Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

RealClearPolitics - Video - Gibbs: "I Do Not Think" GOP Will Try To Repeal Health Reform

RealClearPolitics - Video - Boehner: "We Are Going to Repeal ObamaCare"

Since the Health care deliberations and negotiations were never broadcast on C-span as promised during the 2008 campaign and the American people never included in the discussion, will Speaker Boehner have the sense to avoid the same mistake when fighting to repeal it by taking this debate directly to the people via C-span and include the citizens in any new health care decisions?

Bust out that popcorn kids!

This is going to be a good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 04:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
I hope they first deal with establishing control of our border. We have more immediate problems to fix!

Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
The GOP has no intention of actually repealing the health care reforms. They know, as you should, that they can never get it past the Senate or past a Presidential veto. Not only that, but they certainly don't want to go into 2012 painted as being against the best parts of that bill. They're not entirely stupid, you know?

What they DO intend is to posture and pass meaningless bills for your consumption. They'll "try" to pass it, then make a lot of noise about how the Democrats, liberals and progressives are killing it when, in fact, it would be their worst nightmare if it did pass. Of course, most of their supporters will swallow the lie, just as they've just gotten through swallowing a pack of them. Beck and Rush will scream and yell about how the Democrats are "obstructing" the will of The People and the crowd will respond with Pavlovian predictability.

Don't think so? If you don't believe this is about to happen, you have to totally ignore everything the new Republican leaders have been saying since election which should make it abundantly clear to anyone that their first, and ONLY priority is still Barack Obama, not you, not the Tea Party agenda and certainly not anything which will harm their corporate buddies.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:40 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The GOP has no intention of actually repealing the health care reforms. They know, as you should, that they can never get it past the Senate or past a Presidential veto. Not only that, but they certainly don't want to go into 2012 painted as being against the best parts of that bill. They're not entirely stupid, you know?

What they DO intend is to posture and pass meaningless bills for your consumption. They'll "try" to pass it, then make a lot of noise about how the Democrats, liberals and progressives are killing it when, in fact, it would be their worst nightmare if it did pass. Of course, most of their supporters will swallow the lie, just as they've just gotten through swallowing a pack of them. Beck and Rush will scream and yell about how the Democrats are "obstructing" the will of The People and the crowd will respond with Pavlovian predictability.

Don't think so? If you don't believe this is about to happen, you have to totally ignore everything the new Republican leaders have been saying since election which should make it abundantly clear to anyone that their first, and ONLY priority is still Barack Obama, not you, not the Tea Party agenda and certainly not anything which will harm their corporate buddies.
Repealing health "care" would would be a top priority to me. And millions of other Americans.

And if repubs do try and overturn it. Democrats are certain to block it. And will will be speaking the truth when they say democrats are obstructing it.

Then in 2012, enough candidates, including the president, will be elcted to overturn it. And it will be overthrown.

And there are no best parts of that bill. It is a complete disaster.

By the way, overturning the health "care" law will benefit corporations. It will benefit everyone. Including the poor.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:27 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Repealing health "care" would would be a top priority to me. And millions of other Americans.

And if repubs do try and overturn it. Democrats are certain to block it. And will will be speaking the truth when they say democrats are obstructing it.

Then in 2012, enough candidates, including the president, will be elcted to overturn it. And it will be overthrown.

And there are no best parts of that bill. It is a complete disaster.

By the way, overturning the health "care" law will benefit corporations. It will benefit everyone. Including the poor.

Overturn it and replace it with what? No health care reform at all? You're statisfied with things the way they are now?

I'm not and I don't think a majority of our neighbors are either.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:30 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
they won't overturn it but they will try hard to limit it. Hopefully they'll succeed............

Old 11-06-2010, 05:39 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,499 times
[quote=momonkey;16548790
Since the Health care deliberations and negotiations were never broadcast on C-span as promised during the 2008 campaign and the American people never included in the discussion, will Speaker Boehner have the sense to avoid the same mistake when fighting to repeal it by taking this debate directly to the people via C-span and include the citizens in any new health care decisions?
[/QUOTE]

The key part of this quote is "taking this debate directly to the people via C-span and include the citizens in any new health care decisions".

People really need to know what is included in the mega bill. Insurance professionals that I talk with say they get calls everyday asking when the free insurance kicks in. Do people know that next year as a part of this legislation employer paid healthcare must be shown on individual W-2's?

I agree that something that has such a profound effect on everyone should be debated very publicly.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
RealClearPolitics - Video - Gibbs: "I Do Not Think" GOP Will Try To Repeal Health Reform

RealClearPolitics - Video - Boehner: "We Are Going to Repeal ObamaCare"

Bust out that popcorn kids!

This is going to be a good one!
I hope they do make that their objective. It will serve us, the Dems, well
for the next couple of years. I have embarked on the "GOP Gloat" campaign, with some success on the social media sites. The gloating over the "Big Win" is irritating a lot of people. So far, the best success has been, throwing in a dig, get a response, then keep building the dings and get a number of people irked. I wonder, is that baiting, or politics?

Old 11-06-2010, 05:54 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
There's plenty of dems in the Senate who will support repealing it. They want to keep their seats...

But, the House can de-fund it until the time it is repealed anyways, making it, essentially, not exist.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:56 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Overturn it and replace it with what? No health care reform at all? You're statisfied with things the way they are now?

I'm not and I don't think a majority of our neighbors are either.
I would get the government completely out of it. Since govt intervention is what makes it expensive in the first place.

Unfortuantely, that won't happen. Republicans have proposed in the past Health Savings Accounts, allowing insurance companies to do business in any state, reforming liability laws and many more ideas.

Those won't bring down costs or improve care as much as getting government completely out of it. But it will make things better than they are now.

Any/all of those ideas are a million times better than the system the democrats passed. That thing will do nothing but drive up costs and deny care.

Book it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies