Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,135,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
grayson was a jackass, and an embarrassment for the democrat party, and an out and out liar. two of his campaign ads were completely false, and even the democrat party told him to pull those ads and he refused.

i dont care how educated a person is, when they stoop to lying about their opponents like grayson did, they deserve to be fired.
You're right, those were terrible ads. He'll never live them down, if he aims to run for elected office ever again. An inexplicable move. Too bad.

He didn't run hateful ads when he first ran in 2008, they were just standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,813,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You're right, those were terrible ads. He'll never live them down, if he aims to run for elected office ever again. An inexplicable move. Too bad.

grayson probably had proper decorum in his heart when he first went to congress, but there are some people who cannot handle the pressure of a national office. i say this only because i never heard of him until his tirade on the floor of congress, so i have no idea what he was like before he went to congress.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:03 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,742,682 times
Quote:
I know; I don't get the connection. Alan Grayson and the Unabomber went to Harvard. The Unabomber sent letter bombs and killed people. Ergo Alan Grayson sends letter bombs and kills people -- or he might!

That's Fox-trained thinking for sure

OK let me spell it out for you. (I always forget the left is a little challenged)

Ted Kaczynski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"He was born in Chicago, Illinois, where, as an intellectual child prodigy, he excelled academically from an early age. Kaczynski was accepted into Harvard University at the age of 16, where he earned an undergraduate degree, and later earned a PhD in mathematics from the University of Michigan. He became an assistant professor at the University of California, Berkeley at age 25 but resigned two years later."

Kaczynski was also well educated and he was also a nut. Grayson's academic pedigree is indicitive of exactly nothing.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
WRONG:
Re the lifetime pension:
Re free healthcare:
If a member of the House or Senate leaves office before retirement age, he is no longer eligible for group rates, but may COBRA his insurance benefits.

To quote Frost one more time:
I was reading that Sen Byrd of W.V. had 7.8 million dollar pension that would pay his widow $275,000 a year for life? I grant you he had a long tenure in the Senate... he was a old byrd...lol...but how can you justify that when they are there to represent the people? They should get NADA,ZILCH,NOTHING when they leave...right now they have the Rolls Royce of plans while the rest of us can't get a COLA raise...this is the 2nd year now like there isn't any inflation?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,841,019 times
Quote:
I think you all cut off your noses to spite your faces with Alan Grayson.

Alan Grayson - Political positions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh well. Anyone who can work his way through Harvard as a janitor and a night watchman and graduate summa *** laude in three years
Sounds like a smart guy, too bad he wasn't smart enough to find a better job instead of janitor/watchman while going to school...

Quote:
"found a nonprofit to promote medical research to improve the human experience of aging"
Sounds like he founded a B.S. scam to hide his taxes and revenue... but what did you expect from a lawyer...

Quote:
found a law firm
Don't most lawyers do that? Create their own private practice? Do a lot of scam lawsuits and get rich... something to be proud of? Let me guess, only if its a liberal scammer...

Quote:
be a lecturer at GWU on government contract law
big deal, is this suppose to mean something... the fact that you lecture on contract law is probably because you are an unethical person who seeks to undermine a contract... something he has probably a lot of experience in...

Quote:
found a billion-dollar company
What company is this? Lawsuit R Us?

Quote:
successfully blow the whistle on contract waste in Iraq (all previous see wiki bio)
And yet it still goes on like nothing ever happened... what a great guy, he sure did "change" a lot...

Quote:
mercilessly beat down Ben Bernanke regarding transparency in the Federal Reserve deserves a much better environment than that corner of Florida seems able to offer.
"Beat down" huh... you do realize it was LIBERALS who prevented the transparency... guess his enemies where his own friends... or maybe it was all "talk"... after all, that's what lawyers are good at...

Quote:
"But he was rude! And he looked scary!"

I think that District deserves someone its own speed.
Don't forget he LIES to the American people in their face and for what? Power? Money? Ego? Does he think Americans are stupid? You think that deserves any respect? You liberals are funny...

Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,327 times
Quote:
I think you all cut off your noses to spite your faces with Alan Grayson.

Alan Grayson - Political positions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh well. Anyone who can work his way through Harvard as a janitor and a night watchman and graduate summa *** laude in three years, "found a nonprofit to promote medical research to improve the human experience of aging," found a law firm, be a lecturer at GWU on government contract law, found a billion-dollar company, successfully blow the whistle on contract waste in Iraq (all previous see wiki bio) and mercilessly beat down Ben Bernanke regarding transparency in the Federal Reserve deserves a much better environment than that corner of Florida seems able to offer.

"But he was rude! And he looked scary!"

I think that District deserves someone its own speed.
Wow, this intellectual elite liberal snob never learned how to deal with people. He only learned to insult and demean. Doesn't sound like he gained much in his life other than to be a loud obnoxious oaf in other people's eyes. Too much of that and you become the class clown.

They always say though, 'The squeaky wheel gets the most grease.'

But in reality, if it keeps squeaking after getting the most grease, it get's replaced.

So, they replaced him. Simple like that.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,923,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Grayson will be back. Grayson took office breaking a 20+ year republican stronghold which is a major accomplishment. Not to mention Grayson scares the living sh*t out of republicans, a democrat that takes no crap and stands up for himself and the people is a republican's worst nightmare. Grayson had more attack ads and more funds spent against him than anyone this election cycle. An entire 1/5th of the republican funds were spent on Grayson alone. Hell even Glenn Beck went as far as saying "I don't care if the republicans lose every seat as long as we get rid of Grayson" Really goes to show what a true threat Grayson is.
He won't be back in that district...ever. I'm sure obama will offer him something. You keep saying he scares republicans - he didn't scare republicans, he made them angry with his lies, smears and overblown rhetoric. He was and is an embarrassment and the people in his district corrected their MISTAKE of 2008, as so many others did on Tuesday.

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know that! All right Alan!
You still don't know that. The GOP did not spend 1/5th of their funds of this imbecile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
His district was clueless that government actually works for the people, not corporations, before Alan Grayson came along. I guess they couldn't handle the truth
Yeah, let's get rid of the corporations and see how well government works then...with no money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why do you blame his constituency?
That's all they have - blame the uninformed, uneducated, confused voters - they're taking the narrative from obama, who denies it was HIS policies that wrought the destruction.

Quote:

And he paid for those lies and smears, but you see, that's all he had in his desperation. Why didn't he run on HIS voting record?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,111,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sounds like a smart guy, too bad he wasn't smart enough to find a better job instead of janitor/watchman while going to school...Sounds like he founded a B.S. scam to hide his taxes and revenue... but what did you expect from a lawyer...

Don't most lawyers do that? Create their own private practice? Do a lot of scam lawsuits and get rich... something to be proud of? Let me guess, only if its a liberal scammer...

big deal, is this suppose to mean something... the fact that you lecture on contract law is probably because you are an unethical person who seeks to undermine a contract... something he has probably a lot of experience in...

What company is this? Lawsuit R Us?

And yet it still goes on like nothing ever happened... what a great guy, he sure did "change" a lot...

"Beat down" huh... you do realize it was LIBERALS who prevented the transparency... guess his enemies where his own friends... or maybe it was all "talk"... after all, that's what lawyers are good at...

Don't forget he LIES to the American people in their face and for what? Power? Money? Ego? Does he think Americans are stupid? You think that deserves any respect? You liberals are funny...
Too bad you made such an idiotic statement at the jump as it set the stage for the rest of your post. Would anyone with any sense find negativity in someone holding an honest job while putting themselves through college?

Graduating summa *** laude in three years. He was also a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He returned to Harvard for graduate studies. Within four years, he earned a law degree with honors from Harvard Law School, a master's in public policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government, and completed the course work and passed the general exams for a Ph.D. in government.

Oh yes, I forgot, only a numbskulls need apply as we see the likes of candidates like Palin, Odonnell and Angle appear on the scene. These twits actually should be mopping floors and thank goodness the consituencies mopped the floor with them.

Grayson worked as a plaintiffs' attorney specializing in whistleblower fraud cases aimed at Iraq war contractors.

Grayson was actually fighting for the people and instead idiot Americans put revolving door lobbyists back in the saddle. The Congress has just been filled again with guys like Dan Coats...have you checked out his corruption record? How about the criminal in Florida...Rick Scott who admitted to 14 counts of Medicare fraud?

Yeah, we've got a nation of morons that vote against their own best interests and bash the guy that is an advocate for the average guy. Way to go nitwits!

Lastly...Grayson was one of the independently self made richest guys in Congress...he did not need to kiss the asses of lobbyists!

Old 11-06-2010, 10:21 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah, we've got a nation of morons that vote against their own best interests and bash the guy that is an advocate for the average guy. Way to go nitwits!

Lastly...Grayson was one of the independently self made richest guys in Congress...he did not need to kiss the asses of lobbyists!
If he's SO DANGED SMART, why did the people reject him?

If he's SO DANGED SMART, why did he use outright lies in Washington to demean Republicans.

If he's SO DANGED SMART, why did he use outright LIES and fabrication in his political ads to try and defeat his opponent?

If he's SO DANGED SMART, why ain't HE the president?

If he's SO DANGED SMART, why, why, why?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,923,536 times
Quote:
Grayson was actually fighting for the people
Well then, he should have run on his record instead of lying and smearing his opponent with FALSE attack ads...yes?

WHY didn't he run on his voting record?

Quote:
Would anyone with any sense find negativity in someone holding an honest job while putting themselves through college?
Are you actually saying this with a straight face after you ridiculed conservative candidates, past and present, for their "job" history?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies