Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The title of the article is A LIE... But its the same Huffington POS that you guys keep reading. I would wish you guys would stop reading news stories that LIE to you about what was said, but for some odd reason you guys seem to be attracted to it...
Sorry, Bush said "Yes." to "You told Laura it was the worst moment of your presidency?" You'd think he'd be bright enough to have learned to be specific after all these years, but not quite yet. But you all want him back... "fun to have a beer with". Is that a euphemism for "one of us"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 06:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Bush NBC Interview: Being Called A Racist By Kanye West The Worst Moment Of My Presidency

That's right folks, 9/11, Iraq, Katrina, the housing bubble and financial crisis ain't got nothing, and I mean NOTHING on getting your feelings hurt by Kanye West.

Obama's been called much worse by the Right. Time will tell whether or not this name-calling will constitute the nadir of his presidency.

One thing's for sure, Democrats certainly don't seem to have a monopoly on self-victimization.
Probably because he was watching it on TV and didn't do any thing to help those people. He had "Brownie" on it and he didn't have a clue where New Orleans was. I think one of the ice trucks is still riding around looking for it.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:27 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
loozy, try googling the quote in the title of this thread. then come back and tell us your results.

m'kay?
i see loozy is studiously ignoring this. has she lost her famous frantic googling skills?

Old 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Why do people criticize Bush for his response to Katrina anyway?

The feds got well over 50,000 people out of there in 6 days. Contrary to what people think, it was by far the most sucessful rescue mission in history.

People of New Orleans and the U.S. should praise Bush for his response to Katrina. It could easily have ended up with tens of thousands dead. Thankfully, because of George W. Bush the damage was mitigated.
You probably wouldn't be saying that if you were on your roof for six days. Or perhaps your mother or father died waiting to be saved. How about if you were lucky enough to sleep on I-10.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
wonders if he cried when kanye interupted taylor swift ROTFL

Old 11-03-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Why do people criticize Bush for his response to Katrina anyway?

The feds got well over 50,000 people out of there in 6 days. Contrary to what people think, it was by far the most sucessful rescue mission in history.

People of New Orleans and the U.S. should praise Bush for his response to Katrina. It could easily have ended up with tens of thousands dead. Thankfully, because of George W. Bush the damage was mitigated.
How could it have easily ended up with tens of thousands dead? And, except for Bush?! The people who were going to drown had already drowned, even before the National Guard came in (two days after they were requested, on Sept. 1.
Wednesday, August 31, 11:20 AM - Bahamonde e-mailed Brown, "Sir, I know that you know the situation is past critical . . . thousands gathering in the streets with no food or water . . . estimates are many will die within hours."

At 2:27 p.m., however, Brown press secretary Sharon Worthy wrote colleagues to schedule an interview for Brown on MSNBC's "Scarborough Country" and to give him more time to eat dinner because Baton Rouge restaurants were getting busy: "He needs much more that 20 or 30 minutes."

Bahamonde e-mailed a friend to "just tell [Worthy] that I just ate an MRE . . . along with 30,000 other close friends so I understand her concern."
Aide Says FEMA Ignored Warnings - washingtonpost.com
Friday, Sept. 2 -“Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott’s house — he’s lost his entire house — there’s going to be a fantastic house. And I’m looking forward to sitting on the porch.†Time called the remarks “astonishingly tone-deaf to the homeless black citizens still trapped in the postapocalyptic water world of New Orleans.â€
ThinkProgress » KATRINA TIMELINE

See also Wikipedia Katrina Timeline

Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
To me, George W. Bush was a mediocre president, and among the worst two-term presidents (Hello, Woodrow Wilson and Lyndon B. Johnson!), but saying that he was "terrible" or "the worst ever" is total overkill.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha Ha!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"All in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." - Dec. 20, 2001
“Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott’s house — he’s lost his entire house — there’s going to be a fantastic house. And I’m looking forward to sitting on the porch.” - Friday, Sept. 2, 2005

Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Probably because he was watching it on TV and didn't do any thing to help those people. He had "Brownie" on it and he didn't have a clue where New Orleans was. I think one of the ice trucks is still riding around looking for it.

They finally found it. They delivered water. By then everyone had plenty of water, but the Presidential ice/water truck finally found New Orleans.

Pres. Bush mistakenly sent it to California first, I heard.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Five pages on a false premise???!!!...good grief it is a sickness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies