don't know who you think you're trying to kid.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:14 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I don't expect people who have been convinced that they're "gay" to do anything....except to get out of my face with their demands for conformity of thought and acceptance of perverse sexual behavior.

You don't care about 'acceptance'? Yep - 569 posts, the vast majority of which have been demands for attention to and acceptance of your "gayness". (Shaking head) I don't know who you think you're trying to kid.
NO ONE is demanding ANYTHING from YOU. we're asking you to get OUT OF OUR way. gay marriage is constitutional and at the the constitutional level already legal. it's people like YOU that are getting in the way OF INNOCENT COUPLES relationships and legal status.

and ahole, being gay is NOT a choice and is NOT a behavior. and since i'm a virgin i'm just dying for you to tell me what perverse sexual behavior you're referring too?

have you had sex? if you have than you're much more PERVERSE than I am.

and the reason i'm 'convinced' i;m gay is because i've never experienced NOT BEING GAy. so i'm kinda convinced by the reatlity of the situation.

oh yeah, people like you don't let reality stop them.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
Who cares? Anyomne that gets worked up over what gay people do is probably gay themselves and can't deal with it.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:13 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
If a man marries another man---why does it bother you? I don't like seafood and I can't understand how people can get past that fishy taste.. but who am I to tell people to NOT eat fish because I disagree with it.

It's stupid.

Anyone who opposes gay americans having equal rights, are stupid.

Sorry that the "happy white Christian America" isn't turning out the way you all planned.
The reason is, the definition of marriage, is traditionally, a union between a man and a woman.

No one is saying you Cannot marry, they are saying you cannot alter the meaning of the word, And marry someone who isn't of the opposite sex.

BTW, I understand your angry because like a child, you aren't getting your way, when you want it, but stating that
Quote:
Anyone who opposes gay americans having equal rights, are stupid.
is inane.

First off , you have equal rights. You simply want MORE rights, or you want those rights we currently have altered to encompass what YOU want.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
so you don't believe that judges should follow the constitution? banning gay marriage is unconstitutional. it's not 'legislating from the bench' it's called following the constitution.
Homosexual is not mention in the constitution. The notion that a bunch of 19th century rich, more or less religious white men would write an amendment that could remotely be seen as allowing homosexual marriage is laughable on its face.

Modern day liberals have distorted the 14th amendment so far beyond its explicit intent, enfranchishing the freed slaves.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt;
First off , you have equal rights. You simply want MORE rights, or you want those rights we currently have altered to encompass what YOU want.

Back when blacks couldn't marry whites, there were "equal rights" for blacks and whites.

The law applied equally: All people had to marry inside their race. The definition of marriage was "one man, one woman, of the same race."

People in interracial relationships were NOT afforded equal rights of those NOT in interracial relationships. They could not marry, by condition of an innate characteristic of their being that had no bearing on their fitness to enter into or carry out the responsibilities of the civil marriage CONTRACT (that's all it is folks. It's why you go to court, and not the church, to get a divorce).

When people decided that marriage should be opened up to people of any race marrying any other race, it was not the creation of MORE rights, or SPECIAL rights. It was correcting a WRONG.

While I'm sure the vast majority of conservatives on this board would love to go back to the days when interracial marriages were banned, you realize that as with miscegenation laws, segregated schools, witch hunts and the inquisition, you are on the wrong side of history (and against the grain of Western Civilization) on this issue. Younger folk just have to wait for the older folk to die off and take their antiquated opinions with them to their graves.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 AM

58 posts, read 52,452 times
If two consenting adults wish to get married, they should be allowed, it does not affect anyone else in any way. I can't even understand what the issue is with this anymore, except that some people feel that their way of life is threatened, which it isn't. Don't want a gay marriage don't get one. Also, I don't know what all this talk of the "in your face" gayness is, I know several gay people and have never encountered this, hell one of my best friends to this day came out to me when we were 13. I think some people stay inside and watch way too much television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies