Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:47 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabukeva View Post
You people are either complete morons , or apologists for Islam because you are a moderate Muslim who doesn't know his own religion, or worse, an Islamist who is lying to protect his religion.
SHariah law is a dangerous practice which condones STONING women and men for adultery (though oddly it's only the women who usually get stoned) and also killing men for being gay. It also says it is alright to follow laws of a country UNTIL THEY CONFLICT WITH SHARIAH. DO you people have any idea what that means? WOuld the PC crowd please wake up and smell the coffee??
That means that a father who believes his daughter has had a boyfriend and has had sex before marriage, is allowed by his religion, whether he lives in Oklahoma, New York, Saudi Arabia, or London, is ALLOWED and moreover, SANCTIONED by "god" to kill his own daughter. This has happened already on our own soil.
If you enter my country and bring your religion, fine, but you agree to abide by the laws of my country and to keep your ass backwards practices to your own *******.
How many pictures of gay men hung by cranes or women with their heads literally knocked off their bodies from rocks thrown at them by a crowd of men calling out "Allah!Mohammed!" do I need to post here , how many articles of women who have had their clitoris and labia cut off at the age of five or six, and sewn back u pagain so the only way for the man to make love to them (rape them basically, especially as it is permissible in Islam to marry a girl on nine years of age, the Ayatollah Khomeini made it legal in Iran, and the EU has been bowing down to the "needs" of the growing Islamic community in Europe by attempting to decriminalize pedophilia) is to cut them open with a knife, how many stories of American girls who are murdered by their fathers will the pc crowd need to see that the story they have been forcefed by the US media and the PC "intellectuals" that Islam is a religion of "peace" is utter crap and rubbish? wake up,
and people, read the "abrogated" texts from the Koran, don't believe me, believe the "holy" word of "Allah",

This is the type of primitive "culture" that needs to be contained in the Middle East as a tourist attraction for people of other cultures to pay to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
This is the type of primitive "culture" that needs to be contained in the Middle East as a tourist attraction for people of other cultures to pay to see.

There would be tourorists everywhere.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:38 AM

202 posts, read 352,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Chupy View Post
Exactly, North America has to grow some balls. Not every single damn thing has to be tolerated or promoted.

Because you apparently watch too much Fox News or CNN or whatever, maybe you should mix it up. Check out Russell Peters: what would be especially pertinent to you (and others on this board) = start watching at about 2:04 minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQ_4k4YQ_I

Old 11-14-2010, 03:41 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
...until someone accesses the file.

Precedents can be set by lower courts. They are considered persuasive, not binding. As such, it is entirely conceivable that given a similar set of circumstances within the same court system, a judge would rule similarly, having the persuasive precedent to follow.

A precedent set in another state will not affect anything which goes on in Oklahoma under this new law because it's a state law, subject to the state Constitution unless someone makes a federal case of it.

In this instance, CAIR did when they filed suit in Federal District Court. That court's decision was based upon federal law, which does not take into consideration state precedents.

Never make the common mistake of confusing state law with federal law. Remember this is a union of 50 states, each of which has it's own Constitution, it's own precedents, and it's own laws based upon that Constitution, in addition to being subject to federal law based upon the federal Constitution. Under state law, something may be quite constitutional in one state and un-constitutional in another because you're dealing with two, often very different, Constitutions.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
You people are either complete morons , or apologists for Islam because you are a moderate Muslim who doesn't know his own religion, or worse, an Islamist who is lying to protect his religion.
SHariah law is a dangerous practice which condones STONING women and men for adultery (though oddly it's only the women who usually get stoned) and also killing men for being gay. It also says it is alright to follow laws of a country UNTIL THEY CONFLICT WITH SHARIAH. DO you people have any idea what that means? WOuld the PC crowd please wake up and smell the coffee??
That means that a father who believes his daughter has had a boyfriend and has had sex before marriage, is allowed by his religion, whether he lives in Oklahoma, New York, Saudi Arabia, or London, is ALLOWED and moreover, SANCTIONED by "god" to kill his own daughter. This has happened already on our own soil.
If you enter my country and bring your religion, fine, but you agree to abide by the laws of my country and to keep your ass backwards practices to your own *******.
How many pictures of gay men hung by cranes or women with their heads literally knocked off their bodies from rocks thrown at them by a crowd of men calling out "Allah!Mohammed!" do I need to post here , how many articles of women who have had their clitoris and labia cut off at the age of five or six, and sewn back u pagain so the only way for the man to make love to them (rape them basically, especially as it is permissible in Islam to marry a girl on nine years of age, the Ayatollah Khomeini made it legal in Iran, and the EU has been bowing down to the "needs" of the growing Islamic community in Europe by attempting to decriminalize pedophilia) is to cut them open with a knife, how many stories of American girls who are murdered by their fathers will the pc crowd need to see that the story they have been forcefed by the US media and the PC "intellectuals" that Islam is a religion of "peace" is utter crap and rubbish? wake up,
and people, read the "abrogated" texts from the Koran, don't believe me, believe the "holy" word of "Allah",

A Muslim father may claim the right to kill his daughter, but the state will heartily disagree with him. His actions may be "right" in the eyes of his god, but the state will still subject him to the penalties of the law for murder.

In case those of you who are worried about Sharia taking over America haven't noticed, it is our secular law which will protect us IF we hold fast to the principal of separation of church and state.

In this case, CAIR is actually fighting for YOUR rights to be free of religion based laws because if the State of Oklahoma can insert religion into it's laws in regards to Islam, they can do the same thing with any other religion, including decide to base all laws on the Bible.

You REALLY don't want that! Why? Because the Bible, and especially the Old Testament on which much of the Qu'ran is based, contains exactly the same kinds of things as stoning your unruly children and your rights would then be based upon a judge's interpretation of the Bible, rather than legal precedent.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 AM

10 posts, read 20,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
A Muslim father may claim the right to kill his daughter, but the state will heartily disagree with him. His actions may be "right" in the eyes of his god, but the state will still subject him to the penalties of the law for murder.

In case those of you who are worried about Sharia taking over America haven't noticed, it is our secular law which will protect us IF we hold fast to the principal of separation of church and state.

In this case, CAIR is actually fighting for YOUR rights to be free of religion based laws because if the State of Oklahoma can insert religion into it's laws in regards to Islam, they can do the same thing with any other religion, including decide to base all laws on the Bible.

You REALLY don't want that! Why? Because the Bible, and especially the Old Testament on which much of the Qu'ran is based, contains exactly the same kinds of things as stoning your unruly children and your rights would then be based upon a judge's interpretation of the Bible, rather than legal precedent.

Yes, but with respect, the Old Testament and the laws of the old Jewish faith were revised by Jesus in the New Testament, just as, interestingly , almost everything that was sweet and forgiving towards Jews and just about everybody else was "abrogated" by dear Mohammed in the latter pages of the Koran. You see, opposite???Only in Islam we are left with the violent, anti semitic, murderous passages as those a "good Muslim" is meant to follow and subscribe to.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, but with respect, the Old Testament and the laws of the old Jewish faith were revised by Jesus in the New Testament, just as, interestingly , almost everything that was sweet and forgiving towards Jews and just about everybody else was "abrogated" by dear Mohammed in the latter pages of the Koran. You see, opposite???Only in Islam we are left with the violent, anti semitic, murderous passages as those a "good Muslim" is meant to follow and subscribe to.

Yes, but that's YOUR interpretation of the Bible. There are plenty who disagree with you (I don't) and therein lies the point of religious intrusion into the law, regardless of what religion it is.

When the law becomes subject to religious interpretation, there is no end to the evil that can bring because, after all, who can argue with The Word of God? Unlike with the secular law, precedent means nothing because The Word of God says what it says. That's how Islamic law operates and how laws based upon any other holy book would operate as well.

What Oklahoma is trying to do here is insert religion into the law in a negative sense by restricting any laws which might be based upon the Qu'ran. If they are successful at this (I doubt they will be, thank God), the precedent of religious interpretation of the law then becomes a reality.

I know Oklahoma. I was raised there, live very close to it now, have most of my family there and am an active member of an Oklahoma Southern Baptist congregation and I can warn you with assurance that if this Constitutional amendment stands, it won't be long before some astute state politician offers up an amendment to base all laws on the Bible and I can guarantee you, without a doubt, that it will pass.

Many in Oklahoma, and other places, think that would be a fine idea. Heck, we even see it right here from time to time. But, they're not thinking it through. Basing all laws on the Bible would be EXACTLY like imposing a form of Christian Sharia on ourselves because our rights under the law would depend upon who's interpreting Scripture.

Whenever that subject comes up in my interactions with other people (and it does, regularly) I always ask this question: Whose Christianity will we base our laws on? Yours? Mine? Catholics? Eastern Orthodox? Methodist's? Pentacostals? Mormons? The response is usually a blank look because they don't get it, but some say, "I never thought of it that way."

See? That's the danger of what Oklahoma is trying to do and why we should all support CAIR's attempts to overturn it.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Comparing new jersy to Oklahoma is an apples to lemons deal.

As for islam being a religion, then them members of it should act like it is. Know why that religion is my enemy? Because they never out right condenm the terriorist, those that cut heads off, etc, and I have yet to hear a muslim towel head EVER explain why it's not really war that the nation of islam declared on my Country!!! My bet is because they know the declared war on my Nation is real, and all these sicko members of this militant supposed religion that is nothing more than a murderous cult can say honestly is they personally don't like it. But FEAR of their iam's even prevent them from that!!!
So to all members of that murderous cult, your leader is in hell on fire forever where you will be if you don't pull your head out of your rear.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:53 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
You don't believe Christ is the Son of Man. You do not believe He died on the cross. Your book leaves that out and paints a whole other picture. Because if your book painted the picture right, then you would know what I hope most of us know, Christ, the greatest humanitarian that ever walked the face of this earth, was falsely accused of breaking man's law and was hung till death. (they hung an innocent man, you get that right?)

Christ was bringing warmth, goodness and hope to people and people believed in this goodness and those who did not want people to believe in the goodness, took Him out! "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do," Christ begged for the peoples forgiveness. People are ignorant, that's us, that's all of us. So we must as Christ would do, forgive each other of our stupidity and go on about our day, if we can. (death, mayhem, and destruction. are we having fun yet?)

Sharia is man's law and should be treated as such in the United States and only the United States laws should be the subject of our court systems here.

To bring the Shiite vs Sunni dispute to the United States, now that's ignorant. When a Muslim buys property in the United States or owns a business, does that Muslim pay tax dollars to the Middle East country from where they came from? This whole ball game is about money that no one can take with them after they are dead. That is another thing I find, dumb.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 11-15-2010 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: ()

Old 11-15-2010, 02:06 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, but that's YOUR interpretation of the Bible. There are plenty who disagree with you (I don't) and therein lies the point of religious intrusion into the law, regardless of what religion it is.

When the law becomes subject to religious interpretation, there is no end to the evil that can bring because, after all, who can argue with The Word of God? Unlike with the secular law, precedent means nothing because The Word of God says what it says. That's how Islamic law operates and how laws based upon any other holy book would operate as well.

What Oklahoma is trying to do here is insert religion into the law in a negative sense by restricting any laws which might be based upon the Qu'ran. If they are successful at this (I doubt they will be, thank God), the precedent of religious interpretation of the law then becomes a reality.

I know Oklahoma. I was raised there, live very close to it now, have most of my family there and am an active member of an Oklahoma Southern Baptist congregation and I can warn you with assurance that if this Constitutional amendment stands, it won't be long before some astute state politician offers up an amendment to base all laws on the Bible and I can guarantee you, without a doubt, that it will pass.

Many in Oklahoma, and other places, think that would be a fine idea. Heck, we even see it right here from time to time. But, they're not thinking it through. Basing all laws on the Bible would be EXACTLY like imposing a form of Christian Sharia on ourselves because our rights under the law would depend upon who's interpreting Scripture.

Whenever that subject comes up in my interactions with other people (and it does, regularly) I always ask this question: Whose Christianity will we base our laws on? Yours? Mine? Catholics? Eastern Orthodox? Methodist's? Pentacostals? Mormons? The response is usually a blank look because they don't get it, but some say, "I never thought of it that way."

See? That's the danger of what Oklahoma is trying to do and why we should all support CAIR's attempts to overturn it.
You want us to support what!? Where do you see religion in U.S. law if the Sharia laws of the middle east is banned from U.S. soil? Because frankly I don't see it.

In fact I see the opposite. I see the acceptance of Sharia law (Muslim man's law) is the acceptance of an established religion. I see it, that way, because they themselves tie it to their religious book. We too, would have to tie it to their book, as well, because it is a packaged deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies