Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:40 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times

Advertisements

Since Bush tax cuts didn't spear head the return of jobs back to the U.S, how do the newly installed House Majority plan to get the jobs back with their new version of tax cuts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 01:48 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
The extention of the Bush tax cuts for ALL Americans, not just the top earners, will help because people will have more money to invest into the economy. I have never heard anyone say it will bring jobs back to the US but it may help create new jobs. If you are talking about old manufacturing jobs I believe they will never come back, nor should they in a free market world economy. Didn't Biden say that this was the new normal?

Old 11-04-2010, 01:51 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking How soon will the Republicans tax cut to the wealthy bring Jobs back to the U.S

Immediately.

We should see unemployment drop like a rock between now and xmas.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
The extention of the Bush tax cuts for ALL Americans, not just the top earners, will help because people will have more money to invest into the economy. I have never heard anyone say it will bring jobs back to the US but it may help create new jobs. If you are talking about old manufacturing jobs I believe they will never come back, nor should they in a free market world economy. Didn't Biden say that this was the new normal?

So in other words, neither party which is controlled by Repbulicans will do NOTHING as usual to bring these jobs back to the U.S. There is no guarantee that by extending Bush tax cuts that these jobs will be created in the U.S. Its not just the manufacture jobs. Tech, Customer Service, Project Managers, Collections ect have been outsourced out of the U.S.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:14 PM

201 posts, read 470,087 times
Doesn't matter one way or the other if any jobs are created. They can claim that if they didn't extend the Bush tax cuts then we would have lost another gazillion jobs. Just like Obama and Bidon have been saying for the past 18 months, in regards to the stimulus that didn't create hardly a job. Thats how it works, politicians on both sides always claim victory no matter the out come.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Since Bush tax cuts didn't spear head the return of jobs back to the U.S, how do the newly installed House Majority plan to get the jobs back with their new version of tax cuts?
The Bush Tax Cuts have nothing to do with returning jobs back to the United States. They are all about making sure the wealthiest Americans keep as much money as possible.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The Bush Tax Cuts have nothing to do with returning jobs back to the United States. They are all about making sure the wealthiest Americans keep as much money as possible.
In other words, good ol' trickle down economics.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:24 PM

288 posts, read 350,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

I'm not one of the 'wealthiest Americans' but I'd sorta like to keep as much of MY money as possible also.

Regards,
TB

Old 11-04-2010, 03:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Stop stop stop stop stop.

Understand that extending the tax cuts does NOT create jobs.
It SAVES jobs. It would save at least three jobs just at our house, I can tell you that.

It encourages spending by those who can afford to spend (the higher ups in the middle class and up from there), thereby freeing up cash.

My hoarding more cash because you've taxed me more does not help the economy whatsoever. But free more of it up, and I will redistribute it in the form of jobs, purchasing goods and services, etc, that I would not otherwise.

A+ guarantee.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:30 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Normally I wouldn't post on this particular part of the forums because it is so inudated with emotional hyperbole, but this question (while formated in a manner to incite anger) actually has some merit for serious logical dialoge.

One of the principal reasons the major companies have been hording their cash reserves, (an estemated 4.5 trillion dollars by some reports in the main stream media) is as insurance against attacks by the government through regulation.
If the new congress codifies the tax cuts for the country and establishes a solid code the businessmen can see as a stable cost over a period of time, then they will start using their cash reserves to increase their business which equals more jobs and a better economy.

The government does have the ability to bring business and jobs back from overseas, not by demanding and penalizing, but by providing a better business climate. Legislate ways to protect companies from frivolous lawsuits, limit the taxes, open the door to everyone to work such as right to work, and the business climate becomes more inviting to work here.
We rank in the top 5 countries in the world for highest business taxes. Cutting taxes and providing a stable regulatory climate would go a long way toward bringing companies home.

Cheap labor is an incentive to go overseas, but shipping costs a lot of money as does maintaining infrastructure in both the overseas site and the home offices. What the primary draw of overseas plants are is the fact that most do not overregulate and create a hostile atmosphere for business to build and expand.
If you make the cost of doing business in the US less than the costs associated with making and shipping your costs here, the companies will come back, simple bottom line.

If you want the companies to come home, you must make it a better place to be than where they are, it is that simple.

Constant attacks by the left and demands to tax corporations out of existance do not create a climate that makes business want to be here.

We also need to reform the education system to produce people who can actually read and write and do basic mathematics.
We throw billions at the education system, but our students performance keeps dropping.
Companies need a workforce that can read instructions, add up their time cards, and write down production and order parts. If we have an illiterate workforce, why pay high wage when you get the same thing overseas for pennies?

Just my 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies