Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:59 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times

Advertisements

I was stunned , she is Jewish and if I said " he is a Jew " I would think of myself bad person . I am guessing she is a non practicing Jew , she is a pro-choice , every woman should get a free abortion, Democrat .

To think it is OK to speak of Christians ( I am one) as " frightening " , and to say it loud for everyone to hear . ..
I didn't know what to say , I still don't .

Someone explain this woman to me , is this what Democrats think ? Is this what NY and California were thinking yesterday ?

I must add that I have never heard a Jewish person ever say anything like this . I think it was more of a shock because she was Jewish . My neighbors want to have 20 kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 03:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
One cannot rationalize those who behave or speak irrationally.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
How about you explain what you mean by accusing her of thinking "every woman should get a free abortion" first because that statement isn't remotely close to being 'pro-choice'?

Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How you explain what you mean by accusing her of thinking "every woman should get a free abortion" first?
OH , she said it !
I said a woman over 18 should be able to pay for her legal abortion (not gov money) then she said it.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Republicans love to call all muslims unheard of horrible things so i guess that's ok for them.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
I think many Jews (and I would count myself among them) feel the hairs on the back of our necks stand up when we hear about evangelical Christians getting elected. When the evangelicals talk about prayer in school, and "faith" based anything, we know it's not our faith they're talking about.

More people should feel threatened by those with a religious agenda...

Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Republicans love to call all muslims unheard of horrible things so i guess that's ok for them.
Painting with a broad brush again? Never pass up an opportunity to spew falsehoods do you!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
OH , she said it !
I said a woman over 18 should be able to pay for her legal abortion (not gov money) then she said it.
First you say: I am guessing she is a non practicing Jew , she is a pro-choice , every woman should get a free abortion, Democrat . and now all of a sudden you're quoting her?

Methinks there's a foul odor in Denmark

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
I was stunned , she is Jewish and if I said " he is a Jew " I would think of myself bad person . I am guessing she is a non practicing Jew , she is a pro-choice , every woman should get a free abortion, Democrat .

To think it is OK to speak of Christians ( I am one) as " frightening " , and to say it loud for everyone to hear . ..
I didn't know what to say , I still don't .

Someone explain this woman to me , is this what Democrats think ? Is this what NY and California were thinking yesterday ?

I must add that I have never heard a Jewish person ever say anything like this . I think it was more of a shock because she was Jewish . My neighbors want to have 20 kids.
Well, it is her right to express herself, isn't it? I certainly do agree that she probably should have kept this to herself or within her trusted inner circle, as it were, but, really when you think about it, it isn't any different than what Juan Williams or Rick Sanchez did.

As we have seen time and time again on this forum, it is very hard to argue with peoples' perceptions about those 'other' than themselves. To this woman, evangelical Christianity is extremely threatening. Perhaps she is recalling some of the accusations hurled at Jews by Christians over the centuries (they kill children so they can drink their blood...) Or, perhaps, she is simply concerned about her rights being infringed upon by someone whose religion is different from her own. Gee, where have we heard that before?

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think many Jews (and I would count myself among them) feel the hairs on the back of our necks stand up when we hear about evangelical Christians getting elected. When the evangelicals talk about prayer in school, and "faith" based anything, we know it's not our faith they're talking about.

More people should feel threatened by those with a religious agenda...
I'm a devout Christian and I feel that way about the evangelicals trying to turn us into a theocracy. Their Jesus doesn't seem to be acquainted with mine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies