Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The green party is an official party. The tea party are nothing but the far right wing evangelical lunatic fringe of the republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This above all, is the frightening truth.
Even more frightening is liberals who have to make up bull crap to then argue and attack. Where do you get their religious affiliation of the tea party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Us who are LIBERAL are part of the Democratic Party but it is more a marriage of convenience than it is a real liking. The Democrats are too conservative for my likes but right now, they are only car we have to travel in to get to liberalism.
exactly

the libaeral are not the same as democrats, but will go along for the ride, because its the only ride there sometimes....the same for the conservatives to the republicans, or the greens, rtl, workers, etc

more than 2 things get tricky for people to vote, so parties hitch a ride with the closest to them

rep for ya kev.... at least you are knowledgable to admit it

Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You have clearly made my point. You cannot explain it either. BTW...My OP was a rhetorical question. I know full well that the Tea Party was hijacked by the Republicans whetether they like or or not...I just don't get how everyone does not see this fact.

Ah, I see...so this is a troll thread.

Next

Old 11-03-2010, 12:26 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Of course, you are wrong like the OP and DVD360. You all guess what you think the Tea Party stands for, and make assumtions on those guesses. To clear it up a bit for you the Tea Party backs people that stand by their oath to support the Constitution, and those people who also want less government control of our lives. Their political party has nothing to do with it. It just so happens that most Dems don't take their 'oath of office' very seriously after they are elected. But there are Republicans who don't either.

If I am so wrong, then show me a candidate that the tea party endorsed that wasn't a Repubilcan (Republicans pretending to be Independent don't count). I have heard about what the tea party stands for which is a bunch of demands with no concrete ideas on how to meet them. I am not impressed.

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They of course claimed victory last night because they were victorious.. The tea party candidates WON.. Can you name ONE tea party candidate that lost?

Ignoring reality is just ignorant, but because tea party candidates won, and Republicans also won, that doesnt mean they are the same.. Thats like claiming that Obama won an election, Hitler won an election, so they must be the same..
Well, right off the bat without looking anything up, how about Sharon Angle, Christine O'Donnell, John Raese, Miller in Alaska and it looks like Buck in Colorado? Is Fox news not running that part of the results?

EDIT--I forgot Linda McMahon--all the big name races that Palin got involved with.

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default Please explain how the Tea Party is not the Republican Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Us who are LIBERAL are part of the Democratic Party but it is more a marriage of convenience than it is a real liking. The Democrats are too conservative for my likes but right now, they are only car we have to travel in to get to liberalism.
You are certainly entitled to your feelings and opinions, misguided as they are. However, if you feel that way, you are living in the wrong country, you need to move to China or Russia. I understand what you are saying, this government can only give you what it takes from someone else.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
You Progressives are so narrowly focused and wound up tight, you look past all the people that the tea party movement put into office, that were not limelight candidates.

The Governors races were something, saying the States are going to get their rights back.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Repubs are right of center, the TPers are also right of center, to believe that the TP is anything but a subgroup of the GOP is ludicrous. Now it is time for the right to put up with their many promises or will they be shown to be nothing more than whiners without any viable ideas. For those that believed the promise that healthcare reform will be killed, forget it any such bill will never get past the Senate or the Whitehouse and might have a heck of a time passing in the House. So when can we expect the big turn around in the economy, when will we balance the budget, when education get fixed, when will SS get repaired, when will we balance the budget, when will we ......? I am thinking we give the GOP as long as they gave President Obama, about six months.
Casper
The did not even give Obama six days. I'm going to do a search on CD when I get the chance. Like you, I'm going to wait for the GOP/Tea Party to perform their promised miracles. Having the tables turned again will be quite interesting and supporters of these crooks and liars should be shown no mercy as we eagerly await for the party that tanked us to make it right. So far, I've only heard their expected platitudes and rhetoric with still no real ideas. The only thing that the agree on is making Obama a one term POTUS. Their power grabbing and kissing corporate ass is what they are concerned with and that is all.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-03-2010 at 12:40 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default Please explain how the Tea Party is not the Republican Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They of course claimed victory last night because they were victorious.. The tea party candidates WON.. Can you name ONE tea party candidate that lost?

Ignoring reality is just ignorant, but because tea party candidates won, and Republicans also won, that doesnt mean they are the same.. Thats like claiming that Obama won an election, Hitler won an election, so they must be the same..
Now you're going too far. Hilter & Obama arn't the same. Just pretty close to the same.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:36 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Six days, this mess started before he won. The birther movement and all the fear mongering started before he was even elected. They cringed at the thought of him winning, they purposely used his middle name to scare people, they called him a terrorist, the said that he would have an informal inauguration dinner with fried chicken. They passed emails with photoshopped pictures of watermelons on the whitehouse lawn. When he won, they said they wanted him to fail. They got upset because he put his feet on the desk in the oval office and over bills that he extended that were created under previous administrations but were no problem then. Now if the shift in power helps to move the country forward, I'm all for it but the tea party and their crazy nut job candidates are full of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies