Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:51 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Is it arrogant to place the blame on his own shoulders? To admit when he's been wrong or has gone the wrong path? How is that arrogant? if anyone can produce some transcripts or video of a certain other president taking responsibility & the blame, please provide it. Thank you.
He IS the President is he not? Then the glory OR the blame rests on his shoulders.

Lets see the definition of arrogant:

~ Having excessive pride in oneself
~ overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors
~ Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
~ making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights

Yup, that's obama... and lets not forget the famous (infamous) obama bow to the king of Saudi Arabia... And not to change the subject but his wife's comment about "the first time I am proud of being an American"

He didn't get it before and he still doesn't get it.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM

277 posts, read 166,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
He IS the President is he not? Then the glory OR the blame rests on his shoulders.

Lets see the definition of arrogant:

~ Having excessive pride in oneself
~ overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors
~ Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
~ making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights

Yup, that's obama... and lets not forget the famous (infamous) obama bow to the king of Saudi Arabia... And not to change the subject but his wife's comment about "the first time I am proud of being an American"

He didn't get it before and he still doesn't get it.
Well actually, you didn't really say a thing. All you did was provide some definition of arrogance....and? So? Why not give examples? Proclaiming that someone is arrogant just because you don't like them...well, that's a bit, I don't know, self indulgent maybe? Vague? Can't think of the term but you know what I mean. So anyway, those specific examples? Thank you.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
It real simple..Obama is a legend in his own mind....Hes a sick Bas*ard..Plain and simple.

The problem is, when he was elected all those fools who voted for him were to ignorante to do some research on his left-wing lunatic agenda.

Oh and by the way if you look back at my old post from when he was elected....I said..."When this idiot gets done you will not see another Dem. Pres. for at least 12 yrs....Prediction is coming true LOLOL.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:23 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
It real simple..Obama is a legend in his own mind....Hes a sick Bas*ard..Plain and simple.

The problem is, when he was elected all those fools who voted for him were to ignorante to do some research on his left-wing lunatic agenda.

Oh and by the way if you look back at my old post from when he was elected....I said..."When this idiot gets done you will not see another Dem. Pres. for at least 12 yrs....Prediction is coming true LOLOL.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Well actually, you didn't really say a thing. All you did was provide some definition of arrogance....and? So? Why not give examples? Proclaiming that someone is arrogant just because you don't like them...well, that's a bit, I don't know, self indulgent maybe? Vague? Can't think of the term but you know what I mean. So anyway, those specific examples? Thank you.
arrogance is a matter of individual opinion. While you might not see Obama as arrogant, that doesnt mean people have to share your opinion..

Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
hes a muslim terrorist whose sole purpose is to destroy america. he knew exactly what he was doing
Hahaha! Oh, you're serious. Muahaha, then.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:32 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Judging by the comments in this thread, it appears the election wasn't about his policies at all...it was about him personally. Consequently, I doubt he "gets it."

That's not surprising, but it doesn't bode well for the country in the future. In an atmosphere like that, 2012 looks to be an ABO election...Anybody But Obama.

Need I remind everyone that the 2008 election was about the same thing, ABB, and Obama is what we got. Will we elect an effective President in 2012 under those conditions, are will we buy another pig in a poke just to make a change?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:05 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Judging by the comments in this thread, it appears the election wasn't about his policies at all...it was about him personally. Consequently, I doubt he "gets it."

That's not surprising, but it doesn't bode well for the country in the future. In an atmosphere like that, 2012 looks to be an ABO election...Anybody But Obama.
I've been reading these threads for many months. There's never, if even rarely, a thread that has dealt with factual bases.

The majority of the posts dealt with vulagrity, innuendo, sacrcasm and a group of repeat posters yelping about the same things: the President's arrogance, feelings of superiority, not 'getting it', his suspect African connections, doubting his citizenship, he's a Muslim (who baptises his children in a Christian church) he's an alien.....whatever popped into their minds. Yellow journalism works. But in the end we will pay dearly for it.

Well, now those RWNJ have the country in their hands. It does not bode well for us because they will do anything to not have Pres. Obama re-elected. The major problem with this is which shallow pool will they be drawing from for their mouthpiece?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:21 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post

Exactly!!

Pelosi said in her interview with Diane Sawyer she spoke with Obummer and she and Obummer had no regrets. He tried to pass off his bad decisions as 'emergencies'. What a joke! He never had any intention of working with Republicans, but now he spews his 'intentions' of being bi-partisan because he is FORCED to work with them now. He appeared to be sulking throughout his entire speech yesterday like a baby.

I think he is an arrogant, condescending, narcissist.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:28 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
I get a chuckle that Obama is already trying to re-write his own history with the bogus "emergency" angle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies