Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How is that flattering ourselves? And where is the whining? What is wrong with you?

If you don't like wasting money, stop voting for politicians who make that their bread and butter. That includes almost every democrat and all the big government republicans.
That's wonderful advice. Now tell me..did you vote for Bush? Bush Sr. Or Reagan? If so, you're hardly the right person to dispense advice to me about voting for pols who waste money.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:36 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats not what your figures show.. Your firgures are what percentage of americans on public assistance is of what race, not what percentage of blacks are on welfare..

Truth be told, blacks make up 14% of the public, but make up 34% of the welfare benefits.. (as of 2000).. if that number is down to 26%.. then blacks should be very thankful for the progress they have made in the last 10 years
Reading is fundamental. In my prior post I mentioned FAMILIES you mentioned individuals. Also the figures I quoted came from a 2009 study from the Urban institute.

Consult the link and look at the chart on page 5:

http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/411...landethnic.pdf

Old 11-04-2010, 03:36 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's wonderful advice. Now tell me..did you vote for Bush? Bush Sr. Or Reagan? If so, you're hardly the right person to dispense advice to me about voting for pols who waste money.
No. I didn't vote for any of them.

Thanks so much for your insight.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:37 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Contrary to popular belief most Black Americans, and Latino Americans are NOT on public assistance of any kind. In fact here is the breakdown of low income families in America:

White 42%
Latino 30%
Black 26%
Other 6%
I don't really care one way or another, but your data only shows the breakdown of all low income families by race - it does not show the the percentages/ratios within each racial/ethnic category. It seems like you're saying these numbers mean that 42% of white people are poor and 26% of black people are poor when they are only saying that 42% of poor people are white, etc... this is something totally different. I don't know the actual numbers to illustrate the converse of your figures, but you might be misinterpreting these specific numbers to mean something that may not necessarily be true. Carry on.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:38 PM

138 posts, read 214,904 times
Marco Rubio is not white. And most minorities are not big fans of the republican party because of the subtle racism that many republicans have. Of course, I would say just as many democrats have the same problem as well.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No. I didn't vote for any of them.

Thanks so much for your insight.
I'm not the one who is claiming to be "insightful"...you are. Giving advice on who to vote for? Who are you kidding?

Name the politician that you've voted for that did something to stop wasteful spending.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Reading is fundamental. In my prior post I mentioned FAMILIES you mentioned individuals.
That doesnt change that the statistic you posted doesnt backup your claim.
Quote:
Contrary to popular belief most Black Americans, and Latino Americans are NOT on public assistance of any kind. In fact here is the breakdown of low income families in America:

White 42%
Latino 30%
Black 26%
Other 6%
To break it down.. You said most black americans are not on public assistance, and then you quoted the breakdown of all americans.

If you want to dispell the belief that "most black americans" are not on public assistance, you need a statistic of black americans on public assistance.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:49 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That doesnt change that the statistic you posted doesnt backup your claim.

To break it down.. You said most black americans are not on public assistance, and then you quoted the breakdown of all americans.

If you want to dispell the belief that "most black americans" are not on public assistance, you need a statistic of black americans on public assistance.
Precisely.

100% of penguins are birds, so does that mean 100% of birds are penguins? No.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I don't really care one way or another, but your data only shows the breakdown of all low income families by race - it does not show the the percentages/ratios within each racial/ethnic category. It seems like you're saying these numbers mean that 42% of white people are poor and 26% of black people are poor when they are only saying that 42% of poor people are white, etc... this is something totally different. I don't know the actual numbers to illustrate the converse of your figures, but you might be misinterpreting these specific numbers to mean something that may not necessarily be true. Carry on.
I am so glad you, and other saw through his post. That is the type of deception that the MSM gets away with in 15 second "news" spots on TV. Libs have been doing things like that so long because no one can challenge them by shouting back at their tv set. On the internet it is a totally different story.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:24 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Poor libs, really reaching in their painful suffering from Tuesday.

It just so happens the GOP tent has expanded wonderfully - we now have a few black conservatives that won, hispanic women, Indian women, more gays......the hits just keep coming for the Left.
Gay man here.....I'll raise my hand and say thank GOD the Repubs won the House. Do I agree with everything the Repubs do? No. BUT, they will put a stop to Obama turning our country into something other than the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies