Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:28 PM

150 posts, read 426,177 times

Advertisements

[quote=marcopolo;16512296]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post

Yes, I'm ideological about the finest set of organizing principles that any society ever stumbled upon: economic freedom and the market system. WHy? Because they offer the surest path to a prosperous future.
AMEN brother. My sentiments exactly.

I hate playing the left right D/R games. But every time I analyze an issue, the correct answer is the conservative one, while the liberal answer always makes problems worse.

That being said, I am liberal on social issues. I would have voted for O'Donnell if I lived in Delaware, but her anti-masturbation thing was just weird. I don't want the government involved in my life more than necessary, and that involves not only taxes and regulations, but drugs, abortion and what goes on in my house as well.

Why can't we take a look at the constitution and get the country running the way it's supposed to be run By following the constitution. Economic freedom and the market system will fix America and if the government would just let it work ALL Americans would be better off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:28 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Hey guys, get over it! Like bill clinton said, "The Era of Big Government is over"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Tea Party "smaller govt...more jobs". If you cut federal jobs, what are you going to replace them with...will not unemployment then go up? Please explain.

"We have tried spending money; we are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work," he told two senior congressional Democrats. "I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. . . After eight years of this administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started . . . and an enormous debt to boot!"

Money for nothing won't grow the economy - The Boston Globe

The only person who got a long-term job from the New Deal was FDR.

Last edited by momonkey; 11-03-2010 at 05:31 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Our government cannot afford all those salaries, benefits and pensions.
Many new jobs were created with each spending bill; they weren't temporary.
I wonder what those workers are doing now that the money is spent and paperwork is put to bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies